My wife and I just returned from our wedding in Los Cabos, and we couldn't have been more thrilled with our experience.. We had a small wedding with 19 guests, all of whom stayed at this property. Here are some of the highlights...
Location: The hotel is located on Medano Beach right across from Land's End. You couldn't ask for a more picturesque backdrop for a wedding. Just sitting at the beach or pool never got old because of the amazing views. The hotel within reasonable walking distance to town, but far enough from the party hotels/bars in the heart of Medano Beach so that it was actually quiet and relaxing. There is a bus stop right outside the hotel if you want to take the bus to Walmart or to town. The multitude of vendors can be annoying, but easily avoided if you stay up by the pool.
Service: I don't know if it was just because we were a wedding party, but everyone from the bellhops to the reception staff, housekeepers, and waiters at the restaurants were exceptionally good to us. People remembered our names, seemed genuinely happy to see us, and were always friendly and attentive. The staff seemed to actually enjoy their jobs. Our wedding coordinator, Karla Bastidas, worked very hard to make sure that we had the wonderful experience we had been hoping for.
Value: We got a great deal on expedia which included a food/beverage credit, which made up for what seem to be fairly typical (expensive) resort prices for food at the property. We would have been happy in the cheapest room available, having payed a bargain-basement price on the internet, but the wedding coordinator managed to get us upgraded to a honeymoon suite, which turned to be a gated suite typically used by the owner's guests. I can't imagine that you could count on this happening to you, but I would be surprised if they didn't make a serious effort to make you comfortable if you were getting hitched here.
Speaking of getting hitched, we were absolutely blown away by how affordable it was to get married here. The price on their wedding package is substantially less than many of the other area hotels, and I can't imagine getting any better service than we received here. $750 got us a space reserved on the beach, nicely decorated chairs and a huppah looking out towards Land's End, and one hour of professional photography (they threw this in because we didn't need the minister that usually comes with the package). They also came to decorate the bridal suite with flower petals, candles, and complimentary stuff from the spa on the wedding night.
Rooms/atmosphere: We obviously hit the jackpot with the honeymoon suite, but the other rooms we saw all looked clean and comfortably furnished. The beds were comfortable. The atmosphere of the rooms and the hotel in general is comfortable. Stuff is definitely nice, but not over the top luxurious, and the atmosphere is more family-friendly rather than exclusive. The pool is nice, but the replica pirate ship sitting in the middle of it is probably more likely to appeal to the kids than the adults, despite the fact that it is basically the poolside bar. The availability of kitchenettes is another major bonus for families with kids. Being able to give the kids cereal or a sandwich instead of forking out resort prices for every meal is a serious plus. If you're looking for a quiet, ultra-luxurious, exclusive property, you should look elsewhere, but this place definitely met or exceeded our needs and expectations. One of my friends was so happy with the property that he exchanged his timeshare in Puerto Vallarta for this one.
Timeshare factor: Definitely could be an annoyance, but I expected worse. The concierge staff is comprised entirely of timeshare salespeople, and they seemed faintly annoyed when rebuffed in their attempts to schedule a presentation for us, but after reading reviews, I actually expected the timeshare pressure to be much worse than it was.
Summary: We were absolutely thrilled with the service and value we received at this hotel, and would definitely recommend it for a destination wedding, or for travelers to Cabo in general, particularly families.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Create magical memories the minute you walk into Villa del Arco Beach Resort & Spa in Cabo San Lucas, an idyllic and delightful retreat, where the staff is committed to ensuring you get the best of the 3 Rs: relaxation, recreation and romance. This sophisticated five-star, all-suite property, often referred by past guests as calming, beautiful and comfortable, offers secluded stretches of beach where you can shut out the world and relish in the surroundings. Our comfortable, yet luxurious suites feature unbeatable views of sand and sea, including the exotic El Arco rock formation, the official symbol of Los Cabos. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Villa del Arco Beach Resort & Spa Cabo San Lucas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Del Arco Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Hotel Del Arco
- Del Arco Hotel
- Villa Del Arco Cabo San Lucas
- Villa Del Arco Beach Resort & Spa Cabo San Lucas Los Cabos