We were originally booked to go to Playa Del Carmen the day after Dean hit, so at the last minute we changed our plans to Cabo. After reading all of the reviews about VDA we were a little bit concerned about overbooking, the rooms and the food. We had a very good experience at this resort. We decided to do the all-inclusive for 3 days of our stay. We had breakfast two days at the Palmar and one day at Del Arco, it is better at PalMar. We ate at El Faro (sushi), La Perla (seafood), and La Tortuga (buffet/dinner show). All of the food was very good! The drinks were good too, especially by the pool. Ricardo was the best waiter! Make sure to try a hamburger by the pool, they smelled soooooo good and tasted even better!
We got upgraded to a one bedroom suite. The rooms were very nice, a full kitchen, jacuzzi bath in the bedroom. Nice big balcony with table and chaise lounge.
The beach area was nice, the sand is a little rough, but not to bad. The water was good if you manage to get in! The waves were more than we were use to but kind of fun trying to get in and out without getting a swimsuit full of sand. We walked to the Mango deck one day, it took about 10 min on the beach.
We also tried some restaraunts in town. We went to Alexanders by the marina for a nice dinner, the Office on Medano Beach was very good mexican food with a nice salad buffet. The best dinner we had was at El Golondrina, we were suppose to go to "The Park" for dinner on Monday night but we got there and they were closed so we walked across the street. The food at Golondrina was excellent, we had the seafood sampler for one and split it. (plenty of food).
Overall we would have rather been in Playa Del Carmen because we like the caribbean water, but our trip to Cabo was fun and we loved the Villa Del Arco.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Create magical memories the minute you walk into Villa del Arco Beach Resort & Spa in Cabo San Lucas, an idyllic and delightful retreat, where the staff is committed to ensuring you get the best of the 3 Rs: relaxation, recreation and romance. This sophisticated five-star, all-suite property, often referred by past guests as calming, beautiful and comfortable, offers secluded stretches of beach where you can shut out the world and relish in the surroundings. Our comfortable, yet luxurious suites feature unbeatable views of sand and sea, including the exotic El Arco rock formation, the official symbol of Los Cabos. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Villa del Arco Beach Resort & Spa Cabo San Lucas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Del Arco Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Hotel Del Arco
- Del Arco Hotel
- Villa Del Arco Cabo San Lucas
- Villa Del Arco Beach Resort & Spa Cabo San Lucas Los Cabos