“Low key, family resort”

Villa del Arco Beach Resort & Spa Cabo San Lucas
Ranked #10 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed May 16, 2010

We have 2 children ages 5 and 6 and found this resort to meet all of our needs. We have nothing bad to say! The staff are super friendly and hospitable. It is close to down town (a $7 dollar taxi). The hotel that is also associated with this one (Villa del Palma) is more for a younger croud who like to party...the Arco was not roudy at all and was quiet by the time we were all ready for bed!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank jjiswallin
VDA-GM, Manager at Villa del Arco Beach Resort & Spa Cabo San Lucas, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2010

Dear Guest, thank you very much for taking the time to write a review in TA, we are delighted to know that we provided you a nice experience to you and your family, and hope to have the opportunity of being yourt Host in the near future.

Cordially,

Reviewed May 14, 2010

The Villa Del Arco is our favorite property in Cabo right now, very great scenic views, not loud, great pool and spa. We have owned for two years. However, we went to a sales presentation/update, and the fun stopped there. The sales manager, Robert and his sidekick Ian are involved in a scam with Imperial Management and Scott Harris. Get this, I told them I have three other timeshares, did not want to spend a dime more and wondered if they take trades, they sad yes. I came back next day after they appraised my other properties, and wanted to sell me a $65K beachfront in de Palmer (crediting me for one property as a trade in). After I said you are kidding me, they wanted to sell me to a switch to their point system for $8,590, again I said you are kidding. At that point the sales manager Robert calls this guy Scott, who is suppose to be this great reseller agent of timeshares (exclusively) to some hot Asian market. Robert shoves the cell phone in my face. I then talk with Scott who tells me I have awesome properties that he could sell for me in a very short time at top dollar. I get pumped, and tell Robert and Ian that I just want to sell with Scott. The sales person lady gets upset and rude with me that she apparently lost a sale and I apparently lied to her, and goes to tell Robert that I only want to sell with Scott. After 5 min, Ian comes back, says Robert is in a meeting, but wanted Ian to tell us that they are there to sell things, and that the only way I can get Scott's info is if I "buy" something from Del Arco ($8,590 is cheapest thing to buy). I reinterate again I am not buying anything, and they basically said see ya and "dismisses me" (thank you, thanmk you). As we were walking out 5 min. later we saw Robert eating chips in the kitchen (some meeting). These guys are scammers and so is Imperial Management and Scott Harris (Ian's last name is also Harris!), They have no website and many BAD reviews. I can't believe a classy place like Del Arco stoops to this level of scum - Robert and his blackmail tactics with scamming reselling agents need to go. What a wonderful way to treat current owners - makes me want to upgrade or buy more - and recommend others to buy here -NOT! If Del Arco knows this (I assume they do and approve) they are not a classy and trustworthy timeshare either.

2  Thank Ezace
VDA-GM, Manager at Villa del Arco Beach Resort & Spa Cabo San Lucas, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2010

Dear Guest, thank you very much for writing a review in TA. We truthfully welcome your concerns and comments and consider them to be extremely important to us. Although you enjoyed your stay with us, we are concern for the time share incident you had, as this does not reflects the philosophy of the company, and we already forwarded your comment to the marketing and sales Director, we hope you could give us another chance to serve you.

Reviewed May 13, 2010

Just got back from Cabo and staying at the Villa Del Arco... All I can say is I felt like a pampered princess every day. The rooms are gorgeous and well thought out and appointed and the staff is awesome and very accommodating. Loved the pool area, and for me, the beach was a gem! So glad that I booked this property and I can't wait to go back! My body may be here in Colorado, but my heart and mind are still at Villa Del Arco! Highly Recommend! Sushi Restaurant onsite is AMAZING - Chef's special is a feast to experience. Only concern I had is that the beds are a little on the hard side, beside that... book with confidence.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest, we thank you for taking the time to write a review and share your experience in our Resort. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are happy to announce the purchasing of new mattresses and linen for the beds, they will be place in the next few months, and hope you could enjoy this new comfort in your next visit to our Resort. We thank you again and hope to see you in the near future.

Coridally,

Reviewed May 8, 2010

This year I traveled solo and quite frankly I never felt alone. Most of my day was spent at the pool or beach areas therefore I became friendly with the wait staff at El Bucanero; the poolside restaurant. The entire waitstaff always greeted me with a smile and they went out of their way to provide efficient and prompt service. I want to thank everyone who waited on me; Alfredo, Raymundo, Israel and Juan. I apologize if I forgot to mention all the fabulous waiters who took such great care of me!
Muchas Gracias...Squirrel (Ardilla)

P.S. Hasta luego, Amigos :)

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo

Dear Guest, thank you very much for choosing our resort for you´re past vacation in Los Cabos and also for taking the time to write a review. We are delighted to know that our wait staff take good care of you, and they will be happy to know your comments about them, warm regards and we look forward for your return.

General Manager.

Reviewed May 5, 2010

Beautiful and clean facility, rooms and grounds!

Our only disappointment was with the under-utilization of the beautiful restaurant/bar areas.
We were hungry about 3:00PM and could find no restaurant available at Del Arco and had to go to Palmar where we enjoyed a very good meal and great service with a great view.
The next evening we were in the mood for a drink about 9:30PM and headed for what we hoped would be a great bar area either outside or inside. There was nothing open in the beautiful outside areas so we headed into the restaurant. We looked for a designated bar area and upon finding none, asked if there was a bar area. We were asked to sit at one of the vacant dinner tables with dirty table cloths left over from dinner service.
We had hoped for a coffee drink which came in a small, ceramic coffee mug, luke warm and $16.00 US each!! There was no flaming tableside preparation as we had enjoyed at other hotel bars for $10.00 US. $10.00 would have been too much for what we experienced. We drank quickly and left.
Del Arco needs to have a designated bar area and would not require any remodeling, just some reorganization and possibly some intimate bar-style stools and tables to separate it from the dining area. It is a beautiful room! but not a very savvy bar staff.....at least our waiter was not. Would have been nice to have the option of enjoying an active bar outside on the deck area as well until well into the evening as most other hotels enjoy. With the profit potential for drinks, this would only make economic sense as well!

We look forward to our next stay in hopes others have passed these type of constructive comments along for consideration

John

Eugene, OR

1  Thank Vashon52

Dear Guest, thank you very much for writing a review in TA. In regards with the bar at the restaurant, we are delighted to announce the opening of the beach lounge, we are sorry to learn that our staff failed to inform you about this, anyway there is no excuse for the service received in our restaurant, and our food & beverages Director has been informed of this, thank you for bringing this to our attention, kind regards and look forward for your next visit.

Reviewed April 26, 2010

This hotel is gorgeous and has a beautiful location. The person in charge of grounds and cleanliness gets an A+ 5 star rating. It touts itself as a 5 star hotel and the local Cabo travel magazine does too. However, the 5 stars end with the cleanliness and location.. We traveled with another couple, us in our 50s them in their 40s. We got there and both received an upgrade to a 1 bedroom from a deluxe ocean view room. All rooms at the Villa appear to have at least a partial view of the ocean. The rooms are beautiful and very clean. The one we got had a nice kitchen with dishwasher as well as a stackable laundry. Room service was clean however supplies were touch and go depending on what I couldn't figure out. Somedays you got hand towels others not, never got a replenishment on dishwasher soap, refills of soap and shampoo didn't depend on being out of the original it just appeared on the 4th day.
The room overlooked the pool and we could easily see the ocean while sitting on the large deck. That is the good news, now then, let's talk time share, this is a time share, they offer 15% off hotel items for 90 minutes and further discounts for fishing and snorkeling. We did it for the 40-60% fishing discount promise. We were held hostage by the closer girl for 3 1/2 hours before I finally felt like the only escape was to be rude and cause a scene. She knew it and let us go just as I was about to stand up and walk. Then we got hustled to another girl to sign up for activities with our promised discounts where she said we had to tour another time share in order to get a 5 hour fishing trip for $190.00 but if we didn't go on the other tour it would be $244.00 which is 15% off the hotel listed price. We got up and walked out and paid $200.00 at the marina. We also discovered that all activities with or without the discount were available for the discounted price if you just asked around, no time share necessary. The other problem was everyone, everywhere was hustling you. In the hotel restaurant they "gave" us 1 free breakfast, $22, but we had a $25 coupon which they took and forgot all about. The food is so so, recommend the ahi tuna at the sushi restaurant. All others were not that great breakfast, lunch or dinner. The pool service is great but look out for the hustle, the waiters offer the first 2 beers "free" a favor, don't tell anyone, and bring you 2 cans for $10 when you ordered the 2 for 1 drafts which cost $7. If you have 3 you pay more and they guy reminds you he did a favor and you feel obligated to tip more, if you go for it. There is no night life except the nightly theme dinners, Fiesta night was great ,free drinks for 3 hours and great entertainment. There are no other choices for night life except quiet jazz music in restaurant bars so this is not the place for anyone who wants to party. Our friends used the spa and enjoyed it.
Great for families with kids and people who don't go out if you can handle the constant feeling of being hustled at a 5 star hotel. I won't go back again.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest, thank you very much for taking the time to write a review and share your experience in our Resort. We truthfully welcome your comments as we consider them very important for us. We are happy to know that you did like our resort and the room we asigned to you. We apologize if the maid service did not fulfill your expectations, and our House Keepper will take the proper measurements. We are sorry if the sales representative made you feel unconfortable, we forwarded your comment to the Marketing Manager, best regards.

Reviewed April 13, 2010

Our family of four spent the last week in paradise. We are frequent travelers and Villa del Arco was one of the best vacations we've ever had. The property is beautiful and the restaurants are all very good. We chose to go all inclusive and it was truly a treat to not have to worry about when we'd all get together to eat, who would cook, clean up, etc. Our two teenage boys were able to order poolside and on the beach whether we were with them or not. Our favorite servers were Jose at breakfast, Fabian and Gilberto on the beach and poolside. They all three were wonderful and always happy and there for us. We only had one server, Garcia, at La Perla, who was not very friendly and seemed to not want to wait on us. Other than that it was perfect. Very clean and comfortable. The beach was beautiful and the kids loved going down the way for the "big waves." We were told in advance to steer clear of the concierges because they would hound you to go to a breakfast with a timeshare salesperson. We avoided that and had no problems. We are looking forward to going back to Villa del Arco again next spring break.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family

Dear Guest, thank you very much for taking the time to write a review in Trip Advisor. We are delighted to know that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us, and our wait staff will be happy to know your comments about them, we already forwarded them to their supervisors. We thank you again and hope to see you soon.