3,043 results
All reviews pirate ship american grill villa group time share neptune restaurant taco bar one bedroom suite gold card paddle boarding murphy bed washer and dryer recommend villa full kitchen all inclusive package per device pool concierge bella california
Reviewed January 29, 2018 via mobile

We recently visited Villa Del Arco from January 13-27 th! We had a fabulous experience! We were there on a fixed week and then had to move to the top floor where the view from our patio was breathtaking for the second week!Socorro took care of our room cleaning everything even washing windows! Every night someone else came to bring clean towels, close the curtains and put a chocolate or little lotion on your pillow as they turn back your bed! Andreas and Lety met our every need at the pool bringing drinks and food! Christian and Alma took care of our gym and spa needs, and Jorge and Heriberto can answer and solve any question you have even serving fruit on a stick around the pool at lunch! The pool is crystal clear and clean! Antonio can take care of you at the desk! He is the best at addressing any issue! If you can’t find your favorite game to watch take the trolley to La Palmar to the sports bar where the food and drinks are great while watching your favorite game! Don’t forget to stop by the market to get supplies and ice cream before taking the trolley back! They have wonderful restaurants at three resorts on the property! If you want to go into town it is a short taxi or water taxi ride! Always like to have a romantic evening at Hacienda before leaving a little bit of paradise!

Stayed: January 2018
1  Thank Escape306471
guestservicevda, General Manager at Villa del Arco Beach Resort & Spa Cabo San Lucas, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2018

Dear TA member,

Thank you for expressing your great satisfaction with Villa del Arco Beach Resort and for sharing the details of your stay with us.
I am very glad to learn that our team has contributed greatly to making your stay memorable. We are committed to offering outstanding service. I am thankful for your kind words which I will personally share with Andres, Lety,Christian, Alma, Jorge, Heriberto and Antonio.

On behalf of our Villa del Arco Beach Resort team, we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed January 28, 2018

My family of 4 recently travelled to Cabo for a long weekend. We chose Villa del Arco through Expedia because my youngest loves pirate's and I thought the property looked fun for him (plus we really wanted a 1 bedroom for the space). We flew from the states only to be told upon arrival that they couldn't find our reservation and that we should just go get a drink by the pool and they would figure it out. Well, the real kicker was there were was a mixup somehow and there were no rooms available.

Upon finding this out, the manager Misael spoke to us and said they had 1 studio available with 2 queen beds and that was it (this was not what we paid for) and that was all they had left. We could take it or leave it. If we didn't take it he would give it to the next couple that came in and wanted it. This was Expedia's fault in his eyes and there was nothing he could do. There was no apology, no mention of trying to help us, it was pretty much take it or leave it.

At his point I was pretty mad and let him know to hold the room (we had no idea where to go) but I was most definitely going to let this incident be known on Tripadvisor. Upon saying that he told me "then why would I hold the room for you?" I almost lost it, but jumped on the phone with Expedia (who swore up and down they had sent the payment and reservation to Villa del Arco) and their customer service agent actually listened to me and made everything right by moving us to another hotel on Medano Beach that ended up being excellent. A quick $9 cab ride and the rest of our stay in Cabo was amazing.

I understand mix ups happen. Had Misael understood we had been travelling all day and tried to use some customer service skills then maybe I could have even stayed in the studio. But to be given such poor customer service and taking no fault in the situation is something that I have never encountered like this before (we travel quite a bit). I wish the circumstances had been different but the silver lining was with Expedia's help we did find a place in Cabo we will be returning to, it just won't be here.

Stayed: January 2018, traveled with family
6  Thank cokib
Gaby G, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Villa del Arco Beach Resort & Spa Cabo San Lucas, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2018

Dear Cokib,

We thank you for taking the time to write a note regarding your stay with us, and for bringing this valuable information to our attention. Your ratings and comments help us a great deal in our effort to improve our service.

First, we are sorry to learn of the inconvenience you encountered with the misunderstanding related to your Expedia reservation and final unit available. Please accept our sincere apology for the lack of service and proper attention you received from Misael regarding this situation. It is important to let you know that we are highly involved in reaching better goals eventhoug the challenge of a high occupancy at Villa del Arco, a positive attitude in all our staff members most perdure; this is why we are working in an intensive “Yes You Can” training program. However, we thank you for bringing this valuable information to our attention.

We truly hope that in the future you would give us the opportunity to welcome and to be able to offer you with the quality and service you expect and deserve.

Respectfully,

Reviewed January 26, 2018 via mobile

big thank you to Hilda who cleaned our room every day, and to Nora who came when Hilda had her days off on Thursday.
And thank you to Vickie, Fernanda and Erica at the elite concierge desk. They take such good care of the members here at the resort. Just ask for help and they will do their best to make it happen.
Also thank you to Heriberto, the wonderful elite pool manager who is a fun, cheerful and very personable ambassador for the resort.
And I would like to acknowledge one outstanding waiter - Heber. You learned our names the first day we arrived and always had a smile when you greeted us to start the day by the pool. Thank you Heber!!!!!
We love our Mexican beach home because of the people who work here.
(The view of Cabo from our room is pretty darn nice too.)
An excellent experience totally because of the staff.
Gracias
- Jonathan and Joanne
Redmond, Wa

Stayed: January 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jonathan D
guestservicevda, General Manager at Villa del Arco Beach Resort & Spa Cabo San Lucas, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2018

Dear Jonathan D,

I am very glad to learn that our team has contributed greatly to making your stay memorable. We are committed to offering outstanding service. I am thankful for your kind words which I will personally share with Vikcy, Fernanda, Erika, Heriberto and Heber.

Reviewed January 22, 2018

We recently traveled to Villa del Arco as a family of 8 members including my 2 year old granddaughter. We had a number of concerns going to Cabo with all of the media attention the area has received. We did venture in to town a couple of times and never felt unsafe or in danger at any time.

Ate at the breakfast buffet almost every morning and have to give a great big thank you to Felix and Flavio for the great service we received from them both! They remembered what we liked to drink every time and were very friendly and attentive.

At the pool Eduardo was our server a couple of the days and he deserves a huge thank you! He remembered all of our names, our room numbers and what we liked to drink! He was always checking in and went above and beyond! With our little one we needed to stay at the shallower pool and their rotation took him to a different section which was a huge bummer!

We had most of our evening meals on site and had great food and service at all of the restaurants!

Unfortunately we did have a couple of negatives! There was a water issue in our room the 2nd day of our trip and we let the desk know early in the morning. We went about our day, spending most of it at the pool at the resort. We got back to our room around 3:30 in the afternoon with plans to get ready to go out to dinner with a 5:00 reservation and we had no water and housekeeping had not been in. My husband checked with the desk and they said housekeeping hadn't gone in because there was no water and they did not have a time that we would have water back on. That didn't make sense to me so I checked with the desk and they said that they weren't even aware that we didn't have water until my husband let them know and that it could be 3 - 4 hours before we had water. Our daughter and her family had another room at the resort so we all showered in their room and came back to our room to get ready and the water was back on. Very confusing information all the way around. The manager then stopped by our room to let us know that they were going to have to move us the next day and he would let us know where to. After we had breakfast the next day we checked with the front desk to see what time we needed to move so we could get ready and they told us that they weren't going to move us after all. We just feel that communication regarding this could have been handled much better!

• Stayed: January 2018, traveled with family
4  Thank milan01998
guestservicevda, General Manager at Villa del Arco Beach Resort & Spa Cabo San Lucas, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2018

Dear milan01998,

I appreciate the time you took to share your experience with us.

I am very sorry that your recent visit didn't go as expected. Your feedback is highly important to us. Without hesitation we will take into consideration your comments to improve our service and prevent a recurrence of such an event.

We hope you will give us the opportunity to host you again so that we may serve you with the warmth and hospitality for which we are recognized.

Reviewed January 20, 2018 via mobile

From the moment you enter the beautiful ocean view lobby of this resort you will feel like you have found paradise! The entire staff will greet you with smiles and a great attitude. We are members of the resort and always look forward to our extended stay each winter. Through the years we have met and come to know many of the staff and they always remember their returning guests. New guests are given the same level of service as well. The resort is directly on the beach overlooking the famous Lands End and the beautiful Sea of Cortez. There are many wonderful restaurants, both at the resort and within walking distance or short cab or bus ride into town. The weather is ideal with sunshine and warm temperatures almost every day! It is a great place to just relax or enjoy activities at the resort or in the area. Whale watching is always a great adventure and usually with lots of whale activity. The entire staff, bellman Paul and Oscar and friends, front desk Alexjandra and Antonio, concierges Vickie and Erika and Fernanda, housekeeping Socorro and especially Heriberto and his cohort Jorge at the pool will brighten your day with smiles and treats each day! Special mention especially goes to Misael the guest services manager . He does a phenomenal job motivating his staff by setting a great example of the meaning of customer service! He always has a huge smile and a can do attitude in a job that is not always easy to keep everyone happy! We would definitely recommend this resort and any of the Villa Group properties.

Stayed: January 2018, traveled with friends
2  Thank Carol I
guestservicevda, General Manager at Villa del Arco Beach Resort & Spa Cabo San Lucas, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2018

Dear Carol I,

I am very glad to learn that our team has contributed greatly to making your stay memorable. We are committed to offering outstanding service. I am thankful for your kind words which I will personally share with Alejandra, Antonio, Paul, Vicky, Fernanda, Erika, Socorro, Heriberto and Jorge the pool buttlers. Misael. We are proud of all of them.