We stayed at Villa Del Arco because it is on the main swimming beach in Cabo. We had been looking at a package deal but found that by booking our stay through DestinationCabo.com, we saved enough on their incredible rates that it literally paid for our flights! Bob with Destination Vacations helped us with great information regarding the resort and Cabo area, with specific tips and tricks that helped us minimize surprises and get the most out of our stay. Because I had heard different stories about distances to things in Cabo, I timed the walk on the beach and it took us 12 minutes to get the The Office and Mango Deck (we stopped for a few photos along the way). A little too crazy down on that end of the beach for us so the location of this resort was perfect.
The setting of the resort is spectacular, with awesome views of Lands End and the long stretch of beach called Medano. Our room was on the city side of the resort which was pefect as we had beach and Lands End views and city lights at night and a hot tub that no one used right below us so it was like our private little oasis. It was all very quite and peaceful and a great retreat after pool lounging and all the activites of the day. The resort pool is huge and has great views too. All the water activities were super convenient, right out on the beach in front of the resort. The waves were very calm on this stretch of the beach while we were there and we were thrilled to swim in the warm Sea of Cortez ocean every day.
Everyone at the resort seemed friendly, courteous and hard working, and we enjoyed 2 for 1 Negro Modelo (kind of an amber local beer) on tap during the Happy Hour, which seemed like it was going on all day. We mainly ate at recommended restaurants downtown but did have lunch by the pool a few times. The fish tacos were great.
I thought the rooms were huge and well appointed. Ours had a seperate master suite with King bed and huge master bath with a Jacuzzi tub and shower. There was another full bath in the main living area. That half of our suite included a full kitchen, dining and living area plus roomy balcony. We even had a washer and dryer to clean some clothes. We'll pack lighter next time. There is an onsite market and deli, which was very convenient but pricey. We were going to go over to the local WalMart to stock up but got so side tracked everyday loungin around and walking into town that we never made it and really found we didn;t need to.
I liked the fact that the resort was very luxurious, yet not pretentious. It was small enough that it was easy to get around, but had full services. They have a huge Spa on site that we didn't get to try but will on our next trip. All in all I would be back without hesitation. Great place and the weather was perfect all week to boot. Can't believe we have to leave today, back to the freezing weather at home!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Create magical memories the minute you walk into Villa del Arco Beach Resort & Spa in Cabo San Lucas, an idyllic and delightful retreat, where the staff is committed to ensuring you get the best of the 3 Rs: relaxation, recreation and romance. This sophisticated five-star, all-suite property, often referred by past guests as calming, beautiful and comfortable, offers secluded stretches of beach where you can shut out the world and relish in the surroundings. Our comfortable, yet luxurious suites feature unbeatable views of sand and sea, including the exotic El Arco rock formation, the official symbol of Los Cabos. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Villa del Arco Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Del Arco Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Hotel Del Arco
- Del Arco Hotel
- Villa Del Arco Cabo San Lucas
- Villa Del Arco Beach Resort & Spa Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos