“Spring Break 2014”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Diamond Bar, California
“Spring Break 2014”
Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

What a beautiful resort! We attended a presentation with Sherri Wenzel She was so cool. We can't wait to go back! Oh and yup! We took the plunge! We are now owners :). Our family is very excited. We actually stayed at villa del palmar which is Arco's little sister, but bought at Arco. She made us comfortable and made us laugh a lot. (And my husband hates sales people and she managed to sell us?? Wow!) I'd like to acknowledge their superb service! Special mention to Hector at the pool at palmar for the yummy libations and especially to the concierge at palmar that found my "lost" iPhone in the lobby toilet. I was in such a panic with the shuttle waiting to take me back to the airport and she figured out what must have happened when she asked me where I had been. I don't know of anyone else that would have done that for a guest. She called the shuttle. We came back and she gave me my wet phone. I was so relieved it wasn't lost. It was ruined but I left in peace. I wish I had her name. If any member of management reads this please figure out who she was and thank her. I plan to personally thank her when I come back in July :).

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (785)
Philadelphia
Reviewed April 6, 2014

I liked this place. I've been to a number of places in Mexico and this one is one of the better places. Mostly the service was good. My conceirage Rodrigo was great. Helped me pick out excursions and confirm reservations. I appreciated all his help. Part of his job is to get me to go to a time share presentation and I thought he did a good job of being persistent without being annoying. The waiters around the pool were very attentive. You have to get up early in the morning to snag a good spot though. We were out at the pool at 8:30 our first day and did not get a very good spot by the pool. When we got down around 7:30 we had our pick of prime real estate. We did the all inclusive and it is definitely worth it. We went off the resort for lunch one day and only ate dinner there one night but with all the drinks by the pool and breakfast every day we definitely got our moneys worth.

There is another resort up the road with a convenience store that has everything you need.

A few things I did not like.

1. The check in process was horrendous. The lady who checked me in was rude. I needed my paper confirmation which I've never heard of. I had to turn on my data plan on my phone and send an email to her at the front desk before they checked me in. Who knows how much that cost me. Easily the most frustrating experience I've ever encountered at a check in. At least let me get settled and I can go down and use the business center to send the email. This is a god awful process.

2. They have your fridge stocked with sodas and beer but it is not part of the all inclusive. You have to pay for that. Pretty bush league in my eyes considering I had a 2 Bedroom villa and paid about 800 per night.

3. The room we had was towards the front of the hotel so I heard the bell of the trolly, the ringing of the cab stand and the wheels of the taxis frequently. I did not sleep well but that had to do more with my location. Definitely do not allow them to stick you in the front of the resort.

4. There are birds all over you at breakfast, They do not have enough protection from the birds. When I say all over you I mean all over you, not one or two but dozens. They should have more wires up to deter the birds from literally landing on your table.

I would still go back because I appreciate the price, the location and the service.

Room Tip: Do not let them put you in the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Anthony C
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed April 5, 2014

on a recent trip to cabo we were approached about a timeshare presentation at villa del arco. reluctantly we accepted and attended the presentation. we were met by george fitzsimonn. george was very polite and charming and was not your typical pushy salesperson we have all met at these presentations. villa del arco is a fantastic resort that has all the amenities a person would want. after a great tour and breakfast with george we sat down to discuss possibly purchasing at villa del arco. george made it clear if we did not purchase there would be no hard feelings and we depart friends. we ultimately purchased as we fell in love with all of cabo and specifically villa del arco. we spent the rest of our vacation at villa del arco's pool and beach as the resort we were staying at had no chairs poolside or beachside if you didnt stake your claim by 7am. by the way the spa at villa del arco is fabulous, we had a great couples massage abd it was wonderful.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Parker, Colorado
Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

We returned to this beautiful resort with our kids to enjoy the beach and pools, after visiting for a couples getaway previously. The full kitchen allowed us to shop at the Walmart nearby and make our own meals and frozen drinks. The pool is beautiful and fun and you can swim on the beach or walk toward town, hitting some great beachside restaurants. The views and the staff are great. We would go back in a minute!

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank JulieGriffith303
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed April 4, 2014

I visited the hotel in October-November 2013 and fell in love with the location and amenities. One staff member who especially stood out was Ricky Leon - not only is he a great salesman but he is one of the most memorable people I've ever met. He's a larger-than-life character overflowing with infectiously positive energy and his commitment to service and helping me with any hotel-related queries I have had is first rate!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Maine M
Lincolnwood, Illinois
Reviewed April 2, 2014

We just came home from a spring break vacation from Cabo San Lucas and stayed at Villa del Arco and I couldn't wait to write this review. When we first arrived, we had to change our rooms 3 times. I had booked 2 rooms, that I thought would connect ( we were traveling with our children). One room with a king bed and a second room with 2 double beds. What we got was 1 room in one building and a second room in another building, which was not acceptable. The front desk staff worked hard to find us a solution. Which was an incredible room, that has 2 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, kitchen and over looking the ocean. Although we did have to pay more, it was worth it. Having such great accommodations made our trip.
Every time that we asked for extra towel's or pillows they came immediately ( even to unclog the toilet) I have never stayed anywhere where the response was so quick. I also have to specifically mention Nadia & Bernice. They worked very hard to help us with recommendations for activities and restaurants. After checking out on the last day, the transport to the airport did not show up. We were obviously stressed, however, Vicky Velarde immediately put us in a cab to the airport and had the hotel pay for it.
I have stayed in some of the nicest hotels in the world. Never have I encountered a hotel where all of the staff is so nice and will do anything to make your stay enjoyable.
There are 2 things that I would like to mention. First, the WI-FI. The wi-fi at this hotel is horrible. I am told that they contract it from an outside source. If you want it you have to pay for it, which is fine however, after you put in your credit card for every 24 hrs it connects and then disconnects and doesn't work. This was a huge problem for us. However, by the end of our trip they had the cable company come and install an antenna outside our door (again the hotel doing everything they could). We were told that the hotel is working to solve this problem. Second, Time Share sales reps. We were told upon check in that if we attended a short 90 min presentation we would receive gold cards. We could use these gold cards all over the resort for huge discounts on food, spa and activities. We had never attended one of these before and decided to do it. BIG MISTAKE! We had the most obnoxious rep. Her name was Leah. Please stay clear of her.
In conclusion. i would recommend this hotel to everyone! The hotel is very clean, the staff is the best and the location is perfect! Just check before you go and make sure that they have changed the Wi-Fi situations and don't go for the sales presentations for the time shares.

Room Tip: Facing the ocean. it is a beatiful view
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank BonnieKenney
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed April 1, 2014

This was our first time to Cabo San Lucas and we stayed at a 1-bedroom suite at Villa del Arco. It had a king size bed, a pull-down queen bed in the living room, a large balcony, a full-size kitchen, two full bathrooms and a hot tub. Very nice room - made our stay very comfortable. A complimentary bottle of water would have been nice but it was all Honor Bar at three-times market price. So slightly disappointed there. We liked Villa del Arco because it was a short walk to the city (about 15 minutes to all the action) and its restaurants, etc. You can also get to the city ("centro") for a very convenient $9 taxi at the hotel entrance. The facilities were nice - lovely pools, nicely heated, good (not great) restaurants and lovely sea-side views. The hotel has a semi-private walk-down beach that was also very nice. We also used a pool at the neighboring Villa del Palmar which had a nice water slide. We're glad we stayed at Villa del Arco because it's definitely quieter (no loud pool side music), newer and nicer than Villa del Palmar or Villa del Estancia.

We did the time share presentation - about 2 hrs and 45 min. The deal they offer is good but do your homework before you attend if you want a good signup discount. The last 45 min of the timeshare was tiring. Alex was pleasant and explained the benefits nicely without being overly pushy. I wish we had more time to consider their timeshare offer.

We were met by Berenice after we checked-in and she was absolutely wonderful to interact with - kind, helpful, understanding and not too pushy. We also met Rodrigo - wonderful young man, very friendly. So thanks to all of them.

Overall, I highly recommend Villa del Arco - just the right distance from the city, lovely facility, friendly staff, excellent beach-side location, nice rooms.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family