Just got back from our trip to Villa Del Arco this past Sunday. Overall very nice resort. Great service by the pool, very friendly and helpful staff. Overall very clean resort. Great view and very short distance into town where you can shop, take an excursion, etc.
Only negatives I have are.... When we arrived, it was evening time. We changed, showered and all we wanted to do was sit at the bar and enjoy a few cocktails... Only to find out that this resort does not have a sit down bar. So basically unless you want a drink after you leave the pool area (no swim up bars, just waitstaff that will bring it to your chair) you have to either get a drink with your dinner, or you can go two resorts down to their sister resort which has a sports bar, or you have to go into town. Very convenient to go to the sister resort as the trolley comes every 5 minutes but I do think it is odd for a resort not to have a sit down bar to relax at in the evening/night to enjoy a drink. We tried to call room service to order a bottle of wine only to be told they only bring them by the glass. So we were out of luck there too. We ended up just going to WalMart and buying several bottles of our own wine which was kind of silly since we had the all inclusive package. There is really not much to do there at nighttime except eat dinner and go back to your room.
The other negative, which maybe isnt a negative to most people but I found it rather annoying when I was trying to relax.... Is when you check in, the concierge tries to rope you into spending your first morning with a sales person (they offer you free wifi and restaurant discounts to do it but almost assume you want to do it and are a little pushy about it). We did not take them up on this but noticed each morning at breakfast the many new guests eating breakfast with these salespeople- both coming from our resort and other resorts (it includes a free breakfast but you have to have it w/ the sales people) and we day after day had to listen to this at the tables around us. I felt bad for the guests that got talked into this and also it was just plain annoying when youre on vacation.
Lastly- I do want to comment on the GREAT food here. I did get sick a couple of times (mildly) but this is to be expected in Mexico and I brought my immodium so i was good to go. The food is very good... Taco bar,lunch by the pool, the restaurants. It would be nice if they changed the menu up even if just twice a week. Again we had the all inclusive package so wanted most of our meals at the resort. And with 2 main restaurants and the grill, after a week you run out of things you want to order.
Anyways, I dont mean for this to sound all negative as like i said, it is very nice, clean, great staff, etc. Im not sure I would choose this resort if I went back however as I feel as though it was meant more for people with timeshares and did not cater as well to the all inclusive clients when compared to other all inclusive resorts Ive stayed at (ie people that mainly want to stay on the resort to eat, drink and enjoy since it is already paid for/included).
Oh, and I had a couples massage- best massage I have ever had.
Thank you Vila Del Arco for a very nice vacation!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Create magical memories the minute you walk into Villa del Arco Beach Resort & Spa in Cabo San Lucas, an idyllic and delightful retreat, where the staff is committed to ensuring you get the best of the 3 Rs: relaxation, recreation and romance. This sophisticated five-star, all-suite property, often referred by past guests as calming, beautiful and comfortable, offers secluded stretches of beach where you can shut out the world and relish in the surroundings. Our comfortable, yet luxurious suites feature unbeatable views of sand and sea, including the exotic El Arco rock formation, the official symbol of Los Cabos. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Villa del Arco Beach Resort & Spa Cabo San Lucas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Del Arco Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Hotel Del Arco
- Del Arco Hotel
- Villa Del Arco Cabo San Lucas
- Villa Del Arco Beach Resort & Spa Cabo San Lucas Los Cabos