“Our Cabo Wedding - 10 year anniversary vow renewal” 5 of 5 bubbles

Villa del Arco Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #9 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Atlanta, Georgia
“Our Cabo Wedding - 10 year anniversary vow renewal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

I wanted to write a full thorough review on our amazing beach wedding experience in Los Cabos, Mexico, because I could not find too many first hand reviews when I was researching for myself. I wanted a nice wedding but without spending a fortune. Everything we chose was reasonably priced and WELL WORTH the money. It seems like a lot as you start to plan, but the value is definitely there. My husband and I returned to Cabo for the 3rd time to celebrate our 10 yr anniversary with a wedding on the beach followed by reception. We were joined by 23 of our dear friends and family, and we stayed at the fabulous Villa Del Arco for a week. Everyone had an amazing time to say the least.

Hotel:
The location is top notch right by the Arch and the liveliness of Cabo. Villa Del Arco is one of the best facilities we've stayed at and has the most helpful and courteous group of staff we've ever encountered. Thank you for the great service with a smile, cleanliness of the grounds and facility, and overall wonderful experience. Also, the wedding group rates were incredibly reasonable.

Beach:
This hotel is on Medano Beach where we enjoyed the most beautiful ceremony and great swimming in the clean waters. The staff is meticulous about keeping the beach and grounds free of debris. Our cocktail hour was on the beach and the guests really enjoyed it! The appetizers and drinks were great, and the DJ was playing music while people enjoyed. There are a lot of walking vendors hanging out on the beach which can deter the view a bit, but they stay back if you tell them "no" and they definitely weren't around during our wedding festivities. It was nice to be able to purchase beautiful sarongs from them and get henna tattoos and bracelets, but I do wish there were fewer of them and they stayed off to the side a bit. All in all, gorgeous water and sands, great beach experience.

Pool:
There are lots of pools to choose from, and there are kiddie areas with lounge chairs on the ends and in the center so everyone can enjoy. The hot tubs were nice and big and did not feel overcrowded. We enjoyed swimming around the giant pirate ship restaurant sitting in the main pool. The hotel puts out lots of noodles and floats to enjoy. There's also a great "whale slide" next door at Palmar that we all enjoyed as well. Water aerobics was fun for all ages with great music from today's hits.

Desert Spa:
I had my hair and makeup done by the Villa Del Arco Desert Spa staff (desertspa@villagroup.com.mx), and it was FABULOUS! I contemplated using one of those companies that sets up in your hotel suite, but this was a bit lower in price and the spa is right there at the hotel. Not to mention they did a phenomenal job on me, my mom, and my sister's hair and makeup. All 3 were different, and we were very pleased. Mine took about 3 hours total, but it's well worth the wait. The Desert Spa is incredibly lush and "fancy" yet comfortable, and you definitely get your money's worth. A discount is applied through the wedding package. Thank you to the lovely ladies that fussed over us to make us beautiful, we will never forget the experience. My mom and sister enjoyed massages there as well, and they were very pleased. My husband and I however opted to go the more economical route for our massages, so we walked down the beach just a little to the public beach area and enjoyed hour long massages on the beach for $30! The place is called Eden's Spa, and it is a really great and affordable alternative if you really want to get a massage in during your stay. They are very quiet, so all you hear is the ocean, birds, and distant voices of the children and people playing on the beach.

Wedding Planner:
Lizbeth (weddingassistant@villagroup.com.mx) was assigned to us from our wedding package through the hotel, and she was wonderful!! Great communication, very helpful, prompt with information. She sent me lots of useful information including brochures and pictures. Her answers were to the point and easily understood. I was confident that the wedding would turn out perfectly even though I was planning from afar. She took my box of favors, guest book, name cards, etc. and handled everything exactly according to my instruction. She was easy to work with, and I am truly thankful for her help in coordinating this event. She set up the ceremony and reception exactly how I wanted, and she was a great 'go to' person if I needed to speak with or relay information to any of my vendors while I was there. The wedding dept ROCKS!! Thank you.

DJ:
Roberto Contreras (djincabo@gmail.com) was AMAZING!! I love music and my family and friends love to dance! So it was important to me to have the right DJ, and I chose the perfect one. He was VERY courteous, professional, and had everything to make a great party. He has lights, dance floors, sound equipment, music, everything. I brought him some Indian dance songs to include at the reception and he seamlessly included them into the program. He was right on cue for each segment of the wedding and reception, and he was a fun MC. He and his staff made our night so much more fun. He had a template for me to fill out, so he wouldn't miss a thing that I would require to make our night the best night ever.. and he even met me when we arrived to go over it one more time. The LED Dance Floor was a last minute add on, and it was AMAZING!! Totally worth it. I thank him for making all of our hearts sing and dance the night away.

Photographer:
Carlos Herrera (carlos@photoandlove.com) is a true photo genius! He was also very prompt and courteous, very professional. He came with one other staff member, and they captured the most amazing images! We have SO many beautiful poses and backdrops, and most of them are very candid and natural. I have never had such an amazing experience and such great results, and our family has taken a lot of photos in the last 10 years! It was a very windy day, but they worked through it and the pictures look amazing!! We will have these memories forever, and so will our guests. We thank Carlos and his staff for the beautiful discs, album, and images. We will never forget how beautiful everything was and what a great time we all had.

Flowers:
Rebeca Ruiz with A Yunik Event (yunikevent@yahoo.com) was the florist that did our table arrangements, flowers for the wedding canopy, bouquet, boutonniere, and cake flowers. She used the freshest, most colorful flowers to create elegant and festive pieces. I did not get to meet Rebeca, but we communicated via email and photos a lot. She had lots of ideas and options to choose from. I just told her what type of flowers and colors I was looking for, and she sent me options in all sizes and price ranges. It was all very easy and pain free. I showed up and everything was set up perfectly, and my bouquet was my absolutely favorite piece.. I couldn't have dreamed up anything more beautiful. Thank you for your beautiful flowers and exquisite designs. Everything felt so colorful and elegant.

Minister:
Diego Vidal (loscabosminister@gmail.com) was our minister for the vow renewal on the beach. He was easily the most likable person we met. He was kind, happy, and his words were so incredibly thoughtful and brought everyone to tears of joy. We only communicated via email before meeting face to face for the ceremony, but immediately I could see his gentle nature through his kind eyes as he set me and everyone else at ease upon first encounter. Multiple guests commented on how much they enjoyed the minister's ceremony, and he definitely made me feel better about what a blubbering mess I was becoming through the ceremony. You cannot go wrong with this minister for your wedding or vow renewal, you will adore him just as we all did.

Reception:
We chose El Faro which has an outdoor corner terrace overlooking the water. They can accommodate 30-60 people and it was perfect for us. It was the right size and the lighted canopies were very romantic as the night went on. The dance floor and DJ station fit in perfectly! The buffet selection was excellent, and the cake and desserts were delicious! I can't complain about the food or drinks at all, and the staff was great!

Transportation:
We used TransCabo (www.cabosanlucastours.net) for our airport transfer to and from the hotel. Once at the hotel, you can go into town for just $2 pp in the taxi vans, but airport transfers are known to be a rip off in Cabo. TransCabo staff were very professional, prompt, spoke great English, and had nice clean vehicles. They also had GREAT prices that you can't beat, so please save yourself the search and use them for your airport transfers! Cross that one headache off your list. For example, we easily took a private van for 9 of us from the airport to the hotel. But 2 people in that group left on different days, so I arranged their return on separate shared shuttles which was very cheap and caused absolutely no stress. The rest of us took a private van back to the airport. It was all cheaper than a dirty and perhaps sketchy taxi ride from the airport, and if you book your whole round trip before you leave for your trip.. you pay less due to no tax.

Water Sports:
There's a booth right on the beach by the hotel where you can have access to wave runners, kayaks, paddle boards, parasailing, and more! We booked a private catamaran through them for 3 hours for 25 of us for only $300 plus tip!! They will call around and negotiate for you. The boat had an iPod dock so we jammed to our music, brought on board our food and drinks, and had front row seats to gaze at the famous Arch and swim around Lover's Beach. There're two people on their crew to man the boat and help out. It was so much fun! We booked the Pirate Treasure Hunt snorkeling for a great price through the same company we did our transportation with, and everyone had a great time! 3.5 hours of sailing, snorkeling, open bar, and beach fun for the whole family. The food was not so great though, so if you don't like hot dogs and nachos, pack some food.

The only place that "the ball was dropped" in this entire event was in our romantic turn down service and gifts from the hotel. In our package, we were supposed to have our bed made up real nice the night of the wedding and some gifts laid out as souvenirs for our trip from the hotel. Somehow that did not happen, but as soon as I let Lizbeth know about it.. she contacted housekeeping to find out what happened and rectified the situation immediately. We got the beautiful bedroom setup a few days late, but we still got it and it was very nice. The souvenirs were cute too. We ended up enjoying it for a full day before going to bed that night instead of seeing it just for the little time before bedtime after returning from the reception, so it was really fine since they made it all better.

I HIGHLY recommend this place and these vendors for anyone considering a romantic, fabulous, fun filled destination wedding. You will not regret it.

Room Tip: Pay the extra money and get the ocean view -- TOTALLY worth it!!
5 Thank LSUsajani
VDA-GM, General Manager at Villa del Arco Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear LSUsajani,
Thank you very much for having choosing Villa Del Arco to celebrate this special day. We are very happy to hear that you, your friends and Family enjoyed your vacation.

We hope to see you soon!!!

Francisco J. Silva

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (725)
Marlboro, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

I am writing this review of a hotel in Cabo San Lucas that I recommend to everyone..My wife , sister & brother-law had our usual great time..The place is spotless, the grounds are incredibly clean, well taken care of...As a time share owner of one week in Mexico, I cannot say enough great things about Villa del Arco Hotel

The staff at VDA is about as nice, cordial, polite, as anywhere I have ever been....One gentleman in particular, Misael Chan, Guest Services Director should be singled out as a very nice man who makes sure that all guests are taken care of in a professional manner..Misael Chan is definitely an asset to this lovely hotel...I should also like mention, the Reservation Supervisor , Enrique goes out of his way to please guests.....All in All, a very good time was had by all of us while there....Enrique, is to be admired making guests happy..
Thank You, Howard Weiss, Marlboro, NJ

Room Tip: Face the pool or face the ocean
2 Thank loveyouawfull
VDA-GM, General Manager at Villa del Arco Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear loveyouawfull :
We would like to thank you for sharing your experience with others, we are very happy to learn that Misael and Enrique took good care of you during your stay. We congratulated them on your behalf. Your comments are highly appreciated.We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you once again on your future visit to Cabo.

Lake Forest, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

We had a wonderful stay at Villa del arco , smooth check in, nice appointed suites and service despite some staff do not speak english. We really enjoy spa and hotel pool. butlers are very friendly and helpful, they gave us good local Restaurants recomendations and some tips about Cabo activities.Restaurants are very good but You must try El Patron, really good food well poured drinks and nice wine selection at affrodable prices (ask for Ricardo the Sommelier). A final suggestion, avoid time share presentation and you will have a lovely time in Cabo!

1 Thank Suzanne C
VDA-GM, Manager at Villa del Arco Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear Suzanne C:
We would like to thank you for sharing your experience with others. Your comments are highly appreciated. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you once again on your future visit to Cabo.

Omaha, Nebraska, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

We just got back last night from Cabo and had to post a review about Villa Del Arco. Villa Del Arco was everything promised. This is not our first visit to Mexico. My wife's dad owned a house in Manzanillio, where we stayed many times. We also stayed at a Riu Palace in Cancun, so we have some experience in Mexico. Cabo and Villa Del Arco tops all the places we stayed and visited. The hotel should be considered 5 stars if it is not already. The 2 bedroom suite was beautiful, the weather was perfect, the ocean was beautiful, the food was fantastic, the service was as good as any resort that we have stayed at in Mexico and or the USA, and the drinks were strong! My advice to everyone reading this post --- get the "all inclusive" and take the stress off of getting a huge bill at the end of your trip. The only knock on the resort is their policy of closing out your drink and food bill every 30 min. This caused some confusion and conflict on the first day which was quickly explained and rectified by the management staff and never happened again. You all need to realize that this is a time share property that encourages you to take the 90 minute tour and lecture about the property and their program and if you have ever been on one of these they never end in the promised time even if you don't ask questions. Ours tour, with no questions, lasted exactly 2 hours and 7 minutes (yes I timed it). But the discounts that they promised by going on the tour was again exactly as promised with no "bait and switch" issues that you get from other time share offers. I can hardly wait to go back to Cabo and Villa Del Arco.

Room Tip: Regarding the rooms we had a 6 floor 2 bedroom suite with a partial view of the ocean. At first we...
2 Thank SteveandHarley
VDA-GM, Manager at Villa del Arco Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Dear SteveandHarley,
We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to welcome you soon on your next vacations.

Houston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

We enjoyed the hotel and especially the FOOD! The food in our hotel was great. We had one bad experience with the food at the VIlla Del Palmar(next door). The buffet was cold! Our resort had no night life...all of the night life was next door at the Del Palmar. They have a sports bar. I still would rather stay at the Arcos its nicer and newer. The pool area was awesome and the beach was beautiful! You must try a Miami VIce drink by the pool...it was yummy! Make sure and take a glass bottom boat ride to Lovers Beach..That was one of the highlights of my trip. The staff at our resort were very professional and helped us with whatever we needed. The Desert Spa was also awesome...The amenities are great!

Room Tip: We had a room with really no view except for other balconies...Make sure and ask for a room with a v...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank BATHouston
Hello Dear BATHouston,
We are glad to learn that you feel right at home at Villa Del Arco and very pleased to know that we meet your expectations and you enjoy our food and services. We look forward to welcoming you soon.

Francis J. Silva
Alta Loma, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

Villa del Arco did not disappoint!!!

The grounds are immaculate. All the pools are beautiful and nice. The a la carte restaurants (El Patron--Mexican) and (El Faro--Sushi and Seafood) have good food, and the views of Lands End from both are just awesome! The resort is located in a perfect location; no doubt about that!!!
The rooms are really pretty and spacious. Marble everywhere. Our balcony was massive. We had an ocean view from building 3, looking straight out into the ocean on the 6th floor (there are 7 floors altogether), so we absolutely loved our view. There are two doors and two balconies in our bedroom, which made it very breezy. A perfect room for us even though we didn't get the view of the lands end, the direct and expansive ocean view from the balcony actually worked out better for us! (Thank you Gabriela from the front desk for helping us. You are deeply appreciated, as we are so so happy with our room.)
The Desert Spa @ this resort is INCREDIBLE. The B-E-S-T I have ever had! Do yourself a favor and get an 80-minute deep tissue massage. A must!!! You will thank me! Promise.
Upon arrival, we had a large welcome gift-basket with drinks, candies and snacks inside, along with a bottle of wine and fresh garden flowers. We also got a very nice complimentary beach bag for keepsake that I really love. All this happened upon our arrival, and we couldn't help but to be so impressed with how great Villa del Arco is at making their guests feel special!

We did the all-inclusive route and loved it. The best all-inclusive food we've had thus far. (The other two places are @ Omni Cancun and Iberostar Suites Montego Bay, Jamaica.) The all-inclusive food @ Villa del Arco wins hands down!
Note: Do not waste your time eating over at the sister hotel Villa del Palmar (VdP), the foods and drinks over there are noticeably not as good. The service over VdP was pretty bad. The waiters and waitresses didn't seem like they care for us at all. I had to remind my waiter twice, if my 6-year-old son could have his glass of milk we ordered (while all of our food, drinks, my son's food) have already been out for over 10 minutes. And when I him for the milk, he seem annoyed at me. Was not at all apologetic. Unlike VdP, we were treated like special guests, ....some treated us like good friends at Villa del Arco. So again, if you are debating between the two, definitely make the better choice and stick with Arco. Pay a little more, and you'll get A LOT more!

The food on El Bucanero ship is pretty good. My favorite was the Blacken Sea Bass burger!!! Drinks wise, you will probably get the best drinks from the bucanero ship/restaurant, so look for the happy, smiley bartender with the dimples, he makes the BEST drinks!!! If I remember correctly, his name is Antonio.

The daily turndown service is also very nice. Every evening, they delivery some sort of sweets or fresh baked goodies into our room. Furthermore, if you leave the room for dinner, the maid will come by to make you bed once more. She will leave you small packages of the "spa goods" (hand cream, body lotion, body scrubs) from the Desert Spa products. They are GREAT by the way. Very quality.
On our 5th night there, we came back from dinner and saw a large chocolate chip cookie, with our son's name written on in in chocolate, along with a glass of milk...setting on the table for him. We thought that was the sweetest thing.
Again, I can't say enough good things about the staff here. Everyone is so professional, and they all seem to love and take pride in what they do. The waiters and waitresses at the restaurants remember our 6-year-old's name and always greet us with the warmest smile. Service is top notch!!! I'd never felt more welcome.
Ah, one last thing, we saw the timeshare people everywhere, and boy, they are pretty aggressive. We are glad we didn't choose that route. (We were asked upon arrival if we would be interested in viewing and learning more about how the villa group works, yah dee yah), and we said , "no thank you. we are definitely sure we are not interested), and they never bothered us with that again.
All in all, Villa del Arco is a GREAT resort, and it is popular and always booked for the right reason. I would not hesitate to recommend this place to loved ones at all. We had an amazing 6-night stay here, and we would not mind coming back here! Love love Villa del Arco. Thank you for an awesome experience! <3

Room Tip: If you want lands end view, try to ask for building 1. But if they don't have anything available...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank nucRanchoCucamonga
Dear nucRanchoCucamonga :

Appreciate your kind words. We are thrilled that you and your family had a wonderful visit at Villa Del Arco. Your comments are highly appreciated. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you once again on your future visit to Cabo.

Redwood City, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

Excellent service, staff very professional and always making sure your needs are met!!! Awesome location with a short 10-15 walk to the marina area from the beach. The resort is amazing and well kept - clean!! Everything was perfect and will be back for sure!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank 49er67
VDA-GM, General Manager at Villa del Arco Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear 49er67,
Appreciate your kind words. We are thrilled that you had a wonderful visit at Villa Del Arco. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you once again on your future visit to Cabo.