Just came back from Cabo. We had a good time but it will take a while before I go back there and it's in large part because of the location and not the resort. If don't mind if it will be colder, don't go to the beach much and love to go out (restaurant and bars), you will love Cabo.
In my opinion the weather and the beach is much better in Nuevo Vallarta and Cancun. There were 3 consecutive days that were very cloudy. One afternoon we couldn't really stay by the pool. We didn't mind too much because we were there for 2 weeks but 3 bad days when you only have a week will have an impact.
As for the beach, the sand is not great and you can't really play in the waves. You also can't bring a chair close to the water to watch the kids. The chairs must stay in the defined area (some federal law). They did delimit a swimming areas where the water taxis can't go which is a great improvement to the previous time we were there.
The resort in itself is very nice and clean. Staff is great and service is good. We had dinner at both El Praton and El Farro and we had a great time. We did try to restaurant at the Palmar and would recommend that you don't :). Bad service and food.
Fro breakfast if you are not in the all inclusive you can go to the Palmita market and get pastries (the cinnamon buns are great) and coffee. We'd get a bunch of pastries and lattes (that are also good) for about 10$.
You can do some groceries there but you will pay twice as much as you would at the Walmart (you get there with the city bus (10 pesos) and come back in a taxi (8$). There is also a liquor store with a great wine selection in the same shopping center.
The gym is well equipped and there are also 2 tennis court (recommend you make a reservation).
The biggest disappointment is the activities team. They don't do much other then loan the paddle boards and kayaks. There is a list of activities but the only time they did one is when we asked what they were doing. Too bad because the kids loved it. Note that there are many families with kids and they are welcomed.
A must if you go there is to take the water taxi to lovers beach and spend a few hours. Totally worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Create magical memories the minute you walk into Villa del Arco Beach Resort & Spa in Cabo San Lucas, an idyllic and delightful retreat, where the staff is committed to ensuring you get the best of the 3 Rs: relaxation, recreation and romance. This sophisticated five-star, all-suite property, often referred by past guests as calming, beautiful and comfortable, offers secluded stretches of beach where you can shut out the world and relish in the surroundings. Our comfortable, yet luxurious suites feature unbeatable views of sand and sea, including the exotic El Arco rock formation, the official symbol of Los Cabos. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Odigeo, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets and Jetsetter so you can book your Villa del Arco Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Del Arco Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Hotel Del Arco
- Del Arco Hotel
- Villa Del Arco Cabo San Lucas
- Villa Del Arco Beach Resort & Spa Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos