My wife and I stayed there for five nights, and got the upgraded one bedroom suite with some sort of hospitality program, which gave us a bottle of wine, daily spa products and desserts, and very nice welcome basket with snacks drinks and even beers. We loved every minute of our time there! the place is beautiful, and the people that work there went out of their way to help us in any way possible. Especially Jorge, who gave us amazing recommendations as far as places to eat and see, and made us feel like we were family, not customers...
We did participate in a time share presentation, which we didn't really enjoy (not sure anyone does) but which paid fr pretty much all our drinks there, and gave us discounts on many of our meals (and an Internet code). Basically, I see those presentations as trades - I give them 90 minutes, they give me whatever it is we agreed on. If you don't like that, you certainly don't have to participate!
The location is perfect, too - you can walk to town, if you are so inclined, or take a taxi (~$7). It seemed to us that Villa Del Arco was a little quieter that Via De Palmar, one of the other hotels on the property (there are three), but that makes sense since Villa De Palmar has the arcade, the large store and the slide in the pool. There is a shuttle between the locations, but they are VERY close.
I read people complaining about folks putting towels on chairs early in the morning, then leaving the property an coming back hours later. We did see some of that, but the folks there do enforce the one hour rule (though they usually give you more than an hour, as a courtesy), and we were always able to find spots in the sun. The longest we had to look was a few minutes, at most.
Overall, we had a wonderful time during our vacation, and a lot of it has to do with Villa Del Arco, and the people that work there!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Create magical memories the minute you walk into Villa del Arco Beach Resort & Spa in Cabo San Lucas, an idyllic and delightful retreat, where the staff is committed to ensuring you get the best of the 3 Rs: relaxation, recreation and romance. This sophisticated five-star, all-suite property, often referred by past guests as calming, beautiful and comfortable, offers secluded stretches of beach where you can shut out the world and relish in the surroundings. Our comfortable, yet luxurious suites feature unbeatable views of sand and sea, including the exotic El Arco rock formation, the official symbol of Los Cabos. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Vacatia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, BookIt.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Villa del Arco Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Del Arco Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Hotel Del Arco
- Del Arco Hotel
- Villa Del Arco Cabo San Lucas
- Villa Del Arco Beach Resort & Spa Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos