The entire food staff was replaced last year when a Ritz-trained operations manager took over the management of La Estancia and Villa Del Arco. He hired Gabriel, a young chef trained in Argentina, who established a strong reputation in Chicago and Teluride before bringing his family here. We have avoided the ocean side restaurant in recent years. It now ranks as one of our favorites in all of Cabo, right up there with Hacienda. Food service, preparation and flavor were simply outstanding. Two items stand out -- the three mole sauce dinner with superb and distinct flavors on beef tenderloin medallions and shrimp -- and the red snapper entree. The restaurant reminded us of finer dining experiences in Europe. Rather than the monstrous portions served in so many Cabo dining establishments, the portions were reasonable and the sauces and other dishes designed to create a melody of tastes. We paid $250 for a much less enjoyable experience at Ruth's Chris on Christmas night at the Puerto Paraiso Mall; the meal we enjoyed tonight was $49 after our Gold Card discount. That gets a five star value rating from me. If only we could spend that money in town and come away with a similar taste sensation.
It's clear hotel management is working to improve all aspects of service. We do own a time share for Christmas week here. We have been coming for ten years and the reports of bad experiences suggest to me either hard to please people or we've just been very lucky. Wait staff here is terrific, friendly and service oriented.
We purchased our time share here and can't wait to return each year; the food was the only thing that made this a generally four star experience for us. Today, it's a five star experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Create magical memories the minute you walk into Villa del Arco Beach Resort & Spa in Cabo San Lucas, an idyllic and delightful retreat, where the staff is committed to ensuring you get the best of the 3 Rs: relaxation, recreation and romance. This sophisticated five-star, all-suite property, often referred by past guests as calming, beautiful and comfortable, offers secluded stretches of beach where you can shut out the world and relish in the surroundings. Our comfortable, yet luxurious suites feature unbeatable views of sand and sea, including the exotic El Arco rock formation, the official symbol of Los Cabos. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Villa del Arco Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Del Arco Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Hotel Del Arco
- Del Arco Hotel
- Villa Del Arco Cabo San Lucas
- Villa Del Arco Beach Resort & Spa Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos