During our recent honeymoon stay at the Villa Del Arco, valuable diamond earrings were stolen from our room. Without a doubt, this resort is beautiful, if your want to risk losing your valuables though.
Oh sure...the so-called Chief of Security visited the room to investigate. However, we required a translator to assist, at this Hotel which caters to 95% English Speaking Americans.
As part of the investigation, it was determined from a review of the electronic lock that there were 3 separate incidents where different members of housekeeping entered our room, during our absence. Initially, we were assured that there would be "lie detector tests" administered on all 3 of the personnel. Later, we were informed that that would not be the case. Inside job maybe?
After nearly 30 days of exchanging communications that involved (1) The Director of Sales (2) The Regional Director of Operations and finally (3) The Rooms Division Manager, they informed us that they couldn't prove that their hotel employees were involved and that we needed to file a claim with our personal insurance carrier.
The worst part is that we are timeshare owners with the Villa Group and had expectations of a more reasonable outcome with some form of restitution.
Overall, be sure to place everything (except your suntan lotion) under lock and key. Be assured that the tiny safes provided in each room are incapable of securing all of your personal valuables otherwise. Don't waste your hard-earned money investing with this Company. You can do better by purchasing a vacation package through Expedia, Orbitz, etc.. Their new gimmick is to try to charge you 15K or more, to convert all current owners from a 30 year term ownership to a point program. No wonder the Resort owners are debt-free.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Create magical memories the minute you walk into Villa del Arco Beach Resort & Spa in Cabo San Lucas, an idyllic and delightful retreat, where the staff is committed to ensuring you get the best of the 3 Rs: relaxation, recreation and romance. This sophisticated five-star, all-suite property, often referred by past guests as calming, beautiful and comfortable, offers secluded stretches of beach where you can shut out the world and relish in the surroundings. Our comfortable, yet luxurious suites feature unbeatable views of sand and sea, including the exotic El Arco rock formation, the official symbol of Los Cabos. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Villa del Arco Beach Resort & Spa Cabo San Lucas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Del Arco Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Hotel Del Arco
- Del Arco Hotel
- Villa Del Arco Cabo San Lucas
- Villa Del Arco Beach Resort & Spa Cabo San Lucas Los Cabos