Villa del Arco Beach Resort & Spa Cabo San Lucas
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Club Cascadas de Baja(Cabo San Lucas)
Great 4.5/5
Pueblo Bonito Rose(Cabo San Lucas)
  • Pool
Pueblo Bonito Los Cabos(Cabo San Lucas)
  • Pool
ME Cabo by Melia(Cabo San Lucas)
  • Free Internet
Average 3/5
Positano Hotel(Cabo San Lucas)
Excellent 5/5
2,905 results
All reviewspirate shipamerican grillvilla grouptime shareneptune restauranttaco barone bedroom suitegold cardpaddle boardingmurphy bedwasher and dryerrecommend villafull kitchenall inclusive packageper devicebella californiatimeshare presentation
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 5, 2012

I didn't know what to expect of Cabo and Villa Del Arco because this was our first trip to both. We absolutely loved our stay. The resort is very nice and clean and the service was very good to great during our 7 night stay. We had a 1 bedroom suite for a family of four (that includes 2 daughters aged 22 and 13) and it was plenty big enough. The only negative was being kind of hounded three different times during our first 2 days on property about attending their "members orientation" of the grounds, which is their time share presentation. After that we never had to deal with it again. I don't think that they understand just how negative that is for guests that are saying no gracias to them, and they won't let it go! We took a boat ride out to lovers beach, swam with dolphins and went into town twice (greatly enjoyed all activities). The rest of the time we were at our resort or the adjoining property of Villa Del Palmar, for dinners, which is included. We also took advantage of the all-inclusive package and would most definitely do that every time. Most definitley worth it if you enjoy eating and drinking while on vacation. My 13 year old daughter drank her weight in mango smoothies and chocolate shakes, and the other 3 of us enjoyed our alcoholic drinks and food each day by the pool with no concern of cost as well! We tipped all of our servers very well, even though tips are included. They work hard for you and I know they appreciated that very much, good karma! We will most definitely be going back, and hopefully sooner than later.

Room Tip: We upgraded to a one bedroom suite from the standard room with 2 beds and are so glad that we did. It wasn't that much more, and I feel like what we received far exceeded the small extra cost per day to do so.
3  Thank stbarthsgrl
Reviewed January 5, 2012

We arrived at Del Arco several years ago and bought within 24 hours. At the time we felt like we may have made a very expensive decision too quickly. However, after 6 years and 9 trips we could not have been more wrong. As Cabo becomes more and more popular, we are confident that our investment was a good one. In fact, we are now looking at buying a home in Cabo.
My husband and I are both 38 years old and find the resort to accomadate the quiet and relaxation we seek all while being within walking distance of all of the craziness of the Mango Deck if we decide to overindulge.
I am a very particular person who demands a lot; given the cost of the resort and for the fact that I get one week of vacation a year. I would not recommend this resort if I didn't consistently experience good service, great/clean accomodations and a friendly staff.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Booboisie
Reviewed December 30, 2011

I visited villa del arco last May and I can't wait to go back! The resort was in a great location on the beach and walking distance or short cab ride away from anywhere else you may want to go. However, it would be very easy to spend your entire trip at the resort and its two neighboring sister resorts. We did the all inclusive package and it was a great deal! I have read other reviews that say that they received less than great service because they were in the all inclusive package. I don't feel this way at all. All the wait staff and service team were nothing but nice and very helpful. A tip to to the wise, just because you are in an all inclusive package doesn't mean that you still shouldn't tip here and there. Trust me a couple bucks can go a long way in the experience you will have the rest of the day sitting at the pool drinking. I plan to visit villa del arco on my next trip to Cabo.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank Nancy T
Reviewed December 29, 2011

After a lot of research, we rented at Villa Del Arco from a timeshare owner through vrbo. We are a family of two adults and two kids (ages 7 & 9) and I looked extensively at other places including Villa del Estancia, Casa Dorada, and Pueblo Bonito/Sunset Beach. In retrospect, I'm glad I made this choice.

Pros:
1) Resort was close to the action but not too close. Casa Dorada is right in the middle of the party scene and would have been too loud for us. Villa Del Arco is a 15 minute walk from the epicenter of the party scene, but there's still enough activities nearby to keep the family entertained. The ocean was fairly calm and we felt safe playing in the waves.

2) Our 1BR/2BA hotel room was awesome...one of the nicest we've stayed at and for a very reasonable price. It included a full kitchen (but no toaster:-( ) and a washer/dryer. We made breakfast in the room each morning and ate in the very large patio. The view was very good, but not great. The room was billed as an ocean view, but it was mostly a pretty view of the pool area with a view of the ocean and the Arches if you leaned over the balcony. Our room was on the 5th floor and each room is different, but I would guess that we had a fairly typical view at the resort.

3) Despite my concerns about the hard sell on timeshares, we didn't have any issue with this. Several people asked, but we consistently said no, and nobody pressed.

4) The staff was very warm and friendly.

Cons:
1) No free wifi. There was free wifi in the "hospitality area" but it didn't work well.
2) The hotel provided free paddleboard "lessons" but were overwhelmed. They had one instructor and he went out with people one at a time for 15 minutes each since there were only two paddleboards available. As a result, when 10 people showed up for the lesson one day, several people had to either wait a long time or couldn't go period. They should get more paddleboards.
3) Food service was just ok. It was slow in general, and we didn't eat around the hotel much. The "pizza restaurant" at Villa Del Palmar was not very good. At one point, we ordered "a steak taco and a shrimp taco" by the pool to tide the kids over. Imagine our suprise when we received 3 steak tacos and 3 shrimp tacos for $30. We told the waiter that's not what we ordered but they still charged us. Our obvious, but annoying lesson...ask the price of everything when you order. In summary, eat offsite. There are a lot of good restaurants in other areas.

In summary, I would recommend Villa Del Arco.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank silverpa
Reviewed December 29, 2011

Great family resort, quiet at night. All-inclusive includes taxes and gratuities. Very clean, well maintained excellent service, well staffed at restaurants, pools areas and beach. Cabana beds on beach no extra charge which is a great bonus - second visit to resort. This is not a party resort. Just say no to timeshare staff and you all not be bothered again. Recommend the all-inclusive to families with middle age kids.

1  Thank hockeymom604