All reviews barbecue area place to stay enjoyed our stay los cabos units condo laundry mexico marina
Reviewed September 4, 2015

We have been going to Cabo for over 30 years, and are used to staying in high end resorts. We decided to take a last minute trip to Cabo. My husband decided to take a chance and found this little place online. My first reaction was "HECK NO!!!!!". We arrived, and I was still skeptical. Then I met Bo (manager on premises) and saw our rooms. They were clean, and well equipped. Bo took us to town to get groceries, and was very helpful in arranging anything else we needed. This place is truly a secret! I hate reviewing it on trip advisor, because I'm worried it might be booked next time we want to go!!!! We will never stay anywhere else. The Place should be named "Cabo's Little Family"!!!!!!

Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tracey W
CelesteGlover, Owner at Cabo's Little Secret, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2015

We are so glad that you did decided to take the chance and try a vacation rental for this trip to Cabo San Lucas. You were exemplary guests! Even though you did book through a third party booking agency, I appreciate so much that you made the effort and contacted me ahead of your arrival. Because you established communication, I was able to send you precise arrival instructions and more advice and tips on how to travel the area. It also strengthens the personal connection between us and you, our guests who we want to have a wonderfully memorable trip. We are looking forward to your next trip for more exploration and fun!

Reviewed September 4, 2015

Mark knew we had to rent a car. He is the smarts of the group. Besos, was not a fan. What attracted us to Cabo's Little Secret was how different it would be compared to staying at a big hotel. It was away from the main scene. Since, we had a car day trips were on the agenda. Yeah!

When we arrived Uncle Bo was there to great us. He showed us our room and how things worked. I signed some paper work. We had stopped at the Mega in San Jose del Cabo; were stocked with groceries. We had always planned to take advantage of the kitchen. It's one of the main reasons we wanted to stay here. We were not disappointed.

I love to cook the kitchen is well stocked with lots of pans, plates, cups, knives etc.. We were able to make many quesadillas, eggs, breakfast potatoes, coffee, pancakes, shrimp mole, and beans. I know that is like bringing sand to the desert. However, they were so good, the bean is smaller and sweeter than the ones here.

We used the grill twice. Uncle Bo was a pro at teaching me. It was nice to sit outside and talk to our neighbors about their day, the smell of food cooking and the heat of the day falling apart was wonderful.

The rooms were great. The fans along with the air conditioning was always needed. Sleeping was never a problem. The bed was comfortable and pillows a plenty. The apartment was very clean.

But, back to Uncle Bo, he is a very useful connection. He has many friends in the area and will help you strike a deal or two. He knows the area and can give you lots of advice. He is the backbone of Cabo's Little Secret.

We both loved the sunsets on the "roof top deck" However, the giant gas tank to the side intruded in the magic...just a bit. Perhaps it could be covered and made less industrial. Uncle Bo is an artist.

It was very nice to be able to wash clothes. We took advantage of this twice. I think we could have packed half of what we took. I told Mark on our last full day we had to do laundry the next day so when we got home we would be putting away clean clothes. Who wants to do laundry when you get home form vacation.

Cabo's Little Secret is set into our minds as our go to in Cabo. It is not perfect, you provide your own shampoo, and Uncle Bo told us they only provided the first roll of toilet tissue. We bought our own dish soap, which was good as none was provided.

Celeste worked with OUR timetable. She was wonderful and generous. The word will soon be out on how great this place is. I would not be surprised if we visit in the next year or so with some friends.

We had the vacation we wanted. The only thing missing was some "good time Grannies drinking Margaritas to Margaritaville as our neighbors." Maybe next time.

Thank you Jaime and Mark.

Room tip: Do not buy on line. Talk to Celeste. Call.
Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank jaime g

Well thought out and beautifully written review. Thank you for your kind words. It was a great pleasure working with you from the beginning. I appreciate so much that you booked directly through me so I was able to give you the best deal possible. Thank you for being such a considerate guest. You brought smiles and laughter to our property that is so valuable. We truly do look forward to seeing you again on your next adventure down the Baja.

Reviewed August 5, 2015

Wow, what a great place! Our host Uncle Bo felt like part of our family (so did Paco). The room was great. The kids stayed in the pool 24/7 and loved it! It had everything that we needed for our 6 night stay in Cabo. If you are looking to stay in a nice quiet place just outside of all the hustle and bustle, this is your place! We are a very active family, so we enjoyed the walk down into the city every day. If you are not that active, then there are plenty of transportation options (taxis were about 100 pesos for the trip). Uncle Bo also helped advise us with boat tours, restaurants, shopping, beaches, etc. When we could get the kids out of the pool, we loved the boat tour that Uncle Bo recommended.

Date of stay: July 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Kinyou B
CelesteGlover, Owner at Cabo's Little Secret, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2015

And what a fun family you are! So full of love and laughter. Thank you for bringing it to our little corner of Paradise. Looking forward to seeing you again on future adventures.

Reviewed August 5, 2015

We stayed at Cabo's Little Secret for 4 nights in between a wedding at an all inclusive resort. You can't beat it for the price! My wife and I and one of our friends stayed comfortably, it had everything that we needed a grill, a kitchen, a pool and comfortable beds. Bo the host was great as well, he took us to get groceries and got us in and out of town for less than a cab. Overall, I would recommend this place and we will be back when my dad our Baja trip on motorcycles. Thanks for the hospitality!

Date of stay: June 2015
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Lee O

What an honor, to have a guest who moved from an all inclusive to stay with us leave such a nice review. Your group was an absolute pleasure to have as guests. As fellow motorcycle riders ourselves, we look forward to having you and your dad for a return visit on yours. The trip down the Baja on a motorcycle is a dream of many a rider. Happy adventures!

Reviewed July 25, 2015 via mobile

The name is suggestive of e experience. The room had everything I needed, and we were able to cook and store foods there. Uncle Bo was like one of the family; he is a really great story teller. It has been said not to stay outaide of the resort, but I never felt in danger in any way, shape, or form(knives, guns, fangs, stingers, evil). The pool was quaint and my youngest son had a ball. This seemed to be a place where the locals bring their families, and if you are in to practicing your Spanish, the locals in the store around the corner, or the juice stand, the people are friendly and receptive.
It honestly felt like staying with a local relative: A+. We were all sad to leave Uncle Bo behind, we felt like we were the only guest that had ever been there, even though there were other families vacationing there, as well.

Date of stay: July 2015
Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Michael R
CelesteGlover, Owner at Cabo's Little Secret, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2015

What a nice review Michael, thank you! You definitely caught the exact vibe that we are aiming for at Cabo's Little Secret. We want you to feel a part of the family ... our global family. Uncle Bo did report to me that your family was an absolute pleasure. You brought love and happiness with you which contributes so much to our overall environment. Thank you so very much. We look forward to seeing you all again on your next adventure down the Baja.