First, the good: The staff was friendly, 24-hour security that notified me when I parked my car with lights on at 1 am, cheap price, clean rooms. Kitchenette, onsite convenience store (think AM/PM mini-mart). Free continental breakfast, if that's important to you.
Now the bad: The hotel is situated a few miles from the main action in Cabo, as other reviewers have noted. You can rent a car (I did), but drivers down there are more aggressive. Be prepared to deal with it. As for walking to the beach, it's about 10-15 minutes to Playa Medano. However, when it's 90^F and humid, those 10 minutes feel like an eternity. Also, it smelled awful outside our room - I think the trash in the adjacent empty lot stinks up at night, and it is really gross. And inside the room, the traffic noise is loud if you open the windows. Best to keep them closed. Oh yeah, the swimming pool is small, and I counted a total of 2 garden chairs that were shaded during the afternoon. Not practical for sunbathing.
Overall, I'd recommend that you just splurge on a nicer hotel downtown if you can afford it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Guests at this cozy 72-suite property now enjoy a beautiful new lobby, remodeled event space, a new Jacuzzi area and an on-site restaurant, Las Quintas.Located less than a mile from the Sea of Cortes and close to the many attractions of Los Cabos, guests at the Quinta del Sol have access to a long list of activities on land and sea. There’s world-class golf, deep-sea fishing, scuba diving, horseback riding, shopping in downtown Cabo San Lucas and sunset boat rides. In every sense, the Quinta del Sol is close to everything.Hotel amenities include a multilingual staff, 24-hour front desk, currency exchange, baggage hold, laundry facilities, dry cleaning, on-site car rental, business services, ice machines, airport shuttles (fee applies), free parking, adult and family pools, outdoor Jacuzzi, and interior corridors. Guests also have access to facilities at nearby sister resorts, including the Solmar Resort Beach Club.Las Quintas Restaurant and Bar is a new addition to Quinta del Sol. The well-appointed restaurant features an indoor air-conditioned area overlooking the pool and an outdoor terrace for those who want to enjoy the splendid weather of Los Cabos. The menu features American and Mexican favorites. When staying four or more nights, theme nights may be enjoyed at the Solmar Resort.Spacious junior suites feature satellite television, free Wi-Fi Internet access, and two double beds. For added convenience, there are work desks, hair-dryers, laptop size electronic in-room safe deposit boxes, blackout drapes/curtains, iron and ironing board, air conditioning and wake-up and daily turndown service. Kitchenettes include a refrigerator, coffee-maker, cook top, sink and dining space. In-room child care is available. This property is handicapped accessible.The All Inclusive plan includes breakfast, lunch and dinner at Las Quintas Restaurant. Unlimited domestic beverages, parking and WiFi, complimentary in room minibar beverages the day of arrival, laundry service, discounts at recommended restaurants and spa treatments at our sister hotels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Priceline, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Quinta Del Sol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Cabo San Lucas
- Cabo San Lucas Best Western
- Hotel Quinta Del Sol Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos