“Perfect score!”

Hotel Quinta Del Sol
Ranked #37 of 70 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Reviewed July 27, 2014

Staff: helpful and friendly. Room: clean and comfortable. Continental
breakfast: one of the best. Location: ideal but not perfect, walking distance.
It's a beautiful hotel that made our stay in Cabos even more pleasant. Highly recommended! We can't wait to go back again.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank appmath
Juan Carlos M, General Manager at Hotel Quinta Del Sol, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2014

Dear Appmath:

I really enjoyed reading your review. It was a short one, but it reflects exactly what we want to give to our guests. I appreciate the time yo took to write this review, and I hope to see you again in this beautiful city.

The Managament.

There are newer reviews for Hotel Quinta Del Sol

Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

We were in Cabo San Lucas, for 5 days, and this small hotel was perfect For those on limited budget or not worried the 10-15 minutes walk to the marina or the beach.
Free American style breakfast buffet and Mexican dishes for dinner, the service at the restaurant and room service is awesome..

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank EricH3

Dear EricH3:

It makes me happy to read comments like yours. It means that our work is being noticed, and that makes us want to do more. I will share your nice review with my staff, it will be a great motivation for them to keep doing a good job.

Reviewed July 6, 2014

The Quinta Del Sol is a reasonably priced hotel 10 - 15 minutes walk away from the centre. The hotel is relatively cheap but this is due I would imagine to it's location and it's Motel style layout. All the rooms overlook a large central carpark and there is a small pool with a few loungers. If you plan to spend a lot of time by the pool this is probably not the hotel for you. It looked badly maintained (one of the underwater lights was hanging out when we were there) and the is music playing around the poool constantly. It was impossible to get a lounger as one large family could (and did) easily occupy all of them.

The breakfast was ok and the room and service fine. Probably worth paying a little more and finding a hotel nearer the centre unless you are looking for a cheap convenient Motel as you pass through Cabo San Lucas.

Room Tip: All of the rooms overlook the car park. If you have a room upstairs you will have to carry all your...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank RS81_12

Dear RS81_12:

Thank you for sharing your point of view. I apologize for the inconveniences you had during your stay. It's not usual that we have a crowded pool, unfortunately, you had one of these rare situations. I hope next time you come, you can have a quieter stay.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

I stayed in Hotel Quinta Del Sol for one night before a 11 day dive trip on the Solmar V. The staff was professional and average with friendliness. I was surprised that when I arrived with my luggage I had to struggle up a few stairs with no one to help me. When you see the hotel it doesn't have any "wow factor", but it is rather cheap, comfortable and the location isn't bad. In about 10 minutes I could walk to all the shops and restaurants.

The room itself was a pretty good size and the bed was comfortable. There was a decent size table I was able to use to layout my computer and other gear. The bathroom was clean and comfortable as well. I had no real issues with the room for this price.

The pool was small but not crowded and it will do the job of cooling you off on a hot day. By stay included breakfast, which I really enjoyed. The buffet had a decent selection of Mexican style food and it was prepared well.

If I was on a honeymoon or some other romantic trip I'd consider a different option. But for a quick simple stay, this place will do just fine. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here in the future.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Newyorker2LA

Dear Newyorker2LA:

I appreciate your review. I think it´s a fair and accurate one and it will help others to make a decisión when they look for a good place for a stay in Cabo. All our staff is looking forward to see you again and to serve you as you deserve.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

This hotel was pretty good but nothing really stood out to me here. I will say that the staff was excellent but as far as the hotel itself, again, nothing too spectacular. The only real issue I had with my room was that the bathroom was very small. The shower was a little too high and I had to really step up to get into it. The toilet and the shower were way too close for my liking and my shower only had half a sliding glass so it was either the floor or the toilet that would get wet. The security in and out of the hotel was pretty impressive, they made sure it stayed that way.

I did like the location, we were pretty much close to the clubs and eateries which made it easy to walk back to the hotel if we wanted to. The price was ok but a bit much for what they were offering. I would recommend this place if you were looking for simple accommodations. The staff was definitely the highlight.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Arnoldo S

Dear ArnSoto:

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate the time you took to help us with your point of view. I'm glad to see that most of your stay was satisfactory. Our staff wants to thak you for your nice recommendation.

Reviewed May 14, 2014

We had a great time at Quinta Del Sol and the price was right. The suite rooms were very nice and roomy and there were 2 queen size beds and there were very comfortable. There's a dining table plus a kitchenette (but no pots or pans to cook with), coffee maker, microwave and a fridge. The bathroom was so so but had a nice size tub/shower. You had free wifi anywhere on the property plus several cable channels to choose from. Also with your stay you got a free breakfast buffet which wasn't too bad either. The maid service was awesome and the front desk staff was very helpful too. There's a pool area but you get a lot of families and the kids running around the pool area so it's hard to relax and the parents or management don't say nothing. That was one of the negatives but I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Get the rooms away from the main road that goes to La Paz.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Utah_traveler99
Juan Carlos M, General Manager at Hotel Quinta Del Sol, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2014

Dear Utah_traveler99:

Thank you for the nice review. I'm happy to learn that you had a good time in our hotel. We already took note about the suggestions you made, and I'm sure that you will see changes in your next visit.

Best Regards.

Reviewed May 11, 2014

We were very happy with our choice to stay at Quinta del Sol. It is not a 5 star resort and therefore we are not rating it as such. The property is very clean as are the rooms. The staff was excellent, everyone we met went the extra mile for us. The rooms were large and comfy with mini kitchenettes. Beds were very comfortable. The shower was hands down the best of anywhere I've stayed...great water pressure. In room safes and good wi-fi. They do have a staffed entry gate. There is a breakfast buffet. It too is not 5 star, but you can find scrambled eggs, fruit and other options. There is a washer and dryer available to use. The property is fairly close to most everything. The beach is a lazy 10 minute walk to a really good area. Downtown is a 10minute power walk. I timed them both so it's fairly accurate. Also I had read some reviews about room noise. We experienced zero road or work noise....only the occasional rude patron making noise outside the room at early or late hours, which happens everywhere.

Of the minor turn offs for us were of course the time share push. In the case of Q del Sol..it wasn't too pushy. They will want you to check out the Grand Solmar while in town....a time share presentation. We politely declined, but were approached by multiple people over our 12 days. It was an irritant, but we are used to it from most everywhere in Cabo.

The gym wasn't much. The equipment was not functional as the power cords were either cut or missing. A few dumbells rounded out the "gym"

The pool was clean although small. For us it didn't work due to the fact that adults without children will have a difficult time relaxing. It is a small pool area that was for most days was occupied with children. If you don't mind the screaming and splashing that goes along with kids at the pool, you'll be fine. If you want to chill with you're iPad or book and stay dry, probably not going to work.
Having an adults only area was not expected and may not be an issue for most.

Overall a really good stay. We are happy with the choice and would do it again. Great people, centrally located, comfy rooms in every way, at a great price. Thank you.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Hitdbeach:

I really appreciate your review, and the time you took to write all these nice things about us. I'm happy to see that our guests leave with a feeling of satisfaction, since that is the meaning of our work. We hope to see you again here in Cabo.