After weeks of pouring through reviews here on tripadvisor, we finally decided to go to the Sheraton (Jan 1-9) -- mostly because of our Starwood points and its location. I was a little disapointed, but I think I might have set my sights too high. Anyway, the good: very friendly staff, jacuzzi tub, nice grounds, great architecture, 2 for 1 happy hour by the pool, the pools themselves, the beach, very comfortable bed. The bad: room was a little dirty the first day, not a great view despite paying for a deluxe oceanview, breakfast was way too expensive (though good), and it was a little more family-oriented when we were looking for romantic. Its not a bad hotel at all, but not really what we were looking for, I suppose.
Some general tips -
If you can, you should definitely rent a car - it was wellll worth it, esp since the hotel is in the Corridor, not downtown;
If you can deal with sitting through an hour's worth of timeshare presentation, I think its worth it - we got $100 off dinner at Pitahayas and discounts on all the water sports and activities in town, which we took much advantage of!
La Casa Del Dorado is an AMAZING Mexican restaurant in town. Great service, and unbelievable food. Go for breakfast or dinner - you won't regret it.
If you want to do a sunset cruise or snorkeling, I recommend Encore (service in town) -- the crew is sooooo nice, they give you a great tour, and the food and beverage service (free drinks and meals) is really great. If you go, tell Elvis Catia says hi!
Finally, if you want good whale watching, go with Cabo Expeditions on a zodiac boat - they get you right up to the action and are very knowledgeable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With its cobblestone lanes, winding paths, quaint Placitas, fountains, restaurants, and shops, Sheraton Grand Los Cabos Hacienda del Mar captures the feel of Old Mexico. Our hotel in Los Cabos, Mexico features a full complement of guest services to satisfy the refined needs of both the meeting and leisure travelers. We present perfect accommodations in a spectacular setting on the oceanfront near Lovers Beach and the Arch of Cabo San Lucas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Sheraton Grand Los Cabos Hacienda del Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Hacienda Del Mar Resort And Spa
- Sheraton Hacienda Del Mar Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Sheraton Cabo San Lucas
- Cabo San Lucas Sheraton
- Sheraton Grand Los Cabos Hacienda Del Mar Cabo San Lucas