We stayed here from July 18-23. Our deluxe room was pretty large. Vaulted ceiling (3rd floor) with a patio to sit and enjoy the view. The bed was very, very comfortable. More than enough down feathered pillows for your comort as well as a down comforter! Bathroom had two sinks and a fairly large shower to fit two people. Didn't use the jacuzzi afterall; spent most of the time poolside or in the outdoor jacuzzi enjoying the ocean view!!! TV had a few HBO channels. The maids were efficient and friendly. We were in villa 25. I suppose the villas closest to the lobby and pool would be slightly noisier?
Three large pools. Center pool with the infinity edge facing the ocean tended to be the most crowded. Each pool had a somewhat private and shallower end for the kids. Cool thing is the pools are open 24hrs!!!! Night swimming was just as great! The ocean not only sounded harsh but was nonswimmable most of the time with red flags on the beach for warning guests.
Restaurants were very, very expensive. Didn't think much of Pitahayas (international) and Girasoles (mexican). Very much enjoyed the food at De Cortez (grill/American). Great food and excellent service with gorgeous outdoor views of the ocean! Poolside food from Las Sirenas was great!!! Try the Nachos and a cheeseburger. Great snack!! The happy hour/special (2 for 1)drinks were okay. We didn't feel there was much alcohol in them. The waiters at the pool are great.
Be aware of timeshare sales. We attended a 90 min meeting for a $100 gift certificate in return. It was worth the certificate for the pricey restaurants.
Be careful as you clear customs at the airport. Tons and tons of pushy timeshare people. They'll say anything to get you to follow them for timeshare sales. They'll even tell you that they are your transportation that you booked!
Transportation into Cabo San Lucas was $20 roundtrip/2 people via the hotel shuttle which started from 9am from the hotel and 930pm back to the hotel. By taxi you are looking at $20 one way. Check out Cabo Wabo. Lively. We hired a local to take us on his boat to check out El Arco and Lover's Beach.
All in all, we'd go back to Cabo as it's an easy and inexpensive trip from Southern California. The flight is 2 1/2 hours. Perhaps we would consider an all-inclusive resort next time. If not, we would definitely stay at the Sheraton again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With its cobblestone lanes, winding paths, quaint Placitas, fountains, restaurants, and shops, Sheraton Grand Los Cabos Hacienda del Mar captures the feel of Old Mexico. Our hotel in Los Cabos, Mexico features a full complement of guest services to satisfy the refined needs of both the meeting and leisure travelers. We present perfect accommodations in a spectacular setting on the oceanfront near Lovers Beach and the Arch of Cabo San Lucas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, getaroom.com, HotelsforEveryone, Priceline, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sheraton Grand Los Cabos Hacienda del Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Hacienda Del Mar Resort And Spa
- Sheraton Hacienda Del Mar Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Sheraton Cabo San Lucas
- Cabo San Lucas Sheraton
- Sheraton Grand Los Cabos Hacienda Del Mar Cabo San Lucas