First of all, yes, this hotel is expensive to stay at. This was our second stay at this hotel, and after reading the reviews on this site I decided to keep mental notes about the place to pass on. First, the staff here was almost unanimously very friendly and helpful. Pool service was quick and the waiters were nice. Rooms are kept spotlessly clean, as are the grounds of the hotel. As for the hotel and the grounds, they are beautiful. Everywhere you look you find something architecturally or botanically appealing. The pools are great, MOST of the restaurants are good, and downtown Cabo is 10 minutes away. Things to consider: You are asked on your arrival to attend a "welcome" session. Here they tell you about area activities, hotel highlights, and transportation options. Beware, this all leads up to a time share pitch. If you tell them right off the bat, in no uncertain terms, that you aren't interested, they usually leave you alone. Unless you truly are interested in buying a timeshare here (or anywhere), avoid this trap. It isn't worth the free breakfast or cheap fishing. Taxi to Cabo is $20.00 one way. We thought we were smart and rented a car on our arrival, but after paying full coverage for insurance, and the weekly rental price we figured it probably would have been cheaper to use the taxis. Food at Tomatoes restaurant is good. Breakfast buffet is $25.00 Do yourself a favor and order from the menu, it's cheaper. Snack bar at pool has good food. The Pitahayas restaurant is touted as the best in Cabo. Two words: Overrated and Overpriced. One hundred thirty dollars for a California wine you might pay $40.00 for in U.S. Food is marginal. Believe me here, avoid this restaurant. Mixed drinks at pool are 7-8 dollars, beers $5.00. Look, Cabo is expensive, and when it's all said and done, Mexico is still Mexico and you might get iffy service or an occasional bad meal, or have your room cleaned late. If you've got the money to burn, can relax and enjoy the fun times Cabo has to offer, then the Sheraton is a great place to stay. We will definately return. If you want Disneyworld, go there, and avoid Mexico.
It's a whole different feel down there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With its cobblestone lanes, winding paths, quaint Placitas, fountains, restaurants, and shops, Sheraton Grand Los Cabos Hacienda del Mar captures the feel of Old Mexico. Our hotel in Los Cabos, Mexico features a full complement of guest services to satisfy the refined needs of both the meeting and leisure travelers. We present perfect accommodations in a spectacular setting on the oceanfront near Lovers Beach and the Arch of Cabo San Lucas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sheraton Grand Los Cabos Hacienda del Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Hacienda Del Mar Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Sheraton Hacienda Del Mar Resort And Spa
- Sheraton Cabo San Lucas
- Cabo San Lucas Sheraton
- Sheraton Grand Los Cabos Hacienda Del Mar Cabo San Lucas