“Great resort, great week” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sheraton Grand Los Cabos Hacienda del Mar

Sheraton Grand Los Cabos Hacienda del Mar
Ranked #29 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great resort, great week”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

The Sheraton Hacienda is a great resort! We stayed for 7 nights in early June. The staff were very nice, and all three concierges were amazing. They helped us plan all of our activities (dune buggies and snorkeling in Cabo Pulmo recommended) and line up a series of outstanding dinners (Flora Farms and Casiano's). The food on site is good, but the prices are very high. Much higher then surrounding area. The shining star is Girasoles de la Hacienda. There all you can eat breakfast is reasonably priced ($15) and includes unlimited ordering from the menu - food is excellent. Pitihayas was also good.

We found the beach very swimmable, and the large waves made it fun. Little kids would have problems.

The grounds and location are perfect. Would recommend!

Room Tip: Building 23 and 24 are great
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Sheraton H, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Grand Los Cabos Hacienda del Mar, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience here at the Sheraton Hacienda del Mar Golf & Spa Resort, Los Cabos on TripAdvisor. We are glad that you enjoyed our sparkling Sea of Cortez. As with most wavy beaches, it is not recommended for young children or non-swimmers and its variable conditions are monitored and reported as well as marked by posted colored flags.

Regarding your comment about the price for the food, I would like to mention that prices are generally the same in Los Cabos area for being a prestige destination.

Thank you for recommending the Sheraton in Los Cabos. We hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (404)
  • Greek first
Wilmette, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

My wife and I celebrated our anniversary here earlier this month. We had a great time. The hotel is located next to the white-sand beach, where we can watch the sunrise every morning. One can choose from several pools - my personal favorite is the infinity pool near the main building. The room is well-appointed, spacious, and comfortable. Members of the hotel staff we met were very courteous and helpful. In fact, I had a minor medical issue during our stay. One member of the concierge staff (Angelina) scheduled me to see an English-speaking doctor immediately and put me at ease. I couldn't speak enough good things about the hotel staff - they are absolutely fantastic! There are several restaurants on site. The food is uniformly good, but quite expensive (see next paragraph). The hotel is about 6 miles from Cabo San Lucas, where one can explore other dining options, as well as shopping and outdoor activities.

We chose the all-inclusive option during this stay, which includes room, Internet, all meals (with some minor restrictions) and drinks (including at pool-side), taxes, and gratuities. Compared with just the room and Internet, this is equivalent to about $85 per person per day for meals. This is not a bad deal, especially if you like a few drinks and you don't want to drive around looking for restaurants.

Highly recommended!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Sheraton H, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Grand Los Cabos Hacienda del Mar, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
It is wonderful to hear that we were able to help make your anniversary stay a pleasurable and memorable one. Thank you for choosing the Sheraton Hacienda del Mar to celebrate this special time and for sharing your thoughts and tips with other travelers about our resort, the all-inclusive option, and ways to experience Cabo.

We are fortunate to have a slice of paradise here at the resort and are happy to hear that you enjoyed our white-sand beaches, complete with beautiful sunrises!

Along with our amenities, we are proud to provide world-class service with heart, and it is very important to us that our guests enjoy themselves and feel well taken care of, especially important in the event of a medical or other need that comes up.

We hope that you will come see us again and look forward to your visit!
Tucson
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

If you are looking for a wedding location or a vows renewal location, this is it. Jose Pineda is their wedding planner and he is fantastic. We just did a small vows renewal ceremony and it was wonderful.

Set up everything from the states with no problem all via email. We had a beach side ceremony with a Hoopla (like a little white tent thing, sticks with white cloth draped over it) onsite professional photos were great, onsite preacher was great, everything was perfect.

Even though it was only us and our best friend couple the all treated us as if we were special. I think they gave us the same treatment as if we had been a big wedding with 100 people.

I cannot say enough about how easy and how perfect this whole thing was.

The resort itself is great, lots of dining choices, beautiful beachfront location, great golf course, and multiple pools. The staff of the entire resort had the best attitude of any resort we have ever been to (and we've been to hundreds of them). Every single staff member did their absolute best to make sure our experience was perfect.

We love this place and will go back every year!

Arizona Zonies love Cabo
Hacienda Del Mar is the Best!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TucsonFishing
Thank you for sharing about your positive stay here on TripAdvisor. We are so happy that you chose the Sheraton Hacienda del Mar Golf & Spa Resort, Los Cabos to renew your vows. That is such a meaningful experience and it was our pleasure having you here. We look forward to seeing you next year!
North Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

I've just returned from my trip last week, and I have to say that I was very impressed with this hotel, which made the stay very enjoyable, and much harder to leave! I've traveled to many locations and stayed at many hotels over the past twenty years, and the food and service that I received here put this hotel among the best in my opinion. From the moment we arrived, the staff were very friendly and helpful. They were able to answer any questions that we had, and ensured that we were always well taken care of. Equally impressive was the food that we had at the resort. It was reasonably priced and the quality was amazing! We both enjoyed our meals very much, and this only improved the experience we had this past week. Although I've mainly highlighted the food and service, that isn't to say that the other aspects of the hotel were not very good as well! We found the rooms to be very comfortable and clean, and not once did we have any late nights due to noisy neighbors. We didn't get a chance to try the spa for ourselves, but we talked to several different couples who said that it was a very relaxing and luxurious experience. I don't often leave reviews for hotels, but I felt obliged to leave one in this case, due to the unbelievable stay I had at this Sheraton. I highly recommend it to anyone who is going to be staying in the area!

1 Thank Cory S
Thank you for taking the time to share your stay experience here on TripAdvisor. We are happy that you enjoyed your time with us at the Sheraton Hacienda del Mar Golf & Spa Resort, Los Cabos. We strive to provide world-class service with heart, along with amenities and dining befitting our AAA Four Diamond resort rating and so it is gratifying to hear your thoughts about the service you received as well as how you found our restaurants and pricing.

It would be a pleasure to host you again on your next visit to Cabo -- and perhaps then you will have an opportunity to experience our spa for yourself. At any rate, we look forward to serving you!
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

Earlier this month My Wife, Sister In Law, and a friend visited the Sheraton Hacienda in Cabo San Lucas and it was an awesome experience. From the time we got there we were treated very well. I was impressed by how very helpful ALL the staff was. Amalia at Guest Relations was awesome in helping us book our Zipline, Snorkeling, & Dinner Cruise. I was a bit concerned because I had read some negative reviews about this place but we DID NOT experience any negativity. The restaurants were Excellent! We loved the breakfast at Girasoles. The hotel grounds were well maintained. The weather was perfect and the hotel was very relaxing away from all the tourist areas. Overall, our stay was great and we can't wait to go back! Thank you Sheraton Hacienda Del Mar! From F. Andrade

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank FelipeAndrade
Sheraton H, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Grand Los Cabos Hacienda del Mar, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Thank you so very much for your most kind comments about your stay here at the Sheraton Hacienda del Mar. It is our goal to provide world-class service with heart here in our relaxing corner of Cabo paradise and it is gratifying to hear that you enjoyed yourselves and chose to share your comments with other travelers here.

Our Guest Relations staff loves being asked to suggest excursions and can easily arrange for experiences such as zip lining, snorkeling, & dinner cruises, which are offered year round.

We look forward to the opportunity to host you again when you return to Cabo.
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

Sheraton Hacienda del Mar Golf and Spa Resort - We are having an absolutely fantastic time during our stay here the week of May 27th through May 31st. We are in the middle of our stay, celebrating the wedding anniversary of a lifetime and wanted to take a few moments this morning before we head down to breakfast to share how spectacular this resort is and how amazing their staff is as well…so much so that we are looking to come back in the very near future!

We have a spectacular ocean front room (what a majestic view), where every morning we sit on the private balcony drinking our coffee as we watch the sun rise over the Sea of Cortez. Anyone considering upgrading to an ocean front room – take my advice as it is definitely worth it at this resort as you cannot beat the view.

I just want to share with anyone that is contemplating staying at a resort in or around Cabo San Lucas, trust me when I say the Sheraton Hacienda del Mar Golf and Spa Resort is the place to book your next dream vacation as you will not be disappointed. Excellent customer service was provided from all the employees we encountered during our stay. The rooms and grounds were beyond beautiful and the stretch of sandy beach in front of the hotel was absolutely amazing. Even though the hotel was near capacity, you did not feel crowded by other guests as there were so many amenities offered that we felt like we were the only ones staying at this fabulous resort.

We were absolutely amazed when upon check-in, Renato – the General Manager personally greeted us and congratulated us on our special anniversary trip. Renato is the epitome of what a general manager should be at five start resort such as the Sheraton Hacienda del Mar. He is definitely an asset to the Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide Inc.

We also met Angelina who is the front-end manager who shared with us all the amenities offered to us as guests while we are staying at the resort. She personally showed us to our room and made us feel extremely welcomed and special.

Every morning we had our breakfast at Tomatoes Restaurant. Guests can either order off the menu or dine at the breakfast buffet, which we chose to do each morning. What an amazing selection of hot and cold foods to choose from – the offerings were abundant and delicious!
We had our anniversary dinner at De Cortez Grill and Restaurant. Renato was greeting all guests as we entered the restaurant. Personal touches like this are what make this a five star resort. We enjoyed our delicious meal and was appreciative of our server Guillermo who was very attentive to us all evening as we dined looking at over the Sea of Cortez….breathtaking! As the sun started to set, I was getting a bit chilled, but the Customer Relations Manager, Jesus, ensured that all guests received a warm shawl around their shoulders – even my husband! What an unexpected touch of excellent customer service.

I would also recommend scheduling services at the Cactus Spa here at the Sheraton Hacienda del Mar. My husband and I both had a Swedish massage during our stay with Carmen and Ana. Staff was highly professional and very well trained. We also enjoyed using the facilities within the spa – such as the vapor and sauna rooms. Amazing – I am now wanting to schedule a facial before we go home!!

In closing, I would just like to add that we have definitely experienced the best of Sheraton at this resort! We are already looking at dates to schedule a return visit as we had such a fantastic time at the Sheraton Hacienda del Mar Golf and Spa Resort!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Sheraton H, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Grand Los Cabos Hacienda del Mar, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thank you for sharing your vacation experience at the Sheraton Hacienda del Mar here on TripAdvisor. We very much appreciate your time and detailed comments!

It is very gratifying to hear that you enjoyed yourselves and we were able to help make your stay special, as it is always our aim to deliver world-class hospitality and service with heart.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon to our Cabo paradise!
Aruba
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

I would qualify this Sheraton hotel as average, overall.
The rooms show wear and tear and are extremely noisy - you hear neighbors at both sides talking and walking around, you hear stomping sounds from above and every flush of every toilet in the vicinity of your room - around you. I stayed in a garden view room.
The service is basically friendly and the food just average. With just one exception, I consumed all meals on premises and cannot recall one outstanding dish or event. WIFI in my case was included but very slow -good enough for basic email but tedious for larger downloads .
The room had a nice coffee machine, no instructions to operate and after trying on two occasions i gave up for lack of engineering skills. A not very user-friendly piece of equipment.
The beach is stellar but you are warned not to swim in the ocean because of high waves and strong currents.
It may have been a spectacular place in it's heyday - not any longer. It needs work.
One more item that bothered me - the fitness center opens at 7 am and if you are here for an event or conference, it is a bit late - most functions and events start at 8-9 am leaving little time for a good workout, shower and breakfast.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank ewaldbiemans
Sheraton H, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Grand Los Cabos Hacienda del Mar, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments about your stay. Our goal at the Sheraton Hacienda del Mar is to provide a stellar guest experience through our AAA Four Diamond Award-winning amenities and world-class service that we strive to deliver with heart. We want you to know that we genuinely appreciate any and all constructive feedback from our guests that might help us serve you better -- and that our manager is happy to discuss and promptly address guest issues. We are sorry for any reason that caused you not to enjoy your stay. However, with regard to our accommodations, our resort regularly undergoes renovative work, the most recent in 2012 to update our guest rooms and several facilities, including our gym and Kids’ Club. Among our most recent, ongoing improvements includes the debut, just this month, of a brand new menu at our Five Diamond De Cortez Mezquite Grill (of which we look forward to hearing our guests’ comments!).
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cabo San Lucas
Tesoro Los Cabos
Tesoro Los Cabos
#59 of 115 in Los Cabos
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,963 reviews
JW Marriott Los Cabos Beach Resort & Spa
JW Marriott Los Cabos Beach Reso...
#8 of 40 in San Jose del Cabo
ME Cabo
ME Cabo
#13 of 71 in Cabo San Lucas
Casa Dorada Los Cabos Resort & Spa

Been to Sheraton Grand Los Cabos Hacienda del Mar? Share your experiences!