Spent a week here and enjoyed the resort. Water is beautiful to watch although you cannot swim in 20 foot crashing waves. Pools are plentiful and beautiful, several infinity pools where you can sit in the water and watch the ocean. Pool bars have great nachos.
Things to be aware of: based on other reviews that discuss the high price of drinks and food, we bought beer and snacks at Costco. What we didn't realize is that there is a 15 dollar per day charge to use the refrigerator in your room; so be sure and get a disposable ice chest (ice is free). There are several 2 for 1 happy hours that move from bar to bar starting at 11:00am and going until 6:00pm. The front desk will give you the list of where and when. Even so, the happy hour brings prices down to 5 dollar mixed drinks and 3 dollar beers.
After checking in, you will be sent to what we thought was the concierge at a desk near check in. She is actually there to sign you up for the time share pitch which comes with a free breakfast and various resort discounts. We were told that these things were offered to us because we were staying a week.....not true. They will ask for a refundable 20 dollar deposit for the breakfast to make sure you show up.
Lastly, the resort put a 800+ dollar hold on our credit card for incidentals. This would not have been such a problem had they told us about it. As it were, my husband saw the charge on his IPad and thought we had our credit card stolen. They were apologetic, but still. Also, there are 2 places for breakfast; Tomatoes is and all you can eat buffet for about 27 dollars per person and Girasoles is an all you can order off the menu for 16 per person, both include mimosas and bloody marys......don't confuse them as we did! All of these things happened the first day and we were very upset. Day two through seven were great however. Beautiful beach, beautiful weather, many fun places to explore if you rent a car (recommended).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With its cobblestone lanes, winding paths, quaint Placitas, fountains, restaurants, and shops, the Sheraton Grand Los Cabos, Hacienda del Mar captures the feel of Old Mexico. A full complement of guest services is offered on premises to satisfy the refined needs of both the meeting and leisure travelers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Sheraton Grand Los Cabos Hacienda del Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Hacienda Del Mar Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Sheraton Hacienda Del Mar Resort And Spa
- Sheraton Cabo San Lucas
- Cabo San Lucas Sheraton
- Sheraton Grand Los Cabos Hacienda Del Mar Cabo San Lucas