We went here on a free awards trip from my company thank goodness. The resort is gorgeous d well maintained along with having more pools than one could ever need but that's where the praises stop. The prices were outrageous had we been paying for them and the service at the pool and restaurants(except for sushi bar) was horrendous.
Let's start with the pool servers, always in a hurry, never smiling or saying thank you, and acting like they hated their jobs. It didn't change when we went to the pool bars, as those servers/bartenders were even ruder and acted as if we were torturing them to make us a drink/take an order. The service was so bad at the pool bar beside the golf course we chose to not even go to that pool again the whole trip.
From there it moves to our room. We stuck the card out to have breakfast delivered between 7-7:15 the 1st morning. When it didn't arrive by 7:30 I called. They said it would be right up. Since we had to leave at 8, I called at 7:45 but still "just a moment". The food never arrived and they didn't apologize or anything. Even an apology would have been nice but most places would offer something to make it up.
Then we have the mini bar, never restocked daily as we were told it would be. One day I had to call FOUR, yes four, times to get them to come restock it. That's not the service you expect from Sheraton or a Diamond Award winning resort. I could go on and on with the way we were treated by the staff at pools and restaurants but I'm sure the point has been made.
Now for the good stuff: beautiful resort, nice pools, really good food, and great staff working at the sushi bar, special event dinners, and the front desk(when you go in person). We were even overcharged for our extra night that we had to pay for and Jayson has been emailing me diligently to get it corrected. Those things are why I rated it average and not 1 star. The cons far outweighed the pros and unless something drastically changed, we would never return here. I'm a former Elite Sheraton member that has always loved their hotels/resorts but this one falls way below acceptable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With its cobblestone lanes, winding paths, quaint Placitas, fountains, restaurants, and shops, the Sheraton Grand Los Cabos, Hacienda del Mar captures the feel of Old Mexico. A full complement of guest services is offered on premises to satisfy the refined needs of both the meeting and leisure travelers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, HotelsforEveryone, Jetsetter, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sheraton Grand Los Cabos Hacienda del Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Hacienda Del Mar Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Sheraton Hacienda Del Mar Resort And Spa
- Sheraton Cabo San Lucas
- Cabo San Lucas Sheraton
- Sheraton Grand Los Cabos Hacienda Del Mar Cabo San Lucas