I've been to several all-inclusive resorts in Mexico over the past few years, but the Sheraton Hacienda del Mar is the first that I've been to in Cabo. The resort is a blend of fabulous and not-so-fabulous characteristics. For those folks who are considering a stay, you'd be well served to know what you like in a resort and what you don't before choosing this property. If you're looking for a vacation spot where you can unwind, hit the pool and just generally relax, this one might fit the bill. If, like me, you like to enjoy the local sights and prefer a more lively vacation, you might want to go somewhere else.
Here's a quick rundown of the fabulous things:
- Large, clean room with a very comfy bed.
- Well tended property that is inviting and beautiful
- Helpful, friendly staff
- Food was acceptable, but not great
- Great whale watching from the hotel and beach.
A rundown of the not-so-fabulous:
- The location on the ocean is nice, but there is nothing around the resort. This is okay if you only want to lounge around the pool for the duration of your stay. If you want to do activities or see any sights, you're at least a $20 cab ride away.
- The Sports Bar/Sushi Restaurant is less than ideal--it doesn't work well as a sports bar, or as a sushi place. Some mash-ups work, but this one is a terrible combination. Never before have I eaten sushi while a ping pong match took place six feet away.
- The place seems to close down at night. The pool bar, which would be a great gathering place to meet and hang out closes at 5:30. Eating and drinking is then restricted to one of a handful of small, not-so-great locations (one of which is the aforementioned sushi/sports place.)
- Food prices. If you visit, make sure it's the all inclusive selection. If you intend to buy your meals as you go, be prepared to pay $35 for the breakfast buffet (each person).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With its cobblestone lanes, winding paths, quaint Placitas, fountains, restaurants, and shops, the Sheraton Grand Los Cabos, Hacienda del Mar captures the feel of Old Mexico. A full complement of guest services is offered on premises to satisfy the refined needs of both the meeting and leisure travelers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sheraton Grand Los Cabos Hacienda del Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Hacienda Del Mar Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Sheraton Hacienda Del Mar Resort And Spa
- Sheraton Cabo San Lucas
- Cabo San Lucas Sheraton
- Sheraton Grand Los Cabos Hacienda Del Mar Cabo San Lucas