Overall we had a great experience.
We arrived and requested an upgrade. We were told that we really didn't want an upgrade as we had the "best" room in the resort. We were very happy with the choice as our room was the last one on the corner of the property and had an uninterrupted view of the beach and water. We were on the ground floor and it was literally a 20 meter walk to the beach. We booked an oceanside room and that was exactly what we got.
The staff were generally very helpful and went out of their way to ensure our comfort and that our needs were met. Any minor issues were immediately dealt with and I do not see the need to discuss them.
We ate at three of the restaurants on the property. Girasoles was pretty good and delivered good quality value. Tomatoes was reasonable and again delivered against our expectations.
We had a very sad experience at Pitahayas. We had read much about this restaurant and went with high expectations. Were we disappointed! We were shown to a table that had glass shards all over it. There were even glass splinters on the cutlery. I asked for another table and we were moved. The only problem was that they seated another couple at that same table without cleaning it!!!!!! We noticed that they had a drink and left. Go figure!
For a five diamond restaurant, the waiters are very poorly trained. Individual plates were taken away, before we had barely finished each course and they were cleared individually and not together. Our waiter 'hovered" around us and filled our wine almost after every sip. It was most annoying. The quality of the food was very poor and we struggled to eat our appies and main courses. It was bland and tasteless. I have to say that we had better meals in Cabo at places like the "Office" for an eighth of the price. We skipped desert as our evening had already been ruined.
As for the rest of the resort, we were very happy with the service, quality and general ambiance of the place.
We went deep sea fishing and had caught some yellow-fin tuna. The hotel prepared a fantastic meal for us (Tomatoes). They went out of their way to ensure that we had a superb meal. We had gotten too much sun that day and the meal was brought to our room with no fuss. This was the best meal that we had all week.
Overall, we would certainly go back again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With its cobblestone lanes, winding paths, quaint Placitas, fountains, restaurants, and shops, Sheraton Grand Los Cabos Hacienda del Mar captures the feel of Old Mexico. Our hotel in Los Cabos, Mexico features a full complement of guest services to satisfy the refined needs of both the meeting and leisure travelers. We present perfect accommodations in a spectacular setting on the oceanfront near Lovers Beach and the Arch of Cabo San Lucas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Sheraton Grand Los Cabos Hacienda del Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Hacienda Del Mar Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Sheraton Hacienda Del Mar Resort And Spa
- Sheraton Cabo San Lucas
- Cabo San Lucas Sheraton
- Sheraton Grand Los Cabos Hacienda Del Mar Cabo San Lucas