My girlfriend and headed to the Pacifica for a 5 day getaway and it was about as beautiful and peaceful as you could imagine. We checked in and were sent to the “welcome desk” to get our free drink tickets validated. I am 28 and my girlfriend is 24, having read other’s reviews, I told them I was 27 and they didn’t pressure us once I told them I wasn’t interested. They told us to let them know if we changed our mind and wanted to tour (timeshare) the Sunset. The bellhop took us to our room and explained more about the hotel, etc. Our room was very beautiful and the size was fine. We wanted to use the fridge so I call housekeeping and asked them to come and remove the contents which they did in less than 10 mins.
We headed down to the pool restaurant to get some lunch. Based on everyone’s recommendations, we ordered the tempura shrimp tacos and then I thought I’d try the crispy beef tacos. The shrimp tacos were good, but the crispy tacos came in Taco Bell type shells, but I was able to remedy the situation by asking for some flour tortillas which were fresh and very good. Later during the week, we honed in on the shrimp cocktail and beef nachos as our favorite poolside snacks. Though once, after spying another guest enjoying one, we ordered a burger which definitely hit the spot.
The first night we decided to try Siempre for dinner. Service was good, and fairly quick. They’ve been trained well and try to mimic any fine dining establishment. The shrimp appetizer (cooked) was phenomenal. The 3 large shrimp tasted exactly like lobster. We also split the beet salad which was very good. My girlfriend wasn’t very hungry so she ordered the black been soup, at $16 it was overpriced, thought she enjoyed it. I ordered the sea bass and was very please I listened to our waiter and chose it over a steak. I don’t think this is the place for a great steak; seafood is probably your better bet. Overall, we found it good, pricing was comparable to any fancy restaurant in LA, and the only a few things seemed overpriced. The rest of the week we chose to either dine in town, or have late lunches and get dessert in the bar. And on our last night we ordered room service, cheese quesadilla and Arrachera (skirt) steak hit the spot.
Our first morning we ate breakfast at Siempre, but for the rest of the week, we decided to order the same food via room-service and dined on our balcony enjoying the beautiful view overlooking the pool and beach. The Huevos Rancheros was ordered by one (or both) of us daily, the fruit platter was a daily staple and we also enjoyed the Machacca Burrito, Waffles and the Banana Bread French toast is probably better to share as it’s pretty rich.
To get into town, we took the shuttle (every 30 mins, 15 and 45) to Sunset and bus (every hour on the hour) from Sunset to Rose. From there it was a $3-5 taxi ride or 10-15 min walk to anywhere in town. And took taxis back to the hotel for $12. Mi Casa is very good; La Paridilla’s Arrachera is as good as I’d remembered it, though ankle biting mosquitoes enjoyed us as we ate.
All in all staff was great, no time share hassle. We received just as many calls to the room as a Four Season’s, etc. Welcome call making sure the room was okay, and call the night before check-out to confirm when we wanted our bags picked up. The grounds were beautiful and perfectly manicured. The pool was busy, but chairs were always available and no one was loud. The fire pits were a great place to sit and relax at night, the gym was good enough and the spa was very nice. We would definitely go back and I hope to soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award-winning Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Resort & Spa is an enchanting oasis of natural beauty and relaxation, located on a 2.5 Mile stretch of pristine white beach on the Pacific Ocean, just one mile from lively downtown Cabo San Lucas. This boutique resort offers a deluxe all-inclusive plan providing gourmet a la carte dining, enhanced guest services and a wide range of amenities. Pacifica features five restaurants, five bars, two pools, an award-winning spa and luxurious accommodations in a calm, adults-only environment. Fashionably decorated guestrooms and suites include furnished patios and balconies with stunning views of the ocean and sunsets. One of the most exciting and recent additions at Pueblo Bonito Pacifica are, The Towers at Pacifica a new ultra-luxe resort-within-a-resort, offering 47 new exquisite guest rooms and suites. Also, a new oceanfront gym, and Península, a new beachfront restaurant and bar, featuring traditional Baja Cuisine and creative mixology. New enhanced services accompanied the expansion as well, such as pool butlers for poolside and beach service, and fantastic culinary experiences, such as the Hook & Cook activity. Designed for the sophisticated and discerning guest, Pueblo Bonito Pacifica has everything needed for a fun and relaxing vacation experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Resort And Spa
- Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Holistic Retreat & Spa
- Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Golf & Spa Resort Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos