“Perfect Honeymoon”

Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Golf & Spa Resort
Ranked #21 of 73 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Reviewed July 7, 2007

My husband and I stayed for 7 days on our honeymoon. We thought it was a perfect place....quiet and relaxing! The food was excellent, the rooms were excellent, the staff was respectful and attentive, the views are amazing. We didn't use the spa, but are planning to return and make use of them. Excellent place to vacation if you are looking to relax.

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled as a couple
3  Thank missscarlett
Write a ReviewReviews (4,104)

Reviewed July 5, 2007

Stayed at the resort for 5 days of complete relaxation and luxury with my boyfriend. This place is by far top-notch in service, comfort, cleanliness and decor. The designer did a fabulous job all around. We mainly ate at the Restaurant Siempre which is the best in CABO. The fish tacos were a hit and the Three Salsa w/nachos. We weren't big drinkers so that is what saved us with the bill but all in all the prices were reasonable. Very Quiet which is what we needed with the hustle and bustle of Washington, DC. I've stayed in many luxury hotels and this should definitely be rated 5 star.

Concerns: I did not like how we were guided to the Timeshare table upon check-in. We thought it was the concierge or welcome table. We were talked into the presentation with minimal details of what it was and figured it was a timeshare thing. We were told it is not agressive and could leave at any moment but 90 minutes turned into 4 hours. We also received pressure and attitude from the sales rep Alberto. He was very nice but when I told him I wanted to see legal documentation as to the figures he was giving for resell and renting of the timeshare he called over who I assumed to be the Manager who did not address my question. The we were told they would hold our gifts of $200 and $50 spa treatment certificates for 24 hours to decide if we wanted to purchase. I then go upset because we were told there was no pressure and could leave at anytime. After constantly saying "NO" and threatening to complain to management we were released. We received attitudes from the Sales office as they were printing our certificates but at that point we didn't care what they thought. They should really let folks know what to expect.

Downtown Cabo: Was not really impressed, mainly for high school and college girls. CABO WABO and Gigglin Marlin - we stayed for less than an hour at both but was happy to be back at the hotel where is is quiet and serene.

ATV Adventure: If you are a dainty lady and like to sit at the pool and relax with yoru Chanel Sunglasses suggest you DO NOT do this adventure. It was rough and dangerous. I flew off the ATV and received scrapes and scars. I tried to be adventurous but the instruction lasted 5 minutes; I had to give up my ATV and ride with my boyfriend who was better equipped to handle that thing. Afterwards we laughed about it but I could have seriously hurt myself.

SPA: After the ATV we really need this!!!! I recommend Theresa whom I got her name from the Internet and she was GREAT! I wanted to pack her in my suitcase and take her home with me. We had a couples massage which was awesome and left with smiles.

I would definitely go back even though I have a motto of never going to the same place twice. Too much world to see!!!!

7  Thank RACHY36
Reviewed July 5, 2007

Just returned from our stay at the Pacifica. We spent 4 wild nights at a wedding in town before we headed to the Pacifica for 3 nights of much needed rest and relaxation.

The place was fantastic, very quiet and relaxing. Outside of the pool area, we barely ran into another guest. The food at Siempre was outstanding and we found the prices to be fair compared to other luxury resorts. For anyone looking to relax, the Pacifica is the place for you in Cabo.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank dumpslikeatruck
Reviewed July 4, 2007

fantastic getaway. pure relaxation, great location, excellent staff. food just so so, but with the views, who cares.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled as a couple
11  Thank georgia18
Reviewed July 3, 2007

June 22, Friday Day 1
First, we booked our flight through BookIt.com. They were by far less expensive than Expedia, Orbitz & Travelocity. They were superb!
They even have a delay pay should you need to pay over a period of time. That is only allowed if you book a few months out, though.
We took US Air out of DTW-Phoenix without any delay.
We then took Phoenix-to Cabo San Lucas.
Everything was On Time!!
The customs going into Mexico was quick and concise.
We knew to avoid all of the vultures when we got into the terminal in Mexico who want you to buy timeshares or get you a cab.
We were told by BookIt.com that our cab/van would be outside. They were right on the money!
The guys held up a huge sign that read “BookIt.com.”
We had paid vouchers for a round trip cab fare to and from the hotel.
As soon as we arrived at Pueblo Bonito Pacifica, we told the two ladies sitting in the lobby by themselves, that we would go through the Timeshare on Saturday. We just wanted to get to our room and unwind from a full day of travel.
We had a nice tour of Pueblo Bonito Pacifica. It is truly lovely.
We were on the 4th floor, 1145. You want to get this floor or the 5th floor. You are able to see the Pacific ocean view better. The third number is your hotel number, (ours was 1145) lets you know what floor you will be on.

When we had arrived to our room, June 22, at the Pueblo Bonito Pacifica, Cabo San Lucas. We had arrived in the afternoon.
They had spelled out Happy Anniversary with beans. They had chocolates and a bottle of champagne waiting for us as we had arrived in our room.
The room was very Zen as is the whole grounds of the resort.
We unpacked and went to dinner at their restaurant, Siempere. We had a lovely dinner, I had the Escolar fish and Doug had the Parrot fish. For dessert the staff had brought out the dessert that spelled out "Happy Annersary Mr. Oliver" We had a good laugh with that one. ( see Pictures)

June 23, Saturday Day 2

Saturday morning, we called to make an appointment to see the Timeshare’s at PB Sunset. We also wanted to take a look at the Monte Cristo estates too.
We had a lovely tour from a lovely young lady. Had breakfast for free, which was nice.
The bad part came when they did the switch with the closer. Our “closer” was Sherri.
She did show all of the real estate including the Monte Cristo. However, she was a very pushy American who has been doing this for quite awhile. She did not have much integrity. If you do go through the Timeshares, and you get her, ask for someone else! We did finally get our vouchers and we were back on track to enjoying our vacation!

That evening we had made reservations for La Freda, which is located at the PB Sunset.
My husband had the sea scallops with black beans. I had the crusted sea bass. Our fist course was the trio cerviche. For dessert, we had the flourless cake with homemade ice cream! Excellent!
I would recommend this place, just ignore the snobby hostess and you will be fine. Expect to pay as this place is pricey.

June 24 Sunday Day 3
Went to the PB Pacifica pool today.
Went into town and had dinner at Pancho’s. They were wonderful!
I showed Sammy, our waiter, the list that Trapper had written. He told me that they now have 500 instead of 400 types of tequila.
This place is lively and genuine. We were serenaded a couple of times during dinner by the Los Pancho’s Trio.
I had the special that night which was, the Lobster.
My husband had the chicken and pork with BBQ sauce. (see pictures)
We then walked to the marina as I was on a mission to find the Redrum Sportsfishing Charters as I had left their phone numbers at home, and I was without a computer.
We finally found where they were located. Looks like I will meet with them tomorrow.

June 25, Monday Day 4
We went to the pool today.
After that we went back into town. We went to dinner at Salvatore’s.
Everyone, needs to go to this restaurant! Loved it!!
The people were lovely and treated us very well.
For appetizers we had the Los Cabo Calamari Italiano. For dinner, I had the Carbonara alla Galluzzo. My husband had the Fettuccine Alfredo. For dessert, we had a chocolate flan. (See Pictures)
Our servers names were Jimmy and Hector! They were fantastic!! The bill was by far the least expensive of our trip. If you are on a budget, you might want to go here. They do not charge you for coke refills. The dinner alone for the two of us could have easily fed four. A must place to go!!!!
We then went for a walk back to the marina to meet up with Louis at Redrum. We made reservations for sports fishing, for this coming Friday. Louis was very helpful at RedRum.
We then went to the famous Cabo Wabo Bar. You would think we were groupies taking pictures fo everything and buying all the t-shirts and Tequila. Had a great time.

June 26, Tuesday Day 5
This morning I went and had a Reiki massage at the PB Pacifica. It was very relaxing!
I then met up with my husband at the pool. We had lunch at the pool. We split the Tempura fish taco. My husband had the mango smoothie and I had a virgin Pina Colada. Great lunch!
We then changed for an evening on the town. We went back to the marina. We went on the Tropicay Jazz & Wine cruise. It starts at 5:300 and lasts until 7:30pm.
It was a 65 foot super catamaran.
They served wine and drinks and hor d'ouvers.
We came up toward the famous arch, El Arco, which are the symbols of Cabo San Lucas, worldwide. We saw Divorce beach, Lovers Beach, and all of the tourist attractions.
It was a great time!! I would go again, as I loved it!
After the cruise, we went back into town and went to Senor Sweets. I had a great cappuccino and my husband had a banana split.
Perfect ending to a great day!

June 27, Wednesday, Day 6
Today we went to the Pueblo Bonito Sunset, which is right next door to the Pueblo Bonito Pacifica. They have a free shuttle service that goes to all four of their hotels.
We took advantage of the service.
We wanted to go to the sky pool which is at the PB Sunset.
Once we arrived at the PB Sunset, you take the elevator to the 9th floor. Then you wait for a guy in his golf cart to take you up a bit farther. From there, you walk a path up to the sky pool.
The pool is a two tier pool. The view was wonderful. A “must go” because of the view. Though I still like the pool at PB Pacifica. It was still a nice change of pace.
After that, we went back into town for dinner.
We ate at Mi Casa. What a great authentic place to eat.
My husband started off with the Mango Margarita. Very smooth!
We tried two appetizers, the El Queso Fundido a la Mexicana-melted cheese with pico de gallo, and the Cebiches Costenos de Cameron Pulpa- which is cooked shrimp with avocado, lime and fresh celery and panga sauce. It tasted like a Bloody Mary!
For dinner:
My husband had the chicken Enchilladas- Verdes O’ Rojas! Very good!
I had the chile marislos which is poblano peppers stuffed with fish, shrimp, octopus, and scallops, and topped with cheese.
If you are up for something different, this dish is for you!
For dessert we had the caramel flan and the coconut almond pudding. (See pictures) and coffee.
After dinner we were the typical tourist, buying jewelry, t-shirts and some beautiful pottery that did make it back to Michigan without getting broken.

June 28, Thursday, Day 7, My Birthday

Today is my 50th birthday! I celebrated first, by having a facial and a pedicure at the PB Pacifica. Very relaxing!
When I came back to my room, the staff had spelled out “Happy Birthday” with rose petals! Lovely! ( See picture)
We then went to the pool at the Pacifica for the afternoon.
For the evening, we got dressed and went to dinner at the Pueblo Bonito Pacifica’s restaurant, Siempere.
We had as an appetizer, the mussels served with coconut and chocolate.
My husband had the veal stuffed with brie and mushrooms with brie cheese sauce. It tasted devine!
I had the surf & turf! Wonderful!
For dessert the staff came out with a beautiful cake and ice cream and on the plate it said” Happy 50th Karen” (See Pictures)
What wonderful memories of my 50th birthday!

June 29, Friday Day 8 * The Big Sports Fishing Day!!*
This is one of the main reasons I came to Cabo San Lucas as it is the Sports fishing capital for many Marlin tournaments.
This was my very first time going out fishing. We were on the “RumRunnin” which is a spacious 32’ Crystaliner! We used Redrum,Sports Fishing Charters, redrumcabo.com! They were fantastic! A must “Go To” if you are in the mood to sports fish while in Cabo!
Our Captain was Javier, and his First Mate was Alberto. Great crew!! John Donvvan, Operations, will help you in any way he can. Just call him and make reservations!

It took us over an hour and 20 minutes to get out where they wanted us to start trolling in the Pacific! We were about 25/30 miles out to sea. We started out at 6:30am.
Yes, I did bring in a Striped Marlin!! What an exciting event this was. I started bringing it in around 10:30am
It took over 25 minutes to bring it in, and it was well worth every minute!
It weighed in at 130 pounds and was 7' 9".
After that big trophy fish, I decided to go back in to shore. That is where we had it weighed and measured.
It will be hanging in our family room sometime in September.

June 30, Day 9 Travel Day
Today was travel day. It is always sad leaving a place that is so wonderful.
My husband and I really enjoyed everything about Cabo San Lucas.
We are already looking at going back and this time bringing our daughter.
A truly memorable 9 days.
The flight back home was on time and uneventful, which is the way I like my flights!
We had a four hour layover in Phoenix and arrived back in Detroit at 1:30am Detroit time.
I will never forget this vacation! Memories to last for quite sometime!
You will love the Pueblo Bonito Pacifica!!

More pictures are located here should you like to see them.

Thanks Karen
The New Marlin Lover

9  Thank OliversRose
Reviewed June 30, 2007

My husband and I stayed at Pacifica for 14 days and enjoyed every minute at the resort. The staff is fabulous, the resort beautiful and usually quiet. The spa isn't that expensive when compared to similar spas at higher end hotels and resorts. We had a room and found it comfortable enough, though occasional chairs in the room might have been nice. We recommend this resort highly and thank everyone at the resort for making our stay there fabulous.

Here are a couple of things that people haven't yet mentioned:
1) There is a sushi bar with an excellent mix of cooked and raw items, all with a Mexican twist. Rances, the sushi chef, was eager to please and the sushi, though different from what we are used to, was excellent (Located in the Siempre Restaurant) (Cost $63 including Japanese beer)
2) Monday nights they have a Tempanyaki Grill at the sushi bar. Jonas was the chef and really fun to watch. ($93US for food and saki)
3) The wine bar has free wine tastings at least one night a week, they have a nice tapas menu, if you want a light meal. (We ate there for dinner twice)

Some other things that may be useful:
- We ate dinner at Siempre's twice, one night costing us $144US and the other $180US (this included a bottle of wine)
- You might be able to get out of the time share by telling the reps that you are a real estate agent. This seemed to be a big concern for them. Be prepared (if you don't buy) to be shuffled out the door with your certificates and ignored.
- We usually got our breakfast from the Galleria, including two lattes, selection of pasteries yoghurt and fruit ($12.50 US)
- Most meals at the poolside restaurant, Aire, can be split, if you aren't big eaters (watch out for the Cadillac margarita, it packs enough alcohol to make you nap the whole afternoon - and it should for $13US)

IT IS DEFINATELY WINDY. It may be necessary for the poolside umbrellas to be put down in high winds.
The surf is impressive, the water is cold and the waves pull up enough sand to rub your skin raw, no one is kidding, you can't swim in the ocean here.

11  Thank danrobe2007
Reviewed June 26, 2007

Beautiful resort with ultra-clean premises and amazing views. Immediately, upon walking into the impressive lobby, you get a sense that the place is going to be totally relaxing.

My favorite amenity the turn down service, they lay out plush robes on the bed and spritz with a nice lavender scent.

This place is highly recommended if you are looking for a romantic, relaxing, retreat. You will forget you are in busy Cabo San Lucas since the resort is located about 10 minutes from the hustle and bustle.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
2 mi away
Breathless Cabo San Lucas Resort & Spa
Grand Fiesta Americana Los Cabos All Inclusive Golf & Spa
Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa
Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive ...
#6 of 43 in San Jose del Cabo

Been to Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Golf & Spa Resort? Share your experiences!