We needed to book two rooms through Blue Ribbon Travel, who worked with Funjet Vacations and EPIC Los Cabos. We had our two daughters (18 & 22) with us. The rates were about $350 per night each room. Got hosed on the airfare from Mpls to Cabo $990 round trip.
The Pacifica is a 5 star resort. Very remote, on the Pacific side, next to nothing. About a mile beach with no one on it. If you like solitude and peace and quiet, this is the place. The sister hotel in Cabo, Rose', was like Coney Island.
Bad undertow at the Pacifica, so can't swim there, but gorgeous. Hotel is very minimalistic and zen inspired as the promo indicates. Staff is firendly and everywhere. Free shuttle to other Pueblo Bonito properties in Cabo. Spa was fantastic. There is extra charges for everything, bottled water $5.00, fitness center $10.00 or $15.00 with locker room access includes steam room, hot tub, cold water plunge, and shower, although great apple infused free water in the locker room, along with pecans and dried fruit (you could make a breakfast out of it). Very relaxing space. All the rooms are facing the pacific in some fashion. Food and drinks are priced like a nice US hotel (pina colada $9.00, corona $4.50, hamburger $13.50, dinners are $20-45 for entree'). Interesting taxi rates, into town $20 back to hotel $10. Golf is very expensive, paid $280 at Palmilla plus $70 for taxi, and $350 at Cabo Del Sol plus $60 taxi. The Palmilla was not worth the price, but Cabo Del Sol, was better than Pebble Beach.
Fitness activities are organized by Mugiel, who is very good. The Tezamul or beach-side sweat lodge was not embraced by the staff, they close it at 3:00, and at that time its 90 degrees outside, and not appealing, but at 8:00 or 9:00 pm it might be great. They do not have a Mexican shaman deliver the services, its Mugiel, the fitness guy, who does the thing, same guy that does the other stuff like yoga, water aerobics, and towel folding classes.
Water was great, and no one in the party of 4 got really sick, although, it is Mexico and the North American digestive systems are not prepared for all the new experiences, but nothing serious. We ate only at top tier establishments. We had dinner one evening at Esperanza, and would highly recommend it. Suggest you do not take the table on the outside cliff stone deck closest to the water. We were next to that table and two couples were having a lively discussions about their growing financial assets when a bath tub of sea water came over the wall and completely soaked two of them. We were 20 feet above sea level !!.
The city is very friendly, everyone is hustling, and it felt safe. Ernesto Coppel, the owner of the chain of hotels has a house between the Sunset and the Pacifica, that must be worth $10 million, its way better than Chalres Swabbs house at Peeble Beach, and that's probably over $30 million. Ernesto, if you read this, invite us to stay with your family for a week. I jogged by the house one morning and it was early and must have caught the beach guards off-guard. But he has a fantastic vision for the mile and one-half of beach front that he owns, and is just starting on the first of two, top shelf golf courses. The up keep and maintainence on the properties we visited was first class, and I hope he can finish the project, as it will be one of the best resorts in Cabo. I am a little concerned with the wind on the Pacific side with respect to golf, but maybe we were there during the windy season.
All in all, a first class resort, with great potential as the next phase of the resort vision is executed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award-winning Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Resort & Spa is an enchanting oasis of natural beauty and relaxation, located on a 2.5 Mile stretch of pristine white beach on the Pacific Ocean, just one mile from lively downtown Cabo San Lucas. This boutique resort offers a deluxe all-inclusive plan providing gourmet a la carte dining, enhanced guest services and a wide range of amenities. Pacifica features five restaurants, five bars, two pools, an award-winning spa and luxurious accommodations in a calm, adults-only environment. Fashionably decorated guestrooms and suites include furnished patios and balconies with stunning views of the ocean and sunsets. One of the most exciting and recent additions at Pueblo Bonito Pacifica are, The Towers at Pacifica a new ultra-luxe resort-within-a-resort, offering 47 new exquisite guest rooms and suites. Also, a new oceanfront gym, and Península, a new beachfront restaurant and bar, featuring traditional Baja Cuisine and creative mixology. New enhanced services accompanied the expansion as well, such as pool butlers for poolside and beach service, and fantastic culinary experiences, such as the Hook & Cook activity. Designed for the sophisticated and discerning guest, Pueblo Bonito Pacifica has everything needed for a fun and relaxing vacation experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Resort And Spa
- Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Holistic Retreat & Spa
- Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Golf & Spa Resort Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos