“Great free trip”

Ranked #18 of 70 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
CA
“Great free trip”
Reviewed May 27, 2010

· Got free 7 nights stay from AE (from family cruise last year)
· Transportation – $16.25 from airport to hotel w/Transcabo, booked online. Good. Booked return shuttle at hotel a day ahead, $16 departs (10:30/12:45 etc) 4 times a day.
· Shuttle to Sunset, no ticket needed. If going to Rose, get ticket directly from Pacifica. When arriving at Rose, get ticket from lobby so you are well planned. Shuttle service is great and I don’t find it inconvenient at all.
· Hotel ground – beautiful and serene as other mentioned.
· Service – excellent as mentioned.
· Yes they are nickel and dime. I did get some fruits/water/snacks from Walmart.
· Deli at Sunset is great, not too expensive but adequate.
· Room service is cheap comparing to other resort - $24 for sea bass dish, with vege/bread, not bad. Pool restaurant is excellent, closed at 7:00 p.m. though. Not expensive. Tried Siempra for breakfast, eggs benedicts is not good, others (fruits/wheat bread/eggs) are fine.
· Pool is great. Hot tub not hot enough. Hotel activities are great, especially the cooking class. There are cocktail and tequila class but didn’t have time.
· Beach is serene – crushing waves, beautiful sunset, saw dolphins and jumping rays. Rented cabana for 1 hr ($20) it’s great. $85 get you a full day.
· Spa – Swedish message is great, don’t like scrub – the room is too cold; facial is okay. You get to use the gym and hot/cold tub and steam room is you have spa service. Gym is adequate but no windows, look cheap. Spa service is good but facilities are not impressive, comparing to other 5 stars spa resorts. Normal price is $120 for 50 min. Have special package.
· Timeshare – I traveled single for 7 nights, so I opt to have the presentation. Got $200 restaurants credit, $100 spa (I need to pay $50) and 1 Land-end tour. At the end of the tour, I paid $62 for another $100 spa credit. You may plan ahead for other activities and purchase there – deep discount. Good breakfast, no pressure as I mentioned many times about my job security and not willing to make commitment.
· La Nao at Sunset – no good. Fellow travelers highly recomm. Frida. Bistro is good and moderately priced.
· 1 trip to Walmart – well worth it – great pastries, salsa, fruits, essential stuffs
· 1 trip to Cabo Pulmo – great $79 + $2, picked up at hotel.
· 1 day to town – Gorde Lele is quite a walk from Rose (Medano Beach is lovely though), Auromura (?) or Super Plaza (super market, you pass it when going to Gordo, it is lovely and cheap) Senior Sweets have 2 for 1 drinks from 12 – 7, plus 2 free chicken wings, plus free phone call (wireless phone in their comfi chair). SS also has good exchange rate, I paid big US bill and gets Peso change, rate is $1.38ish as compared to hotel $1.2 I didn’t spend that much so didn’t care to do ATM or bank.
· Saw lots of day spa in town - $30 for 50 min. Will try next time.
· Thanks for all the tips, hope you found this helpful!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
5 Thank gd2know

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,096)
Plano, Texas
Reviewed May 25, 2010

We stayed five nights at the PB Pacifica, which turned out to be the perfect length of time. The atmosphere is ideal, as we were searching for a peaceful retreat from our busy lives. The pools were great, one seemed to be heated, while the other was not (cold for the majority of our stay), with a huge hot tub to compliment the pools. Walks on the beach were relaxing, but the strength of the wind was problematic. Service was excellent, food was decent, drinks were amazing. Of course, it's resort pricing, so expect to pay a good amount for lunch, dinner and drinks. Although, the bottled water and gatorade in the fitness center were priced appropriatey ($2-$3, instead of the $8 bottle in the room). Cabs into town were $10-$12. I suggest taking cabs into town and not using the shuttle to the PB Rose and walking. My wife enjoyed the spa, I enjoyed the fitness center, although you have to pay $10 per day to use the fitness facility.

The push for timeshares begin as soon as you walk off the plane. I still can't really determine whether the $200 resort credit is worth the timeshare presentation at the PB Sunset. On one hand it is a significant discount which can be used towards food and drinks at any PB restaurants. But on the other hand, the presentation is a real hassle, as these salespeople are very determined to sell you a timeshare. They are highly trained salespeople that do not take no for an answer. I guess you take the good with the bad.

Overall, we were satisfied with our stay at the PB Pacifica and would recommend to other couples looking for a relaxing get-a-way.

4 Thank dallas29
Ohio
Reviewed May 25, 2010

My wife and I just got back from a wonderful trip to Cabo San Lucas after I graduated from medical school in 2010. After being harassed in the airport by timeshare salesmen and annoyed by other travelers on our Transcabo shuttle (I recommend using the hotel shuttle) we were a little worried about what awaited us in Cabo and at our hotel. As we came over the mountains leading to the Pacific beaches we were awestruck by the peaceful, solitary, and beautiful Pueblo Bonito Pacifica, standing alone with no other businesses within hundereds of yards. Endless beaches stretch in both directions until reaching rocks and more mountains. We came to learn that this area is some of the most desirable real estate in the area. (For example: The owner of the Pueblo Bonito franchise has his primary estate about 100yards from the Pacifica. Oprah's home is about another 200 yards up the beach, however it can only be seen from the top of the mountain as you come into the property.)

When we arrived my wife was helped out of the van and asked by name how her flight was. Our bags were quickly taken care of and warm damp towels were placed on our hands after our long journey. Quiet music and lavender float through the lobby. We were welcomed by clean, well dressed, and sincere hotel staff who helped us into our room and explained everything regarding hotel policy and services.

An earlier review mentioned that water was $8 dollars in the room. This is true, but for Fiji water. Other brands with 1.5 liters (almost twice the size of the in-room Fiji bottles) can be purchased at the Deli for less than $4 each. This same review montioned trash, loud noises, full shuttles, and construction. We saw none of this whatsoever. It was as if the shuttles were waiting on us. Also, tennis for two is $20 (not $25) and the court is brand new...we know this because the contractor who rebuilt them visited the day my wife and I were playing. Also, the rackets and balls they provide are very good quality.

The food was always incredible. We visited other pueblo bonito restaurants at other resorts, downtown Cabo, and local vendors and always were happier with what we ate at the hotel (although a trip to La Frieda at Pueblo Bonito Sunset is a must for what is one of the best restaurants in Cabo). Breakfast for two from the deli ranged from $15-$20, lunches for two ranged from $30-40 and dinner for two at the Siempre was ~$80 for the Japanese and ~$100 for the standard menu (Simepra is a gourmet restaurant...so we found it to be worth the cost).

Also, not all reviewers who complain about the timeshare pitch mention that you get $300 (broken up into $200 off resort food and $100 off the spa), a free breakfast with all the drinks you want, and 2 free drinks at the pacifica for about 2 hours of your time. Totally worth it!

The spa was exceptional and they were running reasonable sales while we were there. I had an hour massage and my wife had a facial and pedicure. Beyond these treatments you are given as much time as you would like to enjoy the showers, steam rooms, hot tubs, cold tubs, and meditation rooms. All of which were spotless, clean, and quiet.

My wife and I found our 6 days at the Pacifica absolutely wonderful. We were taken care of hand and foot, were given great insight by the concierge, and felt like the price justified the services. This is not a cheap spring break resort. Rather, it is a spa like experience top to bottom. Moreover, we always felt safe. Also, the staff was very straightforward (I checked our bill several times as we added charges throughout our stay to make sure there were no hidden costs). We can't wait to return!

5 Thank bumgjm2
Fishers, Indiana
Reviewed May 17, 2010

My wife and I have been to this resort several times in the past 4 years and are heading back in October 2010. We discovered it through a free offer after going on a cruise in 2006...it was the perfect second honeymoon! So quiet, so non-commercial, only adults, beautiful ocean front location with nothing but sand water and rocks! Beautiful for pictures and memories.

• Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank anstzya
the prairie
Reviewed May 13, 2010

As many others have already stated, this isn't a "party" place. If your looking for an on-site disco or places/activities to hook-up or be seen this isn't it. I'm not sure small children would find this place too entertaining either. But if you are looking for a quiet retreat, fabulous foods, terrific views and a pampering staff than you might consider this hotel. The beaches are beautiful and empty-no hawkers! There are two lovely pools and an amazing staff.
Yes-this place is not cheap. But it's a luxury spa. If you want cheap you can certainly find it elsewhere. Yes-you are away from the town and somewhat isolated but Pueblo Bonito (PB) offers free shuttle service to their sister hotels. We took the shuttle service every day-no problem. And you can always take a taxi (12-15$). The Siempre is the flagship dinning room and it is expensive. But the food is really wonderful and you get some free stuff with dinner . We got a free mini-appetizer, an end of meal refreshing drink (mouth cleanser) and a free mini-dessert. This may not be worthwhile for some-but again if your looking for bargain basement prices I wouldn't recommend this place.
The only downside came at check-in. The receptionist gave us two free drink certificates but they had to be validated by ..."THE TIMESHARE PEOPLE" who had a desk in the entry. Of course, it's not clear until after you go to get the tickets validated what's going on. We ended up going to the free breakfast hard sell. It lasted a few hours and they gave us everything we were promised ($200 certificate towards food/drink, $100 towards the spa).
About the no food or drink from outside policy: They are up front about this on their website and when you check in. We still smuggled stuff in because it is hard to enforce. How can you tell exactly where a bottle of water was purchased? As long as you are not too obvious (calling out for pizza or sitting at the pool with food obviously purchased elsewhere) you won't have any problems.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank bijouWa
Houston, Tx
Reviewed May 12, 2010

Apparently, the PB Pacifica didnt get the memo that the economy sucks and with most places practically giving vacations away this place has decided to rip off their guests. Firstly, I cant believe they wont let you bring in your own water and insist that you pay for the $9.60 water in the room after all the money we spent to stay there. I also couldn't believe that we were charged $25 for patron margaritas at the swim up bar when you can buy a bottle of Patron for $25 and on top of that they even charge you $3 for the nasty packs of coffee in the room. I also noticed that the hotel is in need of some upkeep with alot of broken/missing tiles around the pool area etc. We have been going to the PB Pacifica since 2006 and will probably would not stay there again. It was such a disappointment compared to our fist couple of times staying here.

1 Thank lisamcgee1
Houston, Texas
Reviewed May 1, 2010

I just came back from Cabo and took a little vacation with my sister. We loved this hotel. It is beautiful, quiet and very clean. If you want rest and relaxation, you have to come here. The staff was unbelieveably nice and they definitely know how to make your stay very relaxing. We had no problems whatsoever. Maybe the only glitch was that we had a problem connecting to the internet and once we called the front desk, someone was at our door in a few minutes, no kidding. Also, they don't charge for internet. That's awesome compared to other resorts. I would definitely recommend this hotel to friends and family. You can always go downtown if you want a party scene but we prefer the peace. The taxi rides cost about $12 and it isn't very far to downtown. I would definitely recommend taking the airport transportation that the hotel provides. The cost is $19/person but it's worth it cause it's a long way from the airport to the hotel...probably about a 45 minute ride.

Once you check into the hotel, you will be told to talk to someone about getting your complimentary drink at one of the bars at the hotel and talk to a hostess. She will then ask about attending a time-share at the Pueblo Bonito Sunset beach. I know...there's always a bad rap about time-share presentations. We decided to do it since they offered a $200 voucher to any of the restaurants or bars to be used at any of the Pueblo Bonito resorts. We put in a $20 deposit which you get back at the end of the presentation. You really don't have to do it but it was worth the 90 minute presentation for the vouchers. I believe that you can probably get more free stuff if you hold out. I am sure that they wouldn't bug you to do the presentations if you didn't want to.

The food wasn't that bad either. We ate at the Siempre for breakfast which I thought was pretty good. Also, the sushi bar at Siempre was fanastic as well. We ordered poolside a few times and had the shrimp quesadillas and fish tacos that were good as well. The last night we made reservations at La Frida restaurant. It's located at the sister resort Sunset Beach. The food was fantastic! Try to get the outdoor view seating. It's beautiful!

If you wanted to go swimming, this is definitely not the place to go. It's located on the Pacific, hence the Pacifica, which is really rough and a strong shore break. It can also be a bit windy. If you wanted to go swimming right off a resort, you may want to consider staying on the Sea of Cortez side. Just a thought...

Stayed April 2010
4 Thank sunshinetexas3
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cabo San Lucas
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Golf & Spa Resort
Esperanza - An Auberge Resort
Esperanza - An Auberge Resort
#2 of 70 in Cabo San Lucas
Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa
Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive ...
#6 of 41 in San Jose del Cabo
Grand Fiesta Americana Los Cabos All Inclusive Golf & Spa
Hacienda Encantada Resort & Residences
Sheraton Grand Los Cabos Hacienda del Mar

Been to Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Golf & Spa Resort? Share your experiences!