Pueblo Bonito Pacifica was a promotion we received as a result of a cruise we took last year. Normally we head to Hawaii for Spring Break with our college kid, however we chose to take advantage of this offer. I was a bit apprehensive about the bad press Mexico was getting, however since we were flying from Los Angeles the value was too good to pass up. After a two hour flight, we arrived in San Jose and had a shuttle take us about another 40 minutes South to our resort. Two plusses versus Hawaii right off the bat is no humidity and no mosquitoes. The weather is a very comfortable 85 degrees with a breeze. I was extremely impressed with the staff who greeted us, answered our questions and got us to our room. From the bellman (Luis) to the front desk (Angelo) they all were very professional, friendly, and spoke perfect English. They made us feel welcome and comfortable. The entrance is Zen-like, very minimal and works well to calm the soul. The Pueblo Bonito Pacifica is for those that want to unwind from the fast-paced life we come from. Every room boasts an incredible ocean view - I saw whales from my balcony on the first day. Poolside (I should say poolsides as there are two) was very pleasant - there was no rushing to try to find a spot as there was plently of chairs for all, and I had a margarita in my hand without having to wait at all. Towels were provided along with umbrellas and padded lounges. The rooms are standard Hotel type although we could have upgraded to a suite at check-in if we wanted to. . The food and drink are resort priced and acceptable - gratutity is not automatically included. There were more dinner options at the Sunset which is just a shuttle ride away. I do recommend that you make reservations if you go to the other Pueblo Bonito resorts. The water is de-salinized and we had no trouble drinking the local water, although they do provide the bottled options. The staff works hard to make sure you are satisfied and there is always someone there to help without being too overbearing. The workout facilities were acceptable with a trainer on-site to assist with questions. I used the spa facilities today and would compare the masseuse to any of the other 5 star spas throughout the world. We're only at day 4 of a 7 night stay and I have felt very safe and satisfied.
Some general tips:
When you arrive at the airport you will be greeted by an overabundance of gentleman who will be trying to secure a committment to visit a timeshare. The Pueblo Bonito did advise us to walk directly out of the airport to look for the shuttle driver. This can be a bit confusing as when you clear customs and receive your bags the next door leads you to another "room" where many people are trying to steer you to speak to timeshare people. Turn "right" at the exit and go through another set of automatic doors to find your shuttle.
At the Pacifica, there is free internet but you will need an ethernet cord, there is no wireless in the rooms. They do provide cords, however my husband and I both brought our laptops and we were able to be on line at the same time as we brought one from home. The internet connection is one of the few "free" things.
The Pacifica is part of 4 other Pueblo Bonito Properties in this area. The Sunset is up the road and the Blanco and Rose are in Cabo itself. I suggest familiarizing yourself with the shuttle schedule and plan accordingly. You can go by taxi but a taxi ride into Cabo cost $10.00 (US Dollars) and $60.00 to San Jose. There are car rentals if you are inclined to drive yourself. If there is a downfall, it would be that the shuttles don't run frequently enough and sometimes there was not enough room which kept us waiting further. Also make sure you reserve a spot on the shuttles going to town or you may find yourself waiting for the next one.
You cannot swim in the ocean at the Pacifica or Sunset, you will need to go into town to the other Pueblo Bonitos to swim in the Ocean. But honestly, I didn't mind.
Since we had our college aged daughter with us, we did have a choice to be at Pueblo Bonito Sunset versus Pacifica. Sunset has much more going on, however we preferred the serenity of Pacifica.
Make sure to catch the sunset from the beach one night - the site is breathtaking.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award-winning Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Resort & Spa is an enchanting oasis of natural beauty and relaxation, located on a 2.5 Mile stretch of pristine white beach on the Pacific Ocean, just one mile from lively downtown Cabo San Lucas. This boutique resort offers a deluxe all-inclusive plan providing gourmet a la carte dining, enhanced guest services and a wide range of amenities. Pacifica features five restaurants, five bars, two pools, an award-winning spa and luxurious accommodations in a calm, adults-only environment. Fashionably decorated guestrooms and suites include furnished patios and balconies with stunning views of the ocean and sunsets. One of the most exciting and recent additions at Pueblo Bonito Pacifica are, The Towers at Pacifica a new ultra-luxe resort-within-a-resort, offering 47 new exquisite guest rooms and suites. Also, a new oceanfront gym, and Península, a new beachfront restaurant and bar, featuring traditional Baja Cuisine and creative mixology. New enhanced services accompanied the expansion as well, such as pool butlers for poolside and beach service, and fantastic culinary experiences, such as the Hook & Cook activity. Designed for the sophisticated and discerning guest, Pueblo Bonito Pacifica has everything needed for a fun and relaxing vacation experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Resort And Spa
- Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Holistic Retreat & Spa
- Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Golf & Spa Resort Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos