We just got back from a 10 day stay at the Pueblo Bonito, arriving the day that the pool renovations were just completed. I would concur with most of what has already been said in this forum: the hotel is beautfiul design in an awesome setting (it is as good as the pictures...here and on their website). It has all the look and feel of a first-class, luxury hotel experience, but is a bit lacking in the depth and quality of service.
For example, during our (long) stay, the hotel shut down power for one whole day from 10-6 PM, which wouldn't have been such a big deal if we are following our normal routine of 8 hours by the pool / pool bar, enjoying margaritas and the grill's good lunches. BUT, it was the semifinals of the world cup and we braved the insanity of Medano Beach. Needless to say, we were very happy to get back to the tranquility of the Pacifica.
Also, we twice wanted to rent a car from the local Avis "desk" in the lobby, and both times after making reservations, the Avis rep disappeared for a long afternoon siesta between 2 and 6 PM. And finally, although we received the $100 in massage discounts earned from the timeshare tour, we found the spa services to be less than adequate. And finally, as part of the PuebloBonito family of hotels, we found a lot of itinerint guests from the Sunset and even the Rose and Blanco, coming for the peace and quiet of the Pacifica...which they had a hand in dissipating.
The hotel is about a $10 - $12 cab fare from nearly any destination in the town restaurants...which is worth the trip and the extra money to avoid the on-site restaurant which despite a nice poolfront setting and fine service, had pretty mediocre food....which was maybe because it couldn't figure out what kind of food it wanted to serve with a veritable smorgasbord of choices...none of which were that great.
All in all, for the price, the location, and the setting, this was a very good deal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award-winning Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Resort & Spa is an enchanting oasis of natural beauty and relaxation, located on a 2.5 Mile stretch of pristine white beach on the Pacific Ocean, just one mile from lively downtown Cabo San Lucas. This boutique resort offers a deluxe all-inclusive plan providing gourmet a la carte dining, enhanced guest services and a wide range of amenities. Pacifica features five restaurants, five bars, two pools, an award-winning spa and luxurious accommodations in a calm, adults-only environment. Fashionably decorated guestrooms and suites include furnished patios and balconies with stunning views of the ocean and sunsets. One of the most exciting and recent additions at Pueblo Bonito Pacifica are, The Towers at Pacifica a new ultra-luxe resort-within-a-resort, offering 47 new exquisite guest rooms and suites. Also, a new oceanfront gym, and Península, a new beachfront restaurant and bar, featuring traditional Baja Cuisine and creative mixology. New enhanced services accompanied the expansion as well, such as pool butlers for poolside and beach service, and fantastic culinary experiences, such as the Hook & Cook activity. Designed for the sophisticated and discerning guest, Pueblo Bonito Pacifica has everything needed for a fun and relaxing vacation experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Resort And Spa
- Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Holistic Retreat & Spa
- Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Golf & Spa Resort Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos