“Amazing place, Great staff.. NO KIDS! but also NO OUTSIDE FOOD!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Golf & Spa Resort

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Golf & Spa Resort
Ranked #18 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Perth Ontario
“Amazing place, Great staff.. NO KIDS! but also NO OUTSIDE FOOD!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2009

My girlfriend and I stayed at the hotel mid April and couldn't have asked for a better stay.. well almost.

First off, we are a young couple with no kids that were looking for a quiet, comfortable vacation in a 4-5 star resort hotel. We hate staying in the typical busy places that have kids and idiots running all around so we chose the last hotel along the Pacific Ocean side of Cabo. If you look on Google Earth you get a great view of what you can look forward to.

As with all the previous reviews, service was top notch and the shrimp tacos are a must at least 4/5 days you are there. The pools are great and relaxing, always fresh towels to be had and the wait staff was quick to help you with drinks or food but not over the top. One thing I will say is that it is pretty windy on the Pacific side so at times, especially in the evening, it gets a little cool. Bring a sweater or light jacket.

With the resort being outside of the city by about 10-15 minutes people have mentioned that it is inconvenient. Here's the deal... if you are impatient and can't wait 15 minutes for the shuttle to come around then maybe you should spring for the $12 cab into town. If you can wait 15 minutes, as most can, the first shuttle takes you up to their sister hotel where you will transfer onto a bigger shuttle that comes every half hour. you may have to wait for this one too but that just gives you a chance to get a quick drink, look around the lobby and rest of the facilities or just hang out in the rocking chairs they have lined up along the wall (very comfortable). Then you go into town to another sister hotel which is a little ways (10-15min walk) to the city center. We usually just walked along the beach into town, why not, your on vacation! Good thing about all these other hotels you have to go to is that you can use all their facilities as though you were staying there. You can order food and put it on your hotel tab at your hotel... AMAZING! This was good because Pacifica tends to be a little too quiet at times and if you want to go sit on the beach and people watch or just be around the action then you will want to go into Pueblo Rose. Food here was good and they have "happy hour" specials which Pacifica does not do.

When you are ready to go back to the hotel you catch the shuttle back home. If it's after 10pm then you take the $12 cab.

Now for the Time Share presentation... We did do the presentation and yes it is a 3hr tour. If you are staying for a week then it's a must whether you are interested in buying or not. Its a great tour of the hotel and if you do it on the first day or second day then you get to see the great amenities that you can use. We ate at the bistro one night and had a day at the sky pool another day.. definitely must dos and excellent bonuses. The brunch was gross but it's just a typical buffet that has soggy pancakes and weird looking eggs. I stuck to the fresh fruit as it seems to be hard to come by in Mexico. As for the pressure.. i didn't find it too high pressure. We went in with the intention of not buying on the spot but are definitely thinking we will once the new grounds are being built. Overall it was a good experience and the deal they give you is pretty good.. hard to pass up. So, for doing the tour we ended up getting 200$ spa credit and $200 food credit.

The SPA.. WOW.. that's all i can say. We did the couples massage and they put us in the private room.. not sure if this was normal or just a treat cause we are such nice people... tee hee. We didn't use the hot tub and sauna that were in the private room but the actual massage was spectacular right down to the little "ching" of the bell at the end of the session. By far best spa experience to date. With our discount coupons and also our $200 credit for time of booking, my girlfriend got a mani and pedi and we tipped well and had a total bill of 49$.

Overall this place was first class. I worked in the hotel industry in a 5 star rated luxury hotel and our service can't compare to this. I think it's probably due to the fact that they are so happy to have a good job.

Now the downside for some but not for all.

First off... no kids. If you have kids I would definitely recommend Sunset Beach the sister hotel up the hill.
Second... no outside food or drinks allowed. This can get a little costly when every beer you drink is 4.50 plus tip... and when you just want some munchies or something. We got some food in by taking a Camelback into town with us one day.
Lastly... not that you watch too much tv on vacation but the only channels you really get are FOX news and CNN news. Funny to watch the contrast of the two. Being Canadian and all.

Tips, book your airport transportation in advance on the Peublo Bonito website and go past the mob of guys waiting as you go from the screening to the pick up area. MADHOUSE.
As for rooms, they will put you in an upper level if its not too busy but I would recommend asking for a room on the right side of the hotel looking out to the ocean.. this way you get the nice morning sunrise on your balcony. We were on the other side in the shade and it was quite cool.

ENJOY YOUR STAY, YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT
IF YOU WANT TO BE TREATED LIKE A ROCKSTAR... TIP LIKE A ROCKSTAR!

3 Thank chiggins1977

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,028)
Minneapolis
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2009

Will try to keep this short as we agree with all the recent reviews. We spent 6 wonderful days at PBP which is the most beautiful, clean, and relaxing/tranquil resort we have ever visited.

Arriving at airport and shuttle - Fairly painless. We had never been to Cabo prior and had read reviews on this site regarding the fairly aggressive & deceptive timeshare reps. You really do have to put your head down and run the gauntlet through ALL 3 DOORS. They will try to trick you into thinking your shuttle service meets you inside. We had read the warnings and still almost got tricked. Quite sneaky. Once outside we quickly found the shuttle arranged through the PBP website. Very nice air conditioned van. Stopped at a few resorts along the way, total travel time was about an hour.

Resort check in - Beautiful (lavender scent, running water, sweeping views of the pacific, cool towel) and fairly painless. It took about 2 minutes to get our keys then we were shuttled across the lobby to the timeshare desk. We politely, but firmly, told them were not interested and were never again bothered our whole trip.

Room - Spotless, great bed, nice minibar with 4 dollar beers, wonderful housekeepers. Every room has a balcony, all facing the ocean.

Pools - One main pool with a swim up bar, one smaller infinity pool closer to the ocean, one hot tub. Very quiet (crashing waves and water flowing over the infinity pool), great service. All range of age/types, everyone was quite friendly.

Beach - No need to swim with the great pools and when you see the size of the waves you wouldn't want to. Cool factoid: they filmed the movie "Troy" with Brad Pitt here. It is a huge beach all to yourself.

Food - We are both foodies and were quite happy. Agree that the fish tacos are great and ate them almost every lunch. Room service is a great deal (meal and drinks for 2 aprox 30 USD). Siempre was spendy and quite good though not 5 star (prob 4). The sushi was excellent.

Other resorts - We took the free shuttle to Sunset Beach though within 30 min of arriving we turned around and headed back to Pacifica. It had a totally different vibe with people/shuttles zooming all over and lots of kids. When we got back to PBR it was like being home, I've never felt that attached to a resort before.

Other activities- We loved the couples massage on the beach. Americas Cup sailing through CaboAdventures was fantastic, we did both the race and the sunset cruise and would recommend both. Tequilla tasting was good. Mostly sat around the pool.

Summary: This is a very special resort in a stunningly beautiful and peaceful location with attentive staff who take pride in providing quality service.

3 Thank A-H-Minneapolis
San Francisco
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2009

This place completely exceeded my expectations - it totally blew me away. I arrived hot, sweaty, tired and pissed off because I didn't know better to avoid the timeshare pitch scam that is operated by the shuttle drivers at the airport. I wasted an hour and a half getting suckered into agreeing to pay $50 for an "appointment" to get free stuff and activity tickets if I listened to a timeshare pitch the following day. I was like "Fine! What ever! Just get me to the damn hotel now please???".

So when I got there I was greeted warmly by the valet and a woman bearing a cool, wet washcloth to wipe my face and hands with. I was like, whoa - this is already looking good...

And it just kept getting better and better for the 5 days I was there. The room was so gorgeous I just want to redecorate my own room at home to look just like it. Especially the bed with the dim light panels in the headboard...

The beach! I swear I had the entire beach practically to myself the entire trip -- I saw maybe one or two other people as I spent my days in a lounge chair on the beautiful, empty, peaceful beach in front of the resort. A 50 foot walk to the pool allowed me to cool off and go back to my chair (there is no swimming at this beach because it's too dangerous). I love the beds they have out on the beach as well - next time I come I'm bringing my husband :).

I can't wait to go back - it will be a yearly trip for me from now on. I returned to San Francisco so relaxed and calm and zen and I have the staff and property at Pacifica to thank for that.

The only downsides were:
- being charged $5 USD for the packet of in-room coffee for the coffee maker
- being charged $15/hr to use the internet down in the cafe
- no smoking on the property... smoking is allowed on the beach or out in front of the lobby (which didn't make much sense to me, but whatever).
- the inlaid stone design all around the edge of the bed: I kept forgetting about it and when you step on it barefoot it actually hurts!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled solo
2 Thank UberShoeDiva
princeton,nj
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2009

i couldn't agree more with the previous reviews. my husband and i needed a break from our two young children and this resort provided that. as mentioned, the most annoying part of the trip was navigating through the timeshare people when trying to exit the airport. even though i had read the reviews and was warned, i was not prepared for how they swarm on you. after saying no several times to all the offers, we were only approached 2 other times at the resort and once you tell them no, they definitely do not keep bothering you. we had no issues with the food or cost for the food- we found it comparable to places we eat back home. no place is perfect, but i have to honestly say, the friendliness of the staff and ridiculously great weather makes this a place i can not wait to return to. i could not stop taking pictures of the resort- so beautiful and the landscaping is impressive. i especially loved the no kids!!! i love my children, but when i am going on a vacation for some peace and quiet, i definitely do not need to see or hear children running around. a super place to just do nothing at all.

NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2009

My wife and I just returned from a 9 night stay at the Pacifica. Most of the prior rerviews have covered it, but this place is really worth the trip. The outdoor pool area is amazing. You can sit for hours and not hear anything but the waves. The service by the pool is AMAZING and very reasonable prices (pacifico $4 bucks, burgers $10 bucks). The rooms are very clean / nice, but not very large. But if you are going here to sit in your room you are going to the wrong place. Two complaints while minor need to be noted: 1) dont call yourself a holistic retreat and then charge $10 a day per person to use the gym. The gym is just fine by modern standards but to charge for it?? I have traveled the world and never been charged to use a gym. 2) peple from the other resorts come over to use to the pool. The other resorts are much cheaper (when i booked they were $50 a night cheaper). You get what you pay for, if you book the cheaper resort then stay there. Management has to control the amount of people using the resort, as it got overcrowded by people from the other resorts. This is just not the way the worlds works. You charged me to use the gym at my own resort, did you charge those people to use the pool at my resort? While these complaints are minor, the place is great and we will return.

I had another issue for which i emailed mgmt when i returned and it was immedately handled.

All in all great place and would highly recommend.

Mooresville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2009

My husband and I arrived on April 20th. Monday must be a great day to fly in because there were hardly any "sharks" at the airport. We did make the mistake of telling one "inside the tank" which shuttle we were looking for, but it didn't take long to tell him no and move on. When we arrived at the Pacifica and were greeted with "Welcome Home"...we knew we were where we belonged. EVERYONE on the staff was incredibly friendly. Sure, we were given the time share pitch, but they were NOT pushy about it at all and we said "no thank you". There wasn't any mention of it after that. The entire grounds were impecible. We watched them groom the sand and the gardens every morning. They take such pride in their work and it shows! We LOVED the little cafe and got our coffee with bagel/cream cheese/turkey every morning. Delicious! Of course the first thing we did after checking in was head straight to the pool for the fish tacos. Amazing! Tried the shrimp taco's next. Have to say they were a bit better than the fist tacos, but they were both incredibly delicious. Loved walking on the beach and spent a lot of time listening and watching the massive waves. We were also fortunate enough to see a couple whales off shore early one morning. We thought they had been gone for a few weeks, so were excited to see a glimpse. Will have to come back during whale season.
We took advantage of the shuttle to the Sunset and the Rose. Every time we came back to the Pacifica it WAS like coming home. We loved the peaceful setting. Ate dinner at the Bistro at the Sunset on Friday night for my birthday. Carlos was awesome. My hubby made plans for them to sing to me and they gave me a birthday cake. I couldn't have asked for more. It was perfect!
We did the Outdoor Adventure (through Cabo Adventures) on Wednesday. It was so much fun. The Blue Team was funny, friendly, made you feel safe...the zip lines, bridges, rock climbing and rappeling were awesome.
Thursday I started the day with a yoga class on the beach. Francesco was wonderful. There were only 2 of us in class so it was great to have the extra attention. Later we went into town to do shopping. Sure we were asked by tons of people to do their activites, but nobody was pushy and all backed off when you politely said no thank you. I was amazed at how many knew english and felt bad for not knowing more of their language. Of course we had to have a margarita at Cabo Wabo! Yum!
Friday we had a couples massage at the Pacifica. What a way to start the day. It was amazing. We loved being able to use the steam room and spa pool afterwards. Could've stayed there all day.
We were SO SAD to leave. Loved every minute of our week in Cabo. Won't even think about staying anywhere else the next time we go back (which hopefully will be soon). Couldn't have asked for more...and it was all better than I could've ever hoped for.

Guttenberg, NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2009

My husband and I just returned from a 5 night stay at the Pacifica, and in a single word, it was heavenly. We are expecting our first child in July and wanted to find a quiet, relaxing resort to enjoy each other's company before the baby arrives. We are in our mid-thirties and were among the younger guests, most of whom were couples as well.

Although the beach is non-swimming, the pool area was a serene place to spend our mornings and afternoons - with the exception of having to endure a couple of PDA (public displays of affection) sightings. The only sounds you hear are the crashing of the waves in the Pacific, the water running off of the edge of the infinity pool and the occasional indistinctive conversation from the other guests. The food served poolside from Aire restaurant is the best we've ever experienced from a pool bar. The quality of the food is top notch and priced reasonably given the generous portions. Granted, we did not drink alcohol during our stay, which I can imagine can considerably drive up your tab.

We took advantage of the free shuttle to the Pueblo Bonito Rose to try out a swimming beach, and the difference between the two resorts was rather glaring. The Rose and the Blanco (Pueblo Bonito Los Cabos) are more typical family resorts with music playing over the outdoor speakers, children splashing and young adults playing pool volleyball. The Sea of Cortez, although swimable, is still a bit rough, and there are beach vendors constantly trolling the hotel areas. The smell of gas from the boats and jet skis is pervasive and easily overpowers the sea air.

As far as the dining options at Pacifica, we were not incredibly impressed by the main restaurant at the resort, Siempre. The food was good, but slightly higher priced than a comparable dinner back in the States or even in other restaurants in Cabo. (Please see my restaurant reviews for Nick-San, Edith's, Market and La Nao.)

I had a pre-natal massage at the Armonia spa on the resort, which was enjoyable, but nothing spectacular. The decor of the spa itself is overly plain, and unlike other hotel spas, they don't offer use of a sauna or spa pool.

The staff at Pacifica is very ameniable and kind. We especially enjoyed the hospitality and geniality of the staff at the Activities Center, where at no additional cost, you can enjoy free activities (ping pong tournament, beach walks, blackjack, etc.) and classes (cooking, Mexican wine, towel folding, etc.).

I believe we were one of the very few couples who did not participate in the free breakfast and "presentation" at the Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach resort for the timeshare spiel. It is possible to politely and persistently decline, although understandably being hounded from the moment you pick up your bags to until you are safely in your hotel room grates on your nerves.

A couple of lessons learned from our experience:
1. Surviving the Airport "Guantlet" - After baggage claim, you pass through the rental car counter area and then through frosted automated sliding glass doors which open into a room FILLED with people trying to get you to talk to them. DO NOT display any clues about which car rental company you are using or hotel you are staying at by carrying around anything with their logos, they will use the information to convince you they are affiliated with those companies. Just keep walking toward the exit until you are outside of the airport.
2. They Are Everywhere - Just because you've survived the airport guantlet and made it safely to the off-airport car rental agency doesn't mean it's over. There was a very kind gentleman talking to my husband while I obtained our car. We were told by the car rental agent to ask him for directions to our hotel, which he gave us but only after trying to get us to sign up for a "free breakfast" at the Westin.
3. Free Breakfasts for a $20 Deposit? - After checking into our hotel, the front desk directed us to a concierge-looking desk in the lobby for our "welcome package." (He gave our room keys to the bellhop instead of us.) The welcome package was nothing more than a folio of local brochures, and the women at the desk tried various hotel credits and free sunset cruise bribes to try and get us to sign up for the free breakfast at the Sunset. When I told her we'd consider it (we weren't really) and she started to sign us up for the next morning, she asked us for a $20 deposit. That gave me the perfect out, since I told her we were not going to commit ourselves to something 'free' with a deposit.

1 Thank cyno503