“Great R & R place”

Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Golf & Spa Resort
Ranked #21 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Reviewed July 21, 2014

My GF & I spend @ week @ Pacifica. We booked private transportation with translobo with was seamless & relaxing.
We booked an overview room (we were given room # 1421), upon entering the room we were both let down. The room is on the 2nd floor & is small. Fortunately, Miguel @ the front desk was able to move us to a suite (1552) on the 2nd day (we paid $130 / nite for the upgrade). The room was a great improvement. The room comes with a butler (Paulo) & she was very helpful.
We both wanted R & R we able to the R & R.
Spent a day @ Sunset (adult pool & skypool). Adult pool was ok & the skypool was more of a party scene. That said, preferred the quite pool @ Pacifica to either of these pools.
If you like to workout during your vacation, head up the hill to Sunset as the gym there is much better.
We ordered room service numerous times & it came relatively quick, was what we ordered & was hot & good.
With our room upgrade we did received access to a beach cabanna. Service is ok, but because you can't cool off in the ocean you are constantly going back & forth to one of the pools to cool off. Truthfully, nothing special but a nice perk.
Our butler (Paulo) was able to get us a great price for 3 massages. My suggestion would be not to accept the first price they present & be prepared to walk away. Once our butler found out we were interested she was able to get us a price we were comfortable. I have read on TA that some people have gone into town for massages to get a better price. Once you take into account the taxi fare & the extra travel time, we were better off getting a massage @ the resort.
Lastly, one observation that I was surprised to see was the number of people who did not tip the staff. People, if you can afford to stay @ place like Pacifica & you receive good / great service don't be cheap. An average day we spent around $40 on tips (maid, room service guy, happy cart guy, pool service guy).

Room Tip: Higher the rooms the better the view.
2  Thank blackberry44
Write a ReviewReviews (3,984)

Reviewed July 17, 2014

My girlfriend and I went down for some R&R and we found it at this wonderful resort.

The service was excellent, especially a young gentleman named Alex Vega, who was always sincerely helpful, friendly, very nice. He went out of his way to help us learn and practice spanish, which we really enjoyed. He added a lot to our stay.

The food was top notch with lots of variety. Plus we could eat at the other 3 Pueblo Bonito Resorts, which were a short shuttle ride away.

We got massages at the spa and I'm pretty sure we were actually in heaven.

One thing to be aware of is that you cannot swim in the ocean at the Pacifica resort because it is dangerous. You have to schedule a free shuttle ride to the Rose resort to swim in the ocean.

The only part of the trip that was not wonderful was the time share presentation. We were sort of hustled into attending a time share presentation (i.e. I didn't really understand what we were getting into until they already had a $25 deposit), and the presentation was pretty high pressure. Perhaps this is standard, but I'd never done a time-share presentation before. Still, they delivered the $250 spa coupon, as promised.

Overall, it was simply wonderful and I hope that we can return soon.

Room Tip: All rooms face the ocean, but rooms on the 4th and 5th floors (and maybe 2nd and 3rd) have ocean vie...
2  Thank Ben L
Reviewed July 17, 2014

After much research, I & 3 others girl friends wanted something nice, all inclusive & quiet, and this hotel will do ALL that!

Decors are very beautiful, artsy, desert like combines with beautiful contemporary flair. If you are into photography, you will find this hotel & the beautiful brown sand in the ocean as your backdrop for some gorgeous photo opts. Back to the hotel, best service & best feel the moment you step off your taxi. Belt boys staffs are so friendly, fun, and respectful. Same with the rest of the staffs work at the room service, house keeping & restaurants. They were all so sweet, nice & respectful. I love that.

When you hear "all inclusive" you might be skeptical on the quality, but believe me, this place provide the best "all inclusive" food ever...and I have been to many resorts/all inclusive hotels everywhere. The restaurant Siempre serves excellent lunch & dinner menu. We really truly enjoyed the dinner there, the a la carte menu was smart, various choice of food & excellent quality. The sushi restaurant is good as well. If you like to venture out, go to the sister hotel next door, and try the La Frida is one of the best/fine dining restaurant in Cabo, food was excellent, romantic setting.

If you are looking for fun/loud/hook up place in Cabo, THIS IS NOT THE PLACE! Like previous reviews stated, this is a very ZEN resort, serene, relaxing, no crazy, loud crowd here. Everyone is in very relax & chill mode.

We got talked into taking the TIME SHARE tour for a session of massage, we did that, and it was worth. Just 90minutes to visit the sister hotel next door, Pueblo Bonita Pacifica, to hear what they have to say about selling their condos, you will get a good view & good tour of the whole complex, JUST HAVE TO BE STRONG TO SAY NO. They can be very convincing.

Spa was really nice, well build and well service. If you are worry about how to get from/to airport/hotel, just use their shuttle service, they are on time, safe & will be there for you.
Come and enjoy this serene, beautiful & relaxing place, you will not regret. <3

PS: I included few photos taken from my own Samsung phone, though it was pretty spectacular!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Michelle N
Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

Did a lot of searching before booking with Sunwing. It was such a nice resort with the Food being the best I've had on a resort. If your looking for a party place don't stay here but looking for a relaxing time it's a must!! Will be back for sure!

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Arin000
Reviewed July 15, 2014

My husband and I decided to take a well deserved vacation just him and I. No kids, family or friends. 1st time in 19 years! Plus it was my 40th birthday! So we wanted fun, sun and relaxation. We found it here! The food was always wonderful, service was great and the atmosphere was everything we wanted and needed. Special call out to the Bell Boy Alfredo who greeted us the 1st day with "Welcome home!" He worked all but one day we were there and ALWAYS made sure we were very well taken care of. Also thanks to Regulo at Siempre. He was our waiter the 1st night and even though not the rest of the time, continued to check on us at every meal. Even making sure we were not double billed for his tip. BOTH WERE GREAT GUYS and helped make our time extra special. Don't forget to order room service. The food from there was actually some of the best. WONDERFUL shrimp cocktails and beef taco's Yum! I can't wait to go back home!!

7  Thank Kristy L
Reviewed July 15, 2014

My husband and I stayed here at the end of a month long trip around the states. We could not have picked a better place to relax before returning home. we had the all inclusive, this was such a great option! the food was beautiful! not only could we eat at this resort but also the 2 other Pueblo Bonito resorts! each resort has beautiful restaurants, not just a buffet. We loved the Sushi restaurant Pescados and Siempre. AMAZING!

4  Thank ShanMcGeorge
Reviewed July 15, 2014

I have been to Cabo 3 times and have stayed at the Pueblo Bonito Pacifica the last 2 times. It is now the only place I will stay when coming to cabo. I am extremely picky and a tad snobby when it comes to hotels/resorts, so please trust that if you stay here you will ABSOLUTELY not regret it. It is very "zen" so it has that relaxing side, yet the pool is fun during the day and the drinks are excellent (not watered down and made to order with fresh fruit and perfect amounts of alcohol!)IT has an amazing restaurant that you can eat at whenever, and also a YUMMY sushi restaurant on the property that is included in your all inclusive package. My main thing is that sometimes when you are buying all inclusive packages, you can get a type of crowd that is..well....spring break style craziness and a bit low class. But everyone was amazing and we made a lot of new friends (including the staff--theyre so sweet!) And for anyone saying "I don't wanna travel to mexico because its so unsafe.." CABO IS THE PLACE TO BE. In NO WAY, shape, or form, did I ever feel unsafe. We even walked the marina and the streets of downtown at night and its literally all American tourists..no shady people...no weirdos.... and there is a security presence just to keep you at ease if you do get worried about anything...which you wont. Cabo has become my favorite vacay spot and when you go to Pueblo Bonito you will see why! CHEERS!

Room Tip: Any room has a beautiful view...cant go wrong
5  Thank Abfrechmann