“Great resort”

Ranked #18 of 70 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Paso robles , CAlifornia
“Great resort”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

The resort was amazingly clean.The food was excelllent. The wait staff was friendly and attentive,thanks to Leopoldo, Cristian and Rogelio.Many thanks to our bartender Kanji, your hospitality and knowledge of tequila were outstanding.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Kritchey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,083)
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Just came back for my second visit and it keeps getting better! Usually stay at Four Seasons Resorts but couldn't find one so I choose this place. Cudo's to Alexis Huerta and Ramiro ( the chef) at the Sushi Bar, these guys are the greatest!! Really great service.. This is really a 5 star place and the staff are great, try it you wont regret it !!! Also Blanca and Antonio Curiel great service.

4 Thank Richard F
Mayra P, General Manager at Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Dear Richard,

We would like to thank you for your sincere comments, we're very happy to hear you were well treated by our staff members, we'll make sure to pass your recognition and kind words to them.

Hope to welcome you back for the third time soon.

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Beautiful Resort!! The grounds are beautiful, the beach is amazing,( can't swim here though too many currents). The room was nice. Too small for 3 people though. Fantastic views of the ocean .
Amazing sunrises & sunsets! Buffets were good, would have expected some spicier food though.
Siempre the main restaurant was Excellent! Wish we would have eaten there more. Sunday brunch was excellent. Very Clean. Shout outs to Andrea(activities), Lila & Moses (pool service) Leopoldo( Siempre) The Staff was Amazing! Amazing staff makes for Amazing resorts!. We would definitely return again. Would have given 5 stars if buffets had better food.

Room Tip: All rooms have ocean view. Higher rooms better view.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank marshloopy
Dear Marshloopy,

We are very happy to hear you enjoyed everything about Pueblo Bonito Pacifica, the food, the views, the beach, the service and everything! We'll make sure to pass your sincere comments to our staff members. Thank you for taking the time to review us.

Best Regards,

Los Angeles
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Let me start by saying that I was tempted in giving this hotel 1 star (instead of 3). But that would be based on my high expectations based off my last stay in 2009, before it became an 'all inclusive' resort. Essentially, Pacifica has become a 3.5-star hotel and 4 star prices. I just got back today (Feb 11, 2013) and would've written this review from my hotel room, but the wifi connection is horrendous.

LOCATION: can't be beat. the beach is all yours and the view is great...although you can't go in the water.

GROUNDS: Used to be beautiful, but has lost its luster in the past few years. Who's maintaining this property? The big pool is missing several tiles (very noticeable to the naked eye) and the place is littered with several dead bugs (crickets/moths/cockroaches) that were never swept up by the staff during my entire stay. We had to walk past the same dead cockroach for 5 straight days...and that was near the lobby!

ROOMS: The rooms are severely outdated. A tube TV with poor reception, a corded phone (too make it difficult to make a telephone call and look at the ocean from your balcony), uncomfortable beds/pillows, a nonstop whistling noise from the wind blowing through the outer hallways (it was very windy this past week), and NO HEATER (it was a lil chilly at night). We thought maybe it was just our room, but the Front Desk said none of the rooms have a working heater. Does that sound like a 4 or 5 star resort to you? Oh yeah...we had some ants in our bathroom...but with everything else going on, this was the last of our concerns.

FOOD: The quality of the food has definitely gone downhill since last time my wife and I stayed here in 2009. This 'all inclusive' deal is no good. Aside from the breakfasts (which were pretty good), the lunch and dinner options were terrible. The food at Siempre is just OK....the nachos at the poolside restaurant were tasteless. After eating our first couple dinners/lunches there, my wife decided to spend the rest of our trip paying the $27 round trip taxi ride to town to purchase an expensive dinner on Saturday and Sunday (wow, what a difference!) as opposed to eating the food we already paid for. At least the breakfast was good. As for the 'all inclusive' drinks....the only one we had that was worth trying was the Dirty Monkey...but don't expect the drinks to have much alcohol in them. I didn't feel even a slight buzz after consuming several Bloody Mary's and Pina Coladas...if you want alcohol...order a beer. We didn't try the sushi restaurant....but that place looked depressing. Also, the desserts were bad....don't even bother with the chocolate cake or the cheesecake. My wife, who LOVES dessert, had one bit of the cheesecake and almost gagged....she said it tasted like yogurt.

SERVICE: The poor service was the last straw. I had secured a reservation for a nice dinner at Siempre several days before our check-in, to celebrate my wife's birthday (they knew this important piece of information). When we got there, they sat us 30 mins. after our scheduled time, and at the worst table in the house (right next to the bathroom). From all the other issues we had experienced to that point, I gave up on trying to complain. One good thing is that they staff doesn't try and solicit a time-share pitch at every opportunity, like they used to in 2009. Now, the solicitation happens only when you first check in to the resort.

SPA: My wife had some spa treatments done and said they were amazing...some of the best she's ever had. Go figure that the only positive aspect of this place is not part of your 'all-inclusive' fees. Her massage (Celia?) was first rate.

I could probably go on and on...but you probably get the point. If you like bad food, outdated rooms, dead bugs, horrible service, but great spa treatments....you've come to the right place! If not...I suggest you move on....I know I will....

8 Thank paydawg717
San Francisco, California
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I have visited PB Pacifica at least 6-7 times. In the beginning, the hotel was fresh, new, and the service was on the mark.

HOWEVER. That has all changed.

Since changing the format to "all Inclusive" a couple of years ago....this hotel has gone down hill.
The crowd is not what it used to be either. If holistic means (to you) eat as much as you can then this is the place to stay. Tell them Large Marge sent you. Or better yet, this would be a great place to start you bout with diabetes. Eeew!

We had to change rooms three times on four days. The first room was infested with bugs, the second room had a whistling AC unit, and the third room stank like paint.

The staff is very deceptive and condescending. They kept saying "we're fully booked" which was not true....the place is a ghost town after the daytime pool visitors fled to their respective hotels.

The food is all inclusive level (don't eat the burger)....and any of the good stuff (top shelf liquor included) is not included. The only good restaurant is Siempre...but again, you can't have the specials unless you pay more.

Oh, and leave your laptop and ipad at home because the WiFi in this hotel in 2nd world. It's horrible and runs at less then 2mbps and drops you every 2 minutes. Literally. Also, there's no Verizon coverage in the hotel either. So if you want to keep in touch with your business or family you will find this frustrating.

I could go on and on.....but I think you get the point. I'm not some disgruntled cheap skate. I've been here and seen the property, the quality, and the service levels decline. It's too bad because I use to LOVE this place but I will never return.

I will say that if you visit for a day, the Spa is amazing. The beach is also amazing, though you cannot swim due to currents.

Hope this help.

Room Tip: Good luck!! It's total hit or miss.
4 Thank scott c
Dear Scott C,

Pueblo Bonito Pacifica appreciates your preference and your time for expressing your comments and concerns about our hotel. We are sorry to hear your vacations weren't like you expected.
We'll make sure to evaluate your feedback and to keep working hard to improve our services.

Hotel Manager
Palos Park, Illinois
Reviewed February 11, 2013

If you are looking for a quiet getaway with excellent accommodations and unbelievably friendly staff, this is the place to stay. If you want nightlife, stay at the Bonito Rose downtown. My wife and I are not big drinkers or partiers (those days are behind us) so we picked the Pacifica. It was everything we expected. If there is a negative, and it is a very small one, it's that you cannot swim in the ocean. The tides are too rough. But other then that, it is well worth the money. You can take a free shuttle to the Rose, and then walk downtown from there. Or it's only a $12 cab ride into town. We were both pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food. You do not get 5 star food at all-inclusives, but I would definitely give them 4 stars. And the theme nights were a blast.

Room Tip: If you want a view, stay in buildings 13, 14, or 15 and request the 3rd floor or higher.
3 Thank Vince P
Winnipeg
Reviewed February 10, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Pueblo Bonito Pacifica for two weeks from Jan. 24 thru Feb. 7 2013. It is adults only so there are no kids which was great. The resort is probably the cleanest resort I have ever been to and we have been to plenty. As for people who complain about missing pool tiles all I can say is you have other issues that we don't need to go into here. The staff could not have been friendlier or more attentive. The grounds are impeccable. The food was very good most of the time except for a couple of clubhouse sandwiches one day that were missing ingredients, probably just a minor oversight. If we had any complaints about the restaurants it would be that it would be nice to have a little more variety for a la cartes. There is just Siempre and the sushi restaurant and while the food was great we just wished for something different after a week or so. If you are going for one week this probably wouldn't be an issue. You can go to the Sunset up the hill but there is an up charge for one of their restaurants. The drinks were great, all the high end brands included for the most part, and as strong as you want them. You can't swim in the ocean at this resort which is a bit of a downer as we enjoy having the ocean to swim in when we hang out on the beach. As for the beach it is huge and there are no vendors which is a huge plus. We would like to point out our poolside waiter Jonathan and our Siempre waiter Francisco as they were both outstanding but as I said before all the staff were great. I met the manager one day and told him how great his people were and the next day we had a lovely basket of fresh fruit in our room from him as a thank you just for saying so. The customer service is really outstanding here. We would definitely return again. I would have gave it five stars except for the lack of ocean swimming and the lack of multiple a la carte restaurants.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank sunchaser33
PBPacifica, General Manager at Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear Sunchaser,

It is great to hear you enjoyed two wonderful weeks at Pueblo Bonito Pacifica, we feel pleased after reading your comments and opinions about our hotel. However we would like to say that as a guest of PB Pacifica you also have access to our other three sister hotels, in which you will find many different options for food and restaurants, and also at PB Rosé and PB Los Cabos, you can swim in El Medano Beach.

Hope to see you again soon.

Best,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cabo San Lucas
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Golf & Spa Resort
Esperanza - An Auberge Resort
Esperanza - An Auberge Resort
#2 of 70 in Cabo San Lucas
Grand Fiesta Americana Los Cabos All Inclusive Golf & Spa
Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa
Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive ...
#6 of 41 in San Jose del Cabo
Hacienda Encantada Resort & Residences
Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa

Been to Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Golf & Spa Resort? Share your experiences!