We have stayed at the Pacifica 3 times, and are currently on our 4th stay. This will be our last.
Here are the problems:
Noisy - from the endless (and loud) cheesy Muzak playing EVERYWHERE to the pool DJ playing pop music by the pool, to the spring break movie trivia games, this resort has lost it's identity. Leaf blowers at 7am? Really?
Food - it has never been good here, but it's worse than ever. Siempre, the upscale restaurant at the hotel, is appalling and at times inedible. Last night we had ribeye steak and the catch of the day sea bass. All of the meals were terrible. I would expect a better steak at Denny's (plus it would be warm).
Service - poolside food service is a mess. You invariably have to remind them several times about your order. We waited an hour and a half for lunch, and when it cane it was cold. The waiters are untrained and do not know when to approach a table or how to clear it, or how to stay in the background while you are eating. The general hotel staff are friendly and kind, but they don't know how to interact with the clients. At one point we were trying to ask where the shuttle was (it wasn't on time) and the valet was completely disinterested, and even changed the subject completely so he didn't have to discuss it.
Overall, it's very disappointing. Pacifica was a unique place for us in Cabo. Astonishingly quiet, gentle, and exclusive. It is now just another hotel which us occasionally quiet and peaceful, but then the crappy Muzak starts blaring again and it's lost.
Look elsewhere if you want a spa break. This place will just annoy you.
GAH THE MUZAK
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award-winning Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Resort & Spa is an enchanting oasis of natural beauty and relaxation, located on a 2.5 Mile stretch of pristine white beach on the Pacific Ocean, just one mile from lively downtown Cabo San Lucas. This boutique resort offers a deluxe all-inclusive plan providing gourmet a la carte dining, enhanced guest services and a wide range of amenities. Pacifica features five restaurants, five bars, two pools, an award-winning spa and luxurious accommodations in a calm, adults-only environment. Fashionably decorated guestrooms and suites include furnished patios and balconies with stunning views of the ocean and sunsets. One of the most exciting and recent additions at Pueblo Bonito Pacifica are, The Towers at Pacifica a new ultra-luxe resort-within-a-resort, offering 47 new exquisite guest rooms and suites. Also, a new oceanfront gym, and Península, a new beachfront restaurant and bar, featuring traditional Baja Cuisine and creative mixology. New enhanced services accompanied the expansion as well, such as pool butlers for poolside and beach service, and fantastic culinary experiences, such as the Hook & Cook activity. Designed for the sophisticated and discerning guest, Pueblo Bonito Pacifica has everything needed for a fun and relaxing vacation experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Resort And Spa
- Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Holistic Retreat & Spa
- Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Golf & Spa Resort Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos