“Worst experience EVER!!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 69 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Lincoln, Nebraska, United States
“Worst experience EVER!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

My family came to this resort thinking that it would be safe to eat, drink and enjoy our nephews wedding. Guess again! All 30 people that attended the wedding ended up very sick and five people ended up in the ER!! One of them for nine(9) days and one ended up having to have surgery!! I wonder if we send the bill to the resort if they would be willing to pay for their pain??

I have been to many different all-inclusive resorts and this is despicable and words that I feel our not appropriate to use!! If anyone is thinking of a destination wedding to this resort, please be advised of this blog!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
9 Thank Kyle R

Toronto
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

We arranged for a one week stay: all-inclusive, adult-only. We arrived after lengthy travel, and were told no space available - so they put us up in related location: not-all-inclusive and not adult-only. We had to travel back and forth between this new location and where our dinners were arranged on the original resort. Although there was provided transportation, they didn't tell us where to pick it up....so we missed the bus (so to speak), and had to take a cab to dinner. Then returning to the substitute resort, they didn't tell us we had to sign up for the bus. We had to take a taxi again. Then, everytime we ordered room service we had to explain that we should not have to pay for it---we were supposed to be in the all-inclusive resort. That was frustrating to have to go through. I didn't pay for an all-inclusive vacation to have to argue with them.
After two nights we got transferred to our assigned resort, and we were pleased with the service and the resort. We just weren't pleased with the initial service. Especially ZOAR. That's his name. Less than helpful. Sadly.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Jason J
Battle Ground, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

As owners at PB Sunset Beach, we decided to extend our vacation from there and moved to Pacifica 11/4-11/9. The room (king bed) was very small and crowded, but we were not able to get a bigger space as they were booked. This property is touted as an adults only holistic resort. I remember visiting the grounds before during previous stays at Sunset Beach and it was just that, very serene and peaceful. My recent stay there can only support the all adult part. Every day at the main pool music would blast. Lots of loud obnoxious patrons, enjoying their all inclusive alcohol. No more serenity at this place, so don't expect it if you come here. I was amused at the "pool party" they held on Wednesday. Led by Adriana, the activities director, she got everyone around the pool involved in trivia games, and other participation games that entertained the whole crowd.

On the upside, the pool service here was top notch. The servers seemed happy and were very attentive. Lila and Paola were excellent and deserve much recognition. We tried all inclusive at this place and were satisfied with the quality of the food available. I'm not a big drinker so the price of all inclusive wasn't a good value for us. The food and service at Siempre was outstanding. The food at pool service was very good. Room service food, not so much. I ordered pizza one night expecting the same brick oven thin crust I received at Sunset Beach-got a doughy disc frozen pizza instead. The other room service food was subpar.

All in all I would love to stay here again if I was able to get a room with a kitchen like we have at Sunset Beach.

4 Thank LSNorth
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

A first time visit to the Pacifica, and was a last-minute travel decision based solely on internet into. We've been coming to Cabo for some dozen years and have stayed at many other all-inclusive resorts in the area (and in other parts of the world), so knew that we were rolling the dice in trying a new place in this fashion. What a pleasant surprise we received, on many counts! Reception/check-in was friendly and efficient. One small negative; we were sent over to another desk to get our all-inclusive wrist bracelets from a lady who turned out to be the shill for time-share sales appointments (calling them orientation meetings and offering various discount event coupons). We paid $20 for this privilege, refundable if you attended the orientation, but once we figured out that it was a time share thing we decided to give it a pass and forget about the $20. Turned out to be a good move as we later learned that some people could not extricate themselves from the 'orientation process' for many hours, This was really the only blemish on the Hotel during our entire stay, so perhaps the Hotel should reconsider their bait-and-switch approach and just be straightforward.
Back to the positive: everything available in the all-inclusive was much more high-end than we expected (meals and beverages). Yes, there were some meal choices and some wine list items that were not included and were quite expensive but we did not fell any pressure to choose these options. Quality and variety of food was exceptional both at the main restaurant and at poolside (fish tacos a favorite!). The main bar (attached to Siempre the primary restaurant) was discreetly elegant, and the bar staff were knowledgeable and friendly without being obtrusive. The outdoor Fire and Ice martini bar near the beach was a romantic night-time delight. The Wine/Tequila/Tapas bar near reception was a small hidden delight that did not seem to be visited by many folk, but who knew their stuff and provided the same high level of service we'd come to expect from the other parts of the Resort.

Pool-side bar and food service was top-drawer every day - no need to come to the bar, the staff always came to you (and very very frequently!). Just sit in your chaise and relax.

Rooms are large and well appointed. Maid service is exceptional, yet magically invisible - we never saw our maid although we were in and out of our room often. Rooms were kept impeccably clean.

Although our all-inclusive package included visiting privileges to the other Pueblo Bonita Hotels in the area, we were so enamored with our Pacifica experience that we never stepped outside the gates!

Certainly there are cheaper all-inclusive resorts in the area, but we judge the Pacifica as the best value-for-money 5-star resort we've ever visited.

We look forward to returning to the Pacifica soon.

Room Tip: Not really necessary to pay a premium for a better view - even our 'low end' room had plenty...
6 Thank David A
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

On the first night of our check in, they said they had no room available at all. Of course we got very upset after long day in the airport from DC to Charlottesville to Phoenix, and finally Los Cabo by midnight! We were supposed to arrived in Los Cabo at 2pm, but instead we arrived at midnight due to delays, hence they gave our room to others and transferred us to another hotel. Is that how we are treated??? Just because we arrived "late" they gave up our room??? Thats NOT fair, especially when we bought this package 10 months ago, hence we should have been treated with priority, fairness and with care! The Mexican people only shrugged at us and said "sorry, no available room, so we will have to move u." They were cold and didn't care. My husband and I weren't definitely pleased with their attitude. Thus this hotel didnt provide the services in the best possible way as it should be, especially for its cost. Also, the transportation btw hotel and downtown is NOT free as they said it would be. It should have been better, and I am sure there are many other hotels that are far more awesome than this one, hence my SUGGESTION: DONT PICK THIS HOTEL!

Room Tip: Dont choose this hotel, if you are a beach lover and cant even swim on that pacific ocean! A lot of...
3 Thank anadaisy
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

My wife and I have a fractional ownership of a villa at Montecristo Estates in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. We have visited Pueblo Bonito Pacifica but never stayed there until this Thanksgiving Holiday. The kids and grandkids made plans to visit each other out of town so we planned this getaway for us. Good choice!

We purchased the all-inclusive package including airfare. The price was good. There were no glitches at all. Well...some minor ones not worth mentioning.

We enjoyed a week of total indulgence. Debra enjoyed the spa and I enjoyed sitting by the pool(s) and being waited on. I had plenty to eat and drink. We also visited Pueblo Bonito Rose and Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach resorts which were included in the all-inclusive package. How neat!

Two wonderful servers should be recognized. Abraham conducted a Mexican Wine Tasting event and then on another day a Mexican Tequila Tasting event. First, his pride of his country came through in a lovely way. But, he really knows both Mexican wine and tequila. I learned a lot! By the way...this was included in the package. Good deal!

Another wonderful server is Manuel. We met him for the first time on Thanksgiving evening. The very fine restaurant, Siempre, prepared a classic Thanksgiving dinner for all of us Americans. The food was wonderful and Manuel showed us a lot of attention. He continued to personally look after us after that. We talked about his country and even his own plans for the future. His pride in being part of the Pacifica team showed true.

So, we spent a week doing everything we wanted and rarely left the resort. We enjoyed excellent food and evening entertainment. I signed very few extra checks so did not have to worry about currency conversion or extra fees. Even my valet parking was included! I heartily recommend Pacifica and the all-inclusive plan.

We will be staying in our villa in February with all the kids and grandkids. I am certain we will see Abraham and Manuel again.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are ocean view. The resort is beautifully landscaped with palms that do block the...
1 Thank Sea Ya' I
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

My 2 friends and I were looking to getaway for a girls trip. Something relaxing so we could recharge out hectic lives! I travel a lot for work and am constantly staying in 4 to 5 star hotels and know you get what you pay for. So we decided to splurge a little more and well I am paying for it now!

Upon check in at 7pm at night they didn't have a room for us. We had to wait for 2 hours before they could find one. You would think that at 7pm it shouldn't be problem, wrong! They ushered us over to the time sales desk and the lady was quite nice and since I travel to Cabo at least once a year I thought heck why not I am curious to see what its all about. I had to pay a $20 deposit, which I never got back (more on that later).

Service in the restaurants- pool guys were great. Martini bar Carlos was fantastic and Sergio in Siempre was fantastic! The host even remember who I was by the next day. Be prepared not to rush and enjoy your meal things move slower here. We ate at the restaurant every nice as we found the food really impressive. They even had Foie Gras which was delightful! We only ate at the buffet once and thought is was lacking a lot! If you order lunch from the pool guys go with the fish tacos, chef's salad or quesidilla! We tipped everyone and fond that it went along way!

Time share sales men... STAY away. I now know why people commit to crimes they never did! I went wanting to know what it was about and to see if it was something that I would want to do. Of course I am not buying anything while I am on vacation, are you kidding me? Oh but the deal is only good till Monday when you leave. Well then it isn't a good deal is it! They stole 5 hours out of my day and i thought it was high unprofessional. Every time we said no they brought over someone new to try and convince us to buy. When we tried to leave and get our $20 back and of course the $200 gift certificate they ushered us to another room and had even another person in our face about why are we not buying. They even insulted my friend that I was with. At that point seeing no end in sight we got up and left. I was never able to get my $20 back or the gift certificate. We talked to the lady at the desk at the Pacifica about the behavior and rudeness and she answered her personal phone while I was talking. And then said sorry you don't get it you will have to go back to the Sunset and ask.

When it came to overall niceness of the hotel the rooms were cleaned twice a day and we did have turn down service. It took us a full 24 hours to get the pillows we received. The grounds are immaculate with the exception of the pool. I find this quite ODD. I read the reviews that there are a couple of tiles missing. Couple it was down right astonishing. I was shocked that they let the pool get this bad into shape. It definitely isn't luxury when you see the pool.

Now lets get to the gift that keeps on giving! I have been utterly sick for 48 hours to the point that I am afraid to leave my house because there will be an accident. Thank god I took the rest of the week off as vacation but my friends were not so lucky! It sounds like from all the reviews of the same people that stayed there that we have clyptospordium as well. I have never been so sick in my life like this.

So would I recommend this place? Not now! Save your money and go with one star lower where you won't get screwed out of $20 dollars, 5 hours of your time and don't have a case of the poops for 5 days that ruins your time off!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
The Resort at Pedregal
The Resort at Pedregal
#1 of 69 in Cabo San Lucas
5.0 of 5 stars 1,286 reviews

Been to Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!