My 2 friends and I were looking to getaway for a girls trip. Something relaxing so we could recharge out hectic lives! I travel a lot for work and am constantly staying in 4 to 5 star hotels and know you get what you pay for. So we decided to splurge a little more and well I am paying for it now!
Upon check in at 7pm at night they didn't have a room for us. We had to wait for 2 hours before they could find one. You would think that at 7pm it shouldn't be problem, wrong! They ushered us over to the time sales desk and the lady was quite nice and since I travel to Cabo at least once a year I thought heck why not I am curious to see what its all about. I had to pay a $20 deposit, which I never got back (more on that later).
Service in the restaurants- pool guys were great. Martini bar Carlos was fantastic and Sergio in Siempre was fantastic! The host even remember who I was by the next day. Be prepared not to rush and enjoy your meal things move slower here. We ate at the restaurant every nice as we found the food really impressive. They even had Foie Gras which was delightful! We only ate at the buffet once and thought is was lacking a lot! If you order lunch from the pool guys go with the fish tacos, chef's salad or quesidilla! We tipped everyone and fond that it went along way!
Time share sales men... STAY away. I now know why people commit to crimes they never did! I went wanting to know what it was about and to see if it was something that I would want to do. Of course I am not buying anything while I am on vacation, are you kidding me? Oh but the deal is only good till Monday when you leave. Well then it isn't a good deal is it! They stole 5 hours out of my day and i thought it was high unprofessional. Every time we said no they brought over someone new to try and convince us to buy. When we tried to leave and get our $20 back and of course the $200 gift certificate they ushered us to another room and had even another person in our face about why are we not buying. They even insulted my friend that I was with. At that point seeing no end in sight we got up and left. I was never able to get my $20 back or the gift certificate. We talked to the lady at the desk at the Pacifica about the behavior and rudeness and she answered her personal phone while I was talking. And then said sorry you don't get it you will have to go back to the Sunset and ask.
When it came to overall niceness of the hotel the rooms were cleaned twice a day and we did have turn down service. It took us a full 24 hours to get the pillows we received. The grounds are immaculate with the exception of the pool. I find this quite ODD. I read the reviews that there are a couple of tiles missing. Couple it was down right astonishing. I was shocked that they let the pool get this bad into shape. It definitely isn't luxury when you see the pool.
Now lets get to the gift that keeps on giving! I have been utterly sick for 48 hours to the point that I am afraid to leave my house because there will be an accident. Thank god I took the rest of the week off as vacation but my friends were not so lucky! It sounds like from all the reviews of the same people that stayed there that we have clyptospordium as well. I have never been so sick in my life like this.
So would I recommend this place? Not now! Save your money and go with one star lower where you won't get screwed out of $20 dollars, 5 hours of your time and don't have a case of the poops for 5 days that ruins your time off!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award-winning Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Resort & Spa is an enchanting oasis of natural beauty and relaxation, located on a 2.5 Mile stretch of pristine white beach on the Pacific Ocean, just one mile from lively downtown Cabo San Lucas. This boutique resort offers a deluxe all-inclusive plan providing gourmet a la carte dining, enhanced guest services and a wide range of amenities. Pacifica features five restaurants, five bars, two pools, an award-winning spa and luxurious accommodations in a calm, adults-only environment. Fashionably decorated guestrooms and suites include furnished patios and balconies with stunning views of the ocean and sunsets. Designed for the sophisticated and discerning guest, Pueblo Bonito Pacifica has everything needed for a fun and relaxing vacation experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Resort And Spa
- Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Holistic Retreat & Spa
- Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Resort & Spa Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos