“Lovely Stay”
Review of Positano Hotel

Positano Hotel
Ranked #58 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Reviewed February 1, 2012

Just spent some time at the Positano Hotel in Cabo. The management is extremely friendly and helpful, the breakfasts included in your stay are delicious, and the garden is lovely. The pool area and the gardens are manicured and restful, and the entire area, including palapas and lawn chairs, was a delight in the January weather. I found my room to be airy and the beds comfortable, all very clean with amenities like and in room safe and individual balcony, ceiling fan and television.

There are only a few rooms, ALL of the rooms are on the second floor, which makes this hotel a poor choice for people who cannot use stairs, but positive of that location is that one has a distant sea view from the second floor. The sunsets from the balcony were splendid and the breezes on this site are heavenly.
The noise from the highway was unpleasant for me, but had the advantage of being a site of many great taco stands and an immediate stop for the many buses to the center of town and to beaches.
Positano Hotel is very good choice and a safe and comfortable place to enjoy as your base in Cabo.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank boydranchitos

Reviewed December 26, 2011

I don't understand, I booked this hotel after reading all the great reviews and omg! What a nightmare! While it is true that Vito and Jonathon are nice that's where the truth of the matter ends. Yes, Vito will cook you some Italian food under duress, but he charges an arm and a leg. And yes, rooms are decent but quiet? Hardly! The sound of the busy highway right outside the front doors has kept me awake since we've been here. I'm so exhausted I can't even enjoy myself. If they would release us from the booking we would be out of here so fast...but Vito doesn't care, he has my money and he is not letting it go. If you are looking for peace and quiet, DO NOT STAY HERE!

Room Tip: A good room would be somewhere else!
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank RubyJane60
Reviewed June 4, 2011

I stayed three nights with a friend at this beautiful small hotel in May 2011.The hotel is very nice ..beautiful grounds well kept pool and Garden.There is one pool table pool side and Big Palapa resting area. I Had a junior suite ¨ischia¨very quite and CLEAN with Wonderful terrace nice size bathroom and plenty of clean towels; the room has a small electric kitchennet , king size bed nicely furnished. we were told matresses were new so we test it out first night and WOO its totally TRUE... Beds are VERY comfortable

we had a wonderful and very relaxing vacation staying at positano hotel

Room Tip: we stayed in ( ischiia) room # 15
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Abbacecilie
Reviewed May 14, 2011

We booked a room at the Positano Hotel that came in a package flight and hotel through Expedia. We did not have great expectations because sometime photos online don’t show you the reality of the size and quality of the place.

The patio-garden and nice-sized pool are beautiful and would be great for a family gathering or event. The room was ample, air-conditioned, clean, and well maintained with a nice balcony overlooking the pool. The each room has a refrigerator, microwave, cook stove, sink, and dishes if you want to do some light cooking. While the hotel is located next to the busy highway, the rooms are well insulated for sound. There is parking in front of the building.

We had great customer service by Jonathan and Vito. They provided breakfast (yogurt, watermelon, and toast) and were helpful in giving directions to beaches and restaurants. The hotel is located close to Cabo San Lucas (10 min) and to the prettiest beaches along the corridor (10-15 min). It is also close to Costco and Walmart. You’ll need a car to get around, but we didn’t never had problems finding parking in Cabo San Lucas.

The location is nice because it is away from the craziness of the bars, crowd, and timeshare/activities representatives found downtown, but still close enough to get to restaurants, activities, and sites.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank johnnydwa
Reviewed May 5, 2011

It was our first time going to Cabos. The crew (Vito, Johnathan, and the woman that cleaned our rooms) helped make our visit to Cabos the best vacation ever! They were always working to keep this small hotel clean and well maintained. The pool area was always clean and well landscaped. I loved interacting with the staff. They really did treat us like friends! I had caught some fish after fishing the Sea of Cortez. I brought it back to the hotel and offered some to Vito. He was so grateful, he cooked up an authentic italian dinner for me and my friends! Amazing! Hope I get to visit them again!

Room Tip: The go cart track is noisey
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dooddiggler
Reviewed April 2, 2011

I went to Cabos to celebrate my 28th b~day with my friend Paola and we stayed at Positano Hotel for a week. We loved it so much since we get there. Our suite was big and really clean. I really felt like I was in my own house. Everyone is so nice at the hotel and very helpful. I definitely recommend this hotel because of the great price, amazing service, really nice people, quiet place, great location and If I ever go back to Cabos I'll stay here again. Thanks to everyone at the hotel Positano, but specially to Jonathan and Vito for making us feel like we were in our house. P.s. Vito made a pasta for us and it was soo good.:)

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank ChicaNica_11
Reviewed March 8, 2011

We had a great time and this hotel was PERFECT for what we needed. Here is just a heads up for others:
The rooms are large with high ceilings, terra cotta tile floors, white linens, and pops of color - perfect for hot weather - you will not feel cramped at all. Plenty of places to plug stuff in like cell phones, etc. All rooms have a small kitchenette with a table and chairs. The kitchenette was wonderful. We made our own coffee each day and there was a larger than normal minifridge to store snacks and water (or even enough to make a dinner). The cleaning lady provided us with a coffee maker after seeing our make shift one which was really thoughful. The bad economy has hit everyone - the free breakfast had much to be desired so I wouldn't necessarily depend upon it. Go and get your own stuff and use your kitchenette. Also the restaurant the website talks about was closed (however we were there during the low season so check first). There was not even a bottle of water to buy.
The pool and gardens are BEAUTIFUL! But again no one was serving drinks or anything like that. Go get your own stuff. Our neighbors told us they used the BBQ and fridge at the pool and made their own dinner.
Each entrance (front door and out to the balcony) is a sliding glass door which brought the breezes and light in wonderfully, but if you are worried about security I could see this as being a problem for some. We didn't bring laptops or expensive electronics or jewelry so it didn't worry us and there was a safe to store our passports.
I was also a little surprised by the go-cart park near by, but as long as you aren't hanging around the hotel during the day - the noise won't bother you - it's all closed up by 9pm. Also you probably only hear it while your on the balcony and probably not when you are down by the pool.
The bathroom is basically open to the room (the ceiling doesn't close at the top) so not all that private, but I really appreciated the almost open air shower - you aren't closed into some mildewy bathroom - the water in Cabo smells a bit sulfury so the less closed in you are the better.
Jonathan, at the reception desk was VERY helpful. Letty was the house keeper who brought us things without us asking. So if you want a place for a great price and not all the frills you don't want to pay for this is the hotel for you. Also easy parking.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple