We spent a delightful week at CC earlier this year. I had some distractions when we got home so am just now getting around to writing this. The place really is as wonderful as everyone says! We stayed in "Cardon" on the first level, it's large and airy, and very comfortable. The bathroom was especially nice with lots of room to spread out. We particularly liked the open air shower. Needed the AC only intermittently, preferring instead to open the very large windows and use the ceiling fan. WiFi is available throughout the property, but sometimes we needed to step out our door into a comfortable common room to give it a boost. The WiFi repair guy was there most of one day trying to get the wireless connection up to full strength.
The dogs added a wonderful hominess to CC although I think they'd leave non dog people alone. We sought out their company while we were there.
A special part of our week was getting to know the people of CC and the other guests. Lori is adept at bringing people together, it clearly matters to her (and to Craig as well, but he wasn't around nearly as much as Lori) that everyone feels at home. She's a gracious hostess, and offered all kinds of assistance and advice, but she never interfered, same for Craig. We especially enjoyed meeting Betty, Lori's mother. Dora cooked breakfast most days - her English is far better than my Spanish. Dora is just as warm and friendly as Lori, Craig, Betty.
Breakfasts were delicious and presented beautifully. The table settings were colorful with different dishes and cloth napkins every day. Usually 2 or 3 hummingbirds (one morning there were 5) ate their breakfast nearby as we ate ours. There's a fridge for guests and you can use the kitchen to reheat leftovers, and the wine set up makes the sunset glass or two very easy. You just take the bottle you want and leave money in an envelope on the fridge. I spent a lot of the week reading, and divided my time between the various terraces and sitting areas, indoors and outside. Never got around to using the hot tub, maybe next time.
The only hitch we had all week was right at the very beginning. Here's a word to the wise - when you turn off the main road to drive back to CC, you will turn into what looks like a little parking lot but it's really a road. We drove past it a few times, and kept wondering how we were missing the turn off. CC is down this unpaved road, more of a lane actually, and you will enter the grounds of CC through the gates where Lori and Craig park their SUVs. The landscaping throughout the property is quite stunning, and this particular gate has a rose bougainvilla. arch above it.
Casa Contente is a home away from home, in all the best ways!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located one mile from both the ocean and the nearest golf course, and situated in the small enclave of Cabo San Lucas, Mexico, our Casa Contenta Bed & Breakfast Inn is the perfect paradisical refuge at the edge of the known world, "Lands' End", the tip of the magnificent Baja Peninsula. A place where like-minded, adventurous spirits take comfort in relaxation and activity. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire so you can book your Casa Contenta Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Contenta Luxury b&b
- Casa Contenta Luxury Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Casa Contenta Bed & Breakfast Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos