“Felt like home...”

Ranked #2 of 27 Cabo San Lucas B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“Felt like home...”
Reviewed March 14, 2011

Our home doesn't look out over the city and water of Cabo San Lucas, but Craig and Lori's does. We stayed with them for four relaxing days at the end of February before heading north to meet with whales and sea lion pups. We had a wonderful time in Todos Santos and La Paz, but we'd booked another night at Casa Contenta before leaving Baja and, when we walked in the door my wife said, "it feels like we've come home." The Harrison's are perfect hosts, available to provide guidance, advice and as little or as much conversation as you might like. The other guests in the five-room home were interesting and compatible, but the home has four levels with multiple places for relaxation on each, so one can easily be alone, too. Go there. Stay there. Just don't take MY room.

1 Thank i10q

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Deptford, New Jersey
Reviewed March 14, 2011

My husband and I just spent 5 amazing days at Casa Contenta. The location was great...so close to town but far enough that you could enjoy the view of Lands End and all the cruise ships from their quiet neighborhood in the hills.
Lori and Craig, the owners, are contagiously positive and warm and immediately made us feel welcome. Their travel and restaurant tips helped us get around like locals and the serenity of their gardens, rooftop pool and firepit helped us enjoy the simply relaxing moments as well. Their neighborhood felt very safe, I went for morning runs and was pleasantly greeted by the neighbors and their canine friends.
We really enjoyed the convenience of Casa Contenta's hand picked wine selection and the massage therapist they brought to their home to give us the VIP treatment. But I would be remissed if I didn't say that the breakfast was out-of-this-world delicous and beautiful. We were served fresh fruit as an appetizer for the most amazing french toast and mexican favorites each morning. We enjoyed all the little details too....herbal tea selections and freshly brewed coffee, fresh flowers and fancy place settings with a different view from the deck or dining room each day. They even made a special on-the-go breakfast for our early morning flight on our last day.
I highly recommend Casa Contenta for a relaxing stay with wonderful people, 3 great dogs and complete serenity.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MShattuck
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed March 7, 2011

Fabulous stay in luxury surrounds. Craig and Lori were amazing hosts and made everything really easy and fun. Highly recommended.

1 Thank Chaz56_11
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed March 7, 2011

Casa Contenta is a lovely home in the traditional Mexican style, a short drive away from the busy Cabo San Lucas downtown and the local beaches. It is very comfortable, relaxing, and serves four star breakfasts. The gracious and charming hosts, Lori + Craig, are very knowledgeable about the area, and will assist you with information and reservations. We spent 8 delightful days there mid-February 2011, and we highly recommend it.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank lbryson
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed March 4, 2011

It was my first time in Cabo. Being a Brazilian world traveler who lives in California and used to the cozy, quaint and calm B&Bs all over my country (or how we call it there "pousadas"), I was quite concerned about being stuck in a loud, overly crowded, huge hotel/ resort style with impersonal service. I found Casa Contenta here and called to talk to someone personally. Craig, the owner, called me back right away. I thought: Score! Then he was so kind and helpful over the phone that it was too hard to pass. We booked it. And we couldn't have been happier! The view from their top deck and pool is breathtaking, to LIVE FOR, not to mention romantic!!! Their breakfast's delightful! Their rooms are beautiful and spacious. Lori and Craig, the owners... I simply felt like i had known them for ages. Yes, they are THAT lovely. Gorgeous Chileno and Santa Maria beaches are 5 min away. My boyfriend loved it. What else can i say?!? Can't wait to go back! With more friends next time!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Andie772
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed February 20, 2011

You have never experienced true paradise until you stay at Casa Contenta in Cabo San Lucas. My husband and I spent 10 fantastic days in this most beautiful Bed & Breakfast Villa. Stunning sunsets, first Class accommodations, impeccable service, breathtaking ocean view and more important the nicest people you would ever want to meet. You arrive not knowing them & by the time you leave you have made true friends. Craig & Lori are the ideal hosts; gracious, kind, helpful and so very generous. We've never had such a relaxing, tranquil and fun vacation as we had with Craig and Lori and staff at Casa Contenta. We felt like royalty.
We highly recommend you taste and experience the aura of Casa Contenta. You will not be disappointed. It's a must on everyone's bucket list.
Brian & Kathy, Edmonton, Alberta

2 Thank brianandkathywatts
Santa Cruz, California
Reviewed February 14, 2011

I took Josh on a surprise trip to Cabo for his 30th birthday. I did a lot of research on where to stay and Casa Contenta was where I landed. It looked like the perfect place to stay and it was! What a unique and wonderful experience. We had such a fun time hanging out at the house and checking out the area. I would highly recommend this bed and breakfast to all my friends. We will definitely be returning to Casa Contenta.

1 Thank BridgetJosh