We just returned from a 5 day stay at the Riu and found the hotel to be very disappointing. We had to move to a new room 3 times in 5 days because of broken AC, and smelly rooms. On the 3rd try we just gave up and stayed in the mildew smelling room but at least the AC worked. It was horrible. Everthing in my suitcase had to be washed when we came home, it all smelled. The bed was so hard and uncomfortable you could hardly sleep and the whole bed smelled like mildew. To top it off, when we went to use the iron, a huge cockroach came out of the closet. We also got sick by the 3rd day of our stay, and i am still not feeling well.
Yes the grounds and pool are very nice, but for the price and agony of the terrible rooms i would change my plans if you still can if you plan to stay here. This experience was shared by 2 other couples we were with Don't Go.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the southern Baja California peninsula, 4.5 km/2.8 miles from Cabo San Lucas. 5-storey building. On the beachfront. Complimentary sun loungers on the beach. 32,000 m2 garden. 3.5 km/2.2 miles from downtown Cabo San Lucas. 40 km/25 miles from the airport. 500 m/1650 ft from a bus stop. Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Amex, Visa, Diners. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Expedia and Jetsetter so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Riu Palace Los Cabos
- Riu Cabo San Lucas
- Riu Los Cabos
- Hotel Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas Los Cabos