We stayed at RIU Palace Aug. 29 - Sept. 5 and got married there on Sept. 3. We were supposed to have 25 guests, but due to Hurricane John only 8 were able to make it. I can't say enough wonderful things about the staff at this hotel. I am not sure why other people that stayed at this resort said they were evacuated, but the staff at RIU moved us to a safer room on the inside of the hotel and we heard nothing about evacuation of the hotel. The hotel is only 2 years old and was built to withstand a Category 5. The staff kept weather updates at the buffet door and at the front desk from Wednesday through Sunday and as we sat in the lobby and watched, the staff tried to accomodate everyone and help them make arrangements. We heard horror stories about guests at other hotels and the way they treated when we were at the airport on our way home.
The day Hurricane John was supposed to come, they provided
us with more than enough bottled water, extra towels, and after we had breakfast in the buffet that morning, they gave us bag lunches to take to our room in case the storm was too bad to go back to the buffet for lunch. They also said they would deliver dinner to our rooms if the storm was still too bad at dinner. Once John didn't hit, Saturday morning, the hotel staff began to put the hotel back together, they opened the Lobby bar, and began cleaning the pools. By Saturday evening, they almost everything back to normal. We were supposed to get married on Saturday, September 2, but we had to move the wedding to Sunday, which was fine. The wedding coordinator, Adriana, did everything she could to accomodate us.
Be sure to bring cash as there is not ATM at the resort and although it is all-inclusive, tip $1 or 2 tip here and there for the staff as they work very hard to make the stay enjoyable.
We would go back in a heartbeat and will always consider RIU properties when we travel. We would definitely recommend RIU.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the southern Baja California peninsula, 4.5 km/2.8 miles from Cabo San Lucas. 5-storey building. On the beachfront. Complimentary sun loungers on the beach. 32,000 m2 garden. 3.5 km/2.2 miles from downtown Cabo San Lucas. 40 km/25 miles from the airport. 500 m/1650 ft from a bus stop. Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Visa, Diners, Discover ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Orbitz, RIU Hotels and Resorts, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Riu Palace Los Cabos
- Riu Cabo San Lucas
- Riu Los Cabos
- Hotel Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas Los Cabos