After many trips at other Riu resorts in Mexico, my husband and I decided to book the Riu Palalce Cabo after hearing so many guests at other Riu's say "this one is nice but our favourite is the Riu Palace Cabo." Wow, were they right.
We stayed there Jan 18-25 2010 and we cannot think of one negative thing to say about our trip.
Our Air Transat flights from Calgary were early both ways, with friendly cabin crew and champagne with breakfast.
Check-in at the resort was flawless and took less than 5 minutes from the time we stepped off the bus.
We had booked a jacuzzi suite (worth the extra money if you can swing it) so our room had a sweeping ocean view, large jacuzzi tub, sitting area and king bed. Having stayed at Riu hotels many times before, we knew the mattresses were on the harder side... just place the provided wool blanket under the sheet. Housekeeping did this for us.
The food at the Riu buffets is always plentiful and delicious... this resort even more so.
We ate at the resort's mexican restaurant on the beach, Mexicana, two nights in a row; food was absolutely authentic and delicious and the staff were great.
Mid-January is always quiet so we never had to rush for pool chairs. We are early risers anyway but many, many "good" pool chairs were still available before noon... unlike other resorts where you need to set your alarm for 5:30 am to claim your space. This may be different during Xmas/March Break but it was a nice surprise for us.
The grounds are immaculate, always being scrubbed and polished.
The housekeeping staff was very attentive - our rooms were made by 9:30 most mornings while we had breakfast and our fridge was always fully stocked with beer and bottled water.
Service at the pool and bars at night was top notch - bartenders and servers would always make sure our glasses were full. Most of them are hilarious too... get talking with them, they have great stories. During the day at the pool not once did I have to go to the bar for a drink, they were always walking around taking orders.
The Animacion staff was unbelievable - Robbie is a scream. The shows at night are a blast. There is always something to do with them at the resort - stretching/yoga, beach volleyball, pool volleyball, water aerobics, pool bingo, "crazy games", spanish lessons, rifle shooting... or you can sit and do nothing : )
Not once in our many stays at Riu's in Mexico have we had a problem with "theft"... we don't even think about it. We don't bring valuables when we travel but the things that did need to be kept safe (passports, airline tickets) we kept in our room safe. Make sure your room door closes behind when you leave and keep your safe key with you at all times.
Getting into Cabo was a breeze, 5 minute cab ride there, 3 minute cab ride back. Walking around the marina is beautiful at sunset. Shopping is great if you're interested, from street vendors to Cartier. We ate dinner at Ruth's Chris and had a great night.
We did not want to leave; it was literally the perfect vacation. Flawless. People that have lists of complaints need to chill out and enjoy their vacations a bit more. Understand that it is Mexico - different language, culture, food, way of life... enjoy it. Can't wait for January 2011, we will definitely be heading back to the Riu Palace Cabo.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the southern Baja California peninsula, 4.5 km/2.8 miles from Cabo San Lucas. 5-storey building. On the beachfront. Complimentary sun loungers on the beach. 32,000 m2 garden. 3.5 km/2.2 miles from downtown Cabo San Lucas. 40 km/25 miles from the airport. 500 m/1650 ft from a bus stop. Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Visa, Diners, Discover ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, RIU Hotels and Resorts, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Riu Palace Los Cabos
- Riu Cabo San Lucas
- Riu Los Cabos
- Hotel Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas Los Cabos