My boyfriend and I took our first vacation together and stayed at the RIU - Los Cabos, September 25th - 30th. We had an amazing time. Like many of the others that posted reviews, we had our concerns but we promised ourselves that we would not set our expectaions too high based on many of the negative reviews that we read. That was the best thing we could have done because we ended up having a blast! We met a lot of fun people from across the U.S. and have kept in touch with a few couples since getting back from our vacation. We would go back to the RIU again.
1.) The staff were very friendly and willing to assist us with any questions that we had. I suffered from a heat rash my second to last day at the resort. The on-site doctor saw me promptly, gave me a few shots for the discomfort, wrote me a perscription and the hotel even arranged for my medication to be delivered right to the hotel so I didn't have to try and find a pharmacy on my own! That's customer service in my book!!
2.) We ate at both the Steakhouse (the food was so-so) and the Japanese Restaurant (it was excellent, we highly recommend it!). Make sure to book your reservations for the restaurants as early as possible (like at 11 AM when they open). Another piece of advice, if you can't get in to the restaurant the nite you would like, take a chance and go to the restaurants host/hostess, they may have had a cancellation and you may be able to get in, it happened for us one nite.
3.) Drinks at the bar are pretty weak unless you ask for double alcohol. You can always doctor them a bit with the all-inclusive mini-bar in your room.
4.) The onsite disco was a little cheesy but was fun, a great place to wrap up your evening if you don't go into town.
5.) When you go into town, be sure to visit Cabo Wabo and El Squid Roe, a bit touristy but fun.
6.) Be sure to lock your valuables in the safe! Also, buy locks for your luggage so that you can lock your bags while you are out of the room. We had no problems with any items being taken from our room (perhaps it was because it was like Fort Knox!).
7.) The only disappointment that we had was the 24 hour snackss for the late nite munchies; they were pretty much non-existent. They had little tuna fish sandwiches in the bar off of the main lobby area..
Enjoy and we hope this review helps!
Jenn & Brad
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the southern Baja California peninsula, 4.5 km/2.8 miles from Cabo San Lucas. 5-storey building. On the beachfront. Complimentary sun loungers on the beach. 32,000 m2 garden. 3.5 km/2.2 miles from downtown Cabo San Lucas. 40 km/25 miles from the airport. 500 m/1650 ft from a bus stop. Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Visa, Diners, Discover ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, RIU Hotels and Resorts, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Riu Palace Los Cabos
- Riu Cabo San Lucas
- Riu Los Cabos
- Hotel Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas Los Cabos