I have no idea where these complaints are coming from about the RIU.Either rival resorts or people who will NEVER have a fun vacation. We just got back from the Riu on saturday april 23rd. My wife and I went with another from Rochester, NY. The second day we were there we met Ryan and Kim from Buffalo. The six of us stayed together the whole entire week and hand a wonderful time. Kim loves cheesey dance music and Ryan digs tequila and hot dogs. Paul loved hangin in the pool and Tricia loved the Coca De Rosa fruity drinks.
The pools were seperated by quiet pool, activity pool, kids pool or the pool we were at which was the I am here to have a good time, keep'em coming pool. We never waited for a drink and ate and drank as much as we wanted. We tipped a bit here and there the service was great. The drinks were cold, continuous and strong. The food was plentiful and eatable.
The 5-7pm reservation time slots are the primo times and that is what everyome waited in line for. We made reservations for 7:30 for the specialty places about a half of an hour after the reservation system started and there was NEVER a line. Eat later, no waiting.
The rooms were big, clean, stocked, beatiful view and best of all the beds were firm. My back never felt better.
The food was fine all three meals were very well prepared and the service was great. The entertainment was fine, but that area was just a pit stop before we went out. The disco was fun and I actually took over as DJ for about 2 hours. The staff there was so much fun.
The ATV rides and snorkeling cruise is well worth it. Pancho Panza is a wonderful restauranrt with a great atmosphere. We went there twice and I would go there again. Very good prices, the owners are there every night, small band playing, right in the marina. Can't beat it. Mi Casa was solid. The office was so much fun. Rambo is a stud. Ask him to show you what is under his apron. He will show you then you get a shot of tequila. Entertainment all night the food and drinks kept coming.
Cabo Wabo and Squid row are two fun places. Kim loved Squid row, it was her paradise. Fun places to be at. Paul was crushed at Cabo wabo as was Ryan the ssecond time. Lay off the tequila.
All in all we met some great people and it was all because the RIU made us feel so relaxed. Redneck and Roy from Vancouver. Mullet MAn from, I have no idea?PArts unknown. Kim and Ryan from Buffalo, two great people whom We will see soon.
We had it all: some spring break nudity, non stop fun and activities, festivals, meeting good people, sun, and all of that equals a great trip. I will go to CAbo San Lucas again and most definantly stay at the Riu.
Enjoy the pictures! We stayed in room 4116.
p.s. the people who were mistakenly put in our room or we were mistakenly put in your room. We did not see a thing when we came in, but your wife looked good. HaHa! inside joke, just part of the vacation package!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the southern Baja California peninsula, 4.5 km/2.8 miles from Cabo San Lucas. 5-storey building. On the beachfront. Complimentary sun loungers on the beach. 32,000 m2 garden. 3.5 km/2.2 miles from downtown Cabo San Lucas. 40 km/25 miles from the airport. 500 m/1650 ft from a bus stop. Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Amex, Visa, Diners. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, RIU Hotels and Resorts, Hotwire, Jetsetter, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Riu Palace Los Cabos
- Riu Cabo San Lucas
- Riu Los Cabos
- Hotel Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas Los Cabos