I was pretty concerned about the Riu prior to the trip after reading all the sketchy comments but we decided to give it a go. My friend and I are in the hospitality industry, so are fairly understanding when it comes to issues with the hotel. We arrived Jan 9th, and the front desk did seem very disorganized. While we were trying to check in I noticed quite a few other guests coming up to the front desk with a wide variety of problems. We got to our room which was nice & clean, but not as luxurious as I was expecting. The biggest problem was the noise. We were beside the elevator and as the hallways are all tile, we could hear everything all night long. Also, the doors to the guest rooms close with a huge bang that you can hear down the entire corridor. I spent the first night thinking someone was shooting a gun or something everytime someone's door closed!!
After the first night, we asked to be moved to a quieter room which we did. It was better, but the doors were still really loud.
The only other complaint is regarding making dinner reservations. It seems really stupid to me that you have to get up and go downstairs between 8:30 am and 10 am to a certain place in order to make a dinner reservation for one of the restaurants. Who can get up and look decent before 10 am on vacation? It was a hassle and we didn't do it, so the result was eating at the mass buffet every night. The food was fine but not spectacular. Oh well.
Overall the hotel is beautiful, the staff were nice, the food was good. I probably wouldn't be in a hurry to go back because of the noise and the lame rules regarding dinner reservations.
We found that the guests consisted mainly of couples, so it was a bit difficult for a couple of single gals to meet fun party people, but we managed!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the southern Baja California peninsula, 4.5 km/2.8 miles from Cabo San Lucas. 5-storey building. On the beachfront. Complimentary sun loungers on the beach. 32,000 m2 garden. 3.5 km/2.2 miles from downtown Cabo San Lucas. 40 km/25 miles from the airport. 500 m/1650 ft from a bus stop. Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Visa, Diners, Discover ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, RIU Hotels and Resorts, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Riu Palace Los Cabos
- Riu Cabo San Lucas
- Riu Los Cabos
- Hotel Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas Los Cabos