My husband, son & I stayed at the Riu Palace. I emailed ahead of time requesting our ocean view room and restaurant reservation requests. Upon arrival, we were taken to our room with
a very "angled" view of the ocean. The unacceptable part was a king size bed with a couch that does not fold out into a bed. If the 2 beds were pulled apart, they would "barely" be double beds!
NOT OK!! We went back to the front desk, told them the room was unacceptable! We wanted a room with a king size bed and a couch that folds out into a bed. We also wanted a room with a nice view of the ocean! We then were given a great room with a nice view, very convenient!! We were very fortunate because our king size bed was great--NO crack in the middle. It was comfortable!! My husband asked to have the rum switched out for a bottle of scotch instead (we did this at the Riu Palace in Costa Rica--amazing place!!) The front desk told us they wouldn't do it unless they charged us an extra $60. My husband told them they do this in Costa Rica at the Riu Palace-they said, This is not Costa Rica-this is Mexico! Well they got that right!! The front desk lacks in customer service!! They were rude!! We contacted our Delta Vacation rep and told him about our initial room problem and the liquoir issue. Amazing--within 1 hour we had scotch in our room!! The key to a good room is don't accept the one that is first assigned to you if you don't like the room for one reason or another!! We never stood in line for a restaurant reservation-we told one of the front desk managers about the rudeness and lack of customer service; they took care of our reservations for us. We loved the buffet the first few days for dinner but later in our stay, the food was not as good. The staff are very hard working and friendly! The bartenders in the sports bar on the Terrace were great. Wendy was so kind and friendly. The pools were fun-I always got up early so I could get chairs in a good location-so did many people. The view of the Cabo San Lucas arch and beach are beautiful. The beaches are steep-hard to take a walk. There is a strong undertow so swimming is not encouraged and it can be dangerous!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the southern Baja California peninsula, 4.5 km/2.8 miles from Cabo San Lucas. 5-storey building. On the beachfront. Complimentary sun loungers on the beach. 32,000 m2 garden. 3.5 km/2.2 miles from downtown Cabo San Lucas. 40 km/25 miles from the airport. 500 m/1650 ft from a bus stop. Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Visa, Diners, Discover ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with RIU Hotels and Resorts, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Cancelon, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Riu Palace Los Cabos
- Riu Cabo San Lucas
- Riu Los Cabos
- Hotel Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas Los Cabos