We decided to go to Cabo for March break and picked the upscale Riu Palace as compared to the Riu Sante next door. We arrived to a mix up where we did not get the room we had reserved. We ended up in an arguement over what we had reserved with the manager. In the end they gave us an ocean view room with a cot as there were three of us in the room and only 1 bed. ( we had reserved 2 beds) It wasn't the best situation as the room was small for a cot but we made due as the view was amazing.
After the initial issue we ended up happy overall as the service from the staff on site was amazing. The waiters, waitresses, staff were all very friendly & polite. The food was very good as the buffet restaurant was enormous, there was so much to choose from it was incredible.
One thing to keep in mind about Cabo in general is that if you are looking for great beaches this is not the place for you. The beaches are pretty to look at but they are rough to walk on as the sand is more like stones. The beach was also on a huge tilt downwards towards the water. So much in fact that you had a hard time walking the beach. Also the water is not for swimming as the travel agent & the tour guide on site warned us to never go in the water as the under tow is far too strong.
This is what was disappointing about Cabo in general. The Riu was very nice and if you are going to Cabo I would recommend staying there but for us we prefer the white sandy beaches & warm swimmable water of the Caribbean.
I am glad that I got to see Cabo but I would probably not return due to the water & beach issues.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the southern Baja California peninsula, 4.5 km/2.8 miles from Cabo San Lucas. 5-storey building. On the beachfront. Complimentary sun loungers on the beach. 32,000 m2 garden. 3.5 km/2.2 miles from downtown Cabo San Lucas. 40 km/25 miles from the airport. 500 m/1650 ft from a bus stop. Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Visa, Diners, Discover ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with RIU Hotels and Resorts, BookIt.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Riu Palace Los Cabos
- Riu Cabo San Lucas
- Riu Los Cabos
- Hotel Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas Los Cabos