Hotel Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Golf & Spa Resort(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$450
$434
  • Pool
ME Cabo by Melia(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$257
$204
  • Pool
Villa La Estancia Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$274
$267
$387
$325
  • Pool
Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$133
$130
  • Pool
Casa Dorada Los Cabos Resort & Spa(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$356
$288
  • Pool
The Resort at Pedregal(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$625
$606
Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$378
Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort & Spa(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$398
$335
  • Breakfast included
Playa Grande Resort(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$395
$172
7,150 results
All reviewsjapanese restaurantspecialty restaurantsactivity poolquiet sideocean viewquiet poollunch buffetmake reservationswater taxiall inclusive resortlovers beachbeds pushed togetherlobby barall inclusivesstand in linesteak restaurantmain buffet
Reviewed October 25, 2013

We just got back from this amazing experience at the Riu Palace - October 17th - 24th. This place is highly recommended if you want to go on a couple's retreat, family vacation, or get away to party it up. There is a little bit of everything for everyone, so you may never go bored.

SERVICE: We got an all inclusive paid trip including transportation from and to the airport from Allied Travels in Des Moines, IA. From the transportation services to the services at the front desk, maids, bartenders, and waiters/waitress, everyone made this experience worthwhile. We loved the waiters and waitresses in the restaurants. Strike a conversation with them and they will remember your name and address you by your name the entire time. Abril, Yuzeth, Christian, Ana and Linet were amazing, and they will come by just to say hi. We had our last breakfast with Abril on Wednesday, and we asked her if we can still connect with her through facebook and she said yes. They are hard working individuals that come to work and tries to make all of us happy, and they for sure do that!!!

VALUE: WORTH EVERY SINGLE DIME I PAID ON THIS TRIP. I am starting a business and things at my current job have not been going well, so this trip has really put things into perspective. Being here sitting on the beach chairs and striking conversations with the friends or just reflecting on life and career choices was great.

SLEEP QUALITY: Cabo San Lucas is HOT!!! After a day in the sun, you really do need to be back in you room and relax. The beds are a bit hard, but they are just fine. We always kept our rooms cool so that we can come and relax in the room before heading out to dinner. There are warm comforters for comfort.

CLEANLINESS/ROOMS: My room was very clean. You do have to put the green sign on the knob if you want your room clean, otherwise, they wont. People talk about a musty smell, but our room was just fine. You're in Mexico - it is hot, so youll probably get some moldy rooms. We brought candles and sprays with us, so that didn't bother us. As mentioned, our room was fine. My friend's room was a bit moldy, but we just lit up our candles and everything was fine. Our friend did complain about bugs in her room, but our room was fine. The maids always stocked our fridge with drinks and water and bathrooms with towels. Our beds were always made from a day out. VERY CLEAN ROOMS.

LOCATION: $12.00 cab ride into town, shopping, marina, and attractions. Not bad when we split it among the four of us. There is a Walmart close by also. There is a great view of Lover's Island, so that was an added plus. You can't swim in the beach in back of the hotel, but walk maybe a mile and youll get to some bars and a swimming beach. We never walked that far, but we sat on the shoreline near the hotel and played with the sand and water one day.

BEVERAGES: Everything was watered down. The liquor in the liquor dispensers in the room was watered down, so we never drank the liquor in the room. The beer in the fridge we finished. The drinks at the bar weren't really strong. If you go to the bar next to the lobby, Glady's make the best drinks. Ask her to make a stronger drink, and she will. Otherwise, the drinks out in the pool was only okay. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't great either.

FOOD: The food is either hit or miss, but there is a variety of food either at the buffet or the restaurant that you will find something you'll like. Highly recommended are the cheese burgers. I always dressed it up with the salsa. Condiments are watered down, but I'm thinking that different countries will have different condiment tastes, so that is probably normal. Breakfast buffet was the best for me!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kevin X
Reviewed October 24, 2013

We stayed at the riu palace October 3rd to 13th for 11 awesome days. All these reviews that the place is outdated well it's a palace it's supposed to look old and it was stunning. When we arrived we were checked in quickly and brought to our room which had a beautiful garden and ocean view. From day one the service was out of this world. This being my 7th time to Mexico the waiters, bartenders and waitresses were unbelieve. I'm a server myself so I do take very good care of them. Even if you don't tip they had a drink in your hand in 3 minutes. Abel, Ana, Miquel and Luis around the party pool were outstanding. Miss them already. Ok the food well it's Mexico!!!! You can't expect the quality of we have in Canada. I found the options endless. Never got sick of the buffets. Italian and steakhouse were amazing. Never made it to Japanese or Krystal. Hugo our server in the buffet was by far our favorite. The shows at night are pretty terrible I can't lie. The entertainment staff were awesome but pretty lame at the loud pool. Only fun thing they had was a beer drinking contest one day. Other than that water polo and aerobics. Boring!!!! All I can say is you will enjoy this resort so many things to offer. I can't wait to back.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Jessica A
Reviewed October 24, 2013

The Palace was a great vacation spot. The facilities were exceptionally clean and maintained, the staff were friendly and OVERLY accommodating. For the most part, the food was good. After 7 days, you just get a little tired of the same restaurants - although there was variety offered in the dining options.

The staff were especially accommodating of my elderly father and our request to change rooms to make the hotel more accessible for him since it is huge and our original room was on the outer area of the resort. They even moved all our luggage and settled us in the new room as soon as it became available without even having to request assistance.

The only negative (which isn't much) is that the requested rollaway bed was horrible...like sleeping directly on the boxspring!

I strongly recommend the Riu Palace as it was a great vacation. I felt like the staff catered to my every vacation whim:).

Room Tip: You can hear lots of noise in the rooms situated close to the lobby.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ac9301
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Our group of 6 enjoyed 12 nights Oct 5-17 and had a great experience. Thank you CYNTHIA and all staff for being so warm & accommodating. Rooms well kept, clean & comfortable. Restaurants / Food - all above average. Pools and Entertainment - great. And the View across to Lover's Beach - Priceless. Management was visible and available all the time, all of the staff at this resort treated us like family - the resort was kept very clean. We did not notice any bug problems anywhere - so not sure where those comments come from. We hope to go back next year. A & B Else, Surrey BC

Room Tip: Noise and voices travel and echo, request the quiet building
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Allan E
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Haha - I just read a relatively negative review of the Palace of people there same time as myself. I did not leave one single tip for my maid and had fresh towels every day! Yes, when you stay at a hotel that is "open" to the outside, you are going to see bugs, lizards, etc. I can't comment on the fitness or spa, I was there to relax and enjoy myself on a vacation. Restaurants were excellent. My husband commented that he had the best steak he had ever eaten at the steakhouse - yes, we travel a lot and regularly eat out at great restaurants.

The rooms were clean and mini bar was always stocked. We requested a mattress top and it was put on by the time we returned to our room. A nice television was in the room - we turned in on one time to see if we could catch some of the Thursday night football game - yes, they had the NFL channel - in English.

The evening shows were fine. Dancers did a good job. The couples show was hilarious. The disco starts up at 11 - yes, it is a younger crowd but we went in and watched and laughed at lot.

All of the bars and wait staff were always prompt and always asking if you needed drinks. Again, I NEVER left a single tip with any of them - call me cheap, but I really just wondered if it would affect the service I received and obviously, it did not. Don't call it an all-inclusive with tips included if you don't want tips. I thought the point was so you don't have to carry money around!

We saw three weddings on the beach - it appeared that everything was set up and taken care of by the RP staff. There were different locations for private receptions as well.

Back to food - the buffet was really very good. There were so many different stations set up for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The choices were endless. Not sure how anyone would/could go hungry here. Japanese restaurant and the Steakhouse were both very good as well. All of the food choices give you a chance to try new foods.

We took a $12 taxi downtown to the marina to do some shopping. Very easy to get back and forth from the RP. Our transfers were $34 roundtrip shuttle booked through Cabo Tours. The sailboat excursion through cabo-adventures.com was fabulous - we booked online and got a 15% discount. Definitely a highlight of our trip. Take a water taxi out to lover's beach too! Have fun! This was a 25th wedding anniversary trip with two couples.

Room Tip: Choose an oceanview room on the 2nd floor - we had room #2033 and #2037
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple