We stayed at the Riu Palace for a girl’s trip in early October. Each of us has been to all inclusive resorts before. The Riu was fantastic! Check in was easy, the staff was great, the resort was clean (and always being cleaned), the view was stunning. I had previously read reviews about thefts, outdated rooms, noisy hallways, moldy smells, etc. before going on this trip. I did not find any of these to be the case. No theft and did not hear of any during our stay. I had also read about air conditioners that did not work. The door leading to the balcony/patio must be shut or the air will not run. Our ac worked fine the whole time.
The rooms were nice; we had garden view junior suites, but still had a view of the ocean. I am glad we didn’t pay the extra $$ for the ocean view. I don’t think that the room was outdated at all. Flat screen TV, bathroom with double sinks, digital safe, stocked fridge. The double beds were pushed close together, which is unusual, but not a big deal. We hung out at both pools, but found that we liked the atmosphere of the quiet “zen-like” pool better. There are plenty of lounge chairs for each pool, but if you have a preference on where you would like to spend your pool time, you will want to put your towels out early to save your place. The chairs at the quiet pool were more comfortable.
We were able to make reservations for all specialty restaurants upon check-in, with the exception of Krystal, we had to make that reservation on the day of. I found the specialty restaurants were okay, not great, but I am an extremely picky person when it comes to food. Service was slow at the Japanese restaurant, but we weren’t in a hurry. I think the Riu has the best buffet I have found at any all inclusive resort. There were many options for dining, so that you didn’t have to eat the same thing each day. I will say that by the last day I was getting tired of the food, but that was my American appetite craving fast food. :)
The drinks were hit and miss, depending on the bartender, but I didn’t find them to be watered down or too strong. Just keep trying different drinks until you find the right one.
Overall, it was a great stay and fantastic girl’s trip. I will be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the southern Baja California peninsula, 4.5 km/2.8 miles from Cabo San Lucas. 5-storey building. On the beachfront. Complimentary sun loungers on the beach. 32,000 m2 garden. 3.5 km/2.2 miles from downtown Cabo San Lucas. 40 km/25 miles from the airport. 500 m/1650 ft from a bus stop. Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Visa, Diners, Discover ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Travelocity, RIU Hotels and Resorts, Hotels.com, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Riu Palace Los Cabos
- Riu Cabo San Lucas
- Riu Los Cabos
- Hotel Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas Los Cabos