Just returned on July 5th and loved this beautiful resort.
I've been in many resorts in many countries and this place was definitely one of the best!!!
Great service, great facilities, beautiful set up, many different pools for different purposes. Infiniti pools were gorgeous...swim up bar pools were clean.....very friendly service.....good clean buffet with many options.....decent specialty restaurants....clean rooms with great views and enough space....mini bar with small fridge in every room....it did get restock at least once a day....sometimes twice a day....... I never got up early mornings to book the specialty restaurants and I did have dinner in all 4 of them.
Took water taxi for $10.00 each to drop us off at the lovers beach and then again pick us up in couple of hours and drop us off at the Marina to visit the city........enjoyed it very much!
If you love lobster and jumbo shrimps as much as I do, you should definitely try "Mariscas Macambo" in Cabo.....best $60.00 I've spent for lobster/jumbo shrimp dish for 2!!! Jose, our waiter was the best!
Btw.....the beach isn't the best in front of the resort ..we knew this before booking for the resort and were ok with it.........there is major undertoe current...larger waves..... I did however swim there a few times but do not recommend doing so.....especially if you've had a drink or 2....keep away!
You can always find something that could be a little better and following is the list of stuff I noticed...most of them didn't bother us at all.....
Sometimes, somedays, you could smell something like sewage .....for some odd reason I think it was caused by air conditions somehow.....as soon as you turned the A/C off...the smell would go away.......it was puzzling :)
Wine didn't taste normal to me.....some loved it...some didn't like it at all.
Regular coffee tasted a bit different than what I'm used to ....then again, it didn't stop anyone from having it...cups after cups:)
The sake at Japanese restaurant tasted like vinaigrette salad dressing.....so I tried the green tea instead and loved it :)
I would definitely recommend to anyone over 30 or so, looking for some relaxing time in a great great place, to try this lovely resort.
Also.....do not take Canadian $ as their exchange rate for Canadian $ is rediculus.......take US dollars with you!
Don't hesitate to email me with any questions.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the southern Baja California peninsula, 4.5 km/2.8 miles from Cabo San Lucas. 5-storey building. On the beachfront. Complimentary sun loungers on the beach. 32,000 m2 garden. 3.5 km/2.2 miles from downtown Cabo San Lucas. 40 km/25 miles from the airport. 500 m/1650 ft from a bus stop. Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Amex, Visa, Diners. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Despegar.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Riu Palace Los Cabos
- Riu Cabo San Lucas
- Riu Los Cabos
- Hotel Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas Los Cabos